Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

heating up lasagne in oven: @ 180c for 12-14 mins, like what it said in instructions

didn't mention what shelf tho :( chanced middle , but would've been better served puttin it on top one 😒

had to give it an xtra 5mins on ye top shelfe on account of the sup-par instructions 🙂🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I get tubs of Irish stew that gives microwave instructions , still parts are cold after stirring .

happened me a few times too (cooker instructions, and warm/hot/cold food at same time - usually everything goes to plan with microwave - usually 🙂 ) 😋 some parts hot, and others, well, cold - too late to put back in oven then. just eat the hot bits, nd fekk rest of it away

me lasagne was well done this eve tho (me made sure it saw plenty enough heating time), so no complaints on that score

had to put it on a non-stick (only type i have) pan tho, as me don't have tray

that's another TA in itself. first time i tried one of them, i just put it straight onto shelf, and at least half o' me scran fell thru bars that day onto bottom of oven 😅 took me about an hour to clean the cooker after that (altho it was couple of months after that i tackled that hoor of a job 😂😆)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

TA with ready meals: when they put the cooking instructions on the bottom of the self-contained packaging, so you either flip it upside down to read and run the risk of unsettling something like a marinade (like what happened to me yesterday) or awkwardly hold it upwards and peer to read the same.

I’ve realised the only way I can read the instructions is to photo it on my phone and expand it , such is the tiny writing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

You should be able to see in your orders if you ordered it twice.

It's most likely the email was sent in error. It happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

the Mfriggin50 🤬 be a great road if the gobshites stayed off it

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My lawnmower decided it's had enough and packed in halfway through cutting the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Woke up this morning with a coldsore AND a stye. Thanks, universe.

When you click on the star but then have to click on all bookmarks. Why can't just clicking on the star take you there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People (young lads, mostly) who wear slides with socks. Do they not just keep shooting off their feet??? Also, if it's warm enough to be out and about in, essentially, flip-flops, then surely it's also warm enough for socks not to be required, no 🤔

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think I'll retire from doing work around the house.

After the lawnmower breaking I decided to give the inside of the house a good clean.

Knocked over a surround speaker and broke it. 😭

Luckily it held after using a hot glue gun to fix it but still 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's one these things that's fine for around the house.

In public its generally to show your a tough guy.( I know how that sounds)

loudmouth Tinker kid (~8yo or therebout) cursing outside 😪 arms swinging, chesht out. a baby 'G' in the making 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When you click on All Bookmarks and nothing happens ffs!

Clicking on the star for all bookmarks worked fine so I don't understand why they didn't leave it as it was . (As bad as getting rid of the pac !)

Yep , i can only find it once so hopefully a boo boo by Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Tried to go for a nice peaceful walk this evening in local park but scumbags on a scrambler totally ruined it. The noise of the thing. Heads wrecked. Hate them.

Then about four of them speeding in and out of cars on main road and doing wheelies. I wish they would fall but they never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I came here to highlight this exact issue....

In fact, its not trivial.....its really pissing me off....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I’ve no idea what chatGPT is

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Doubt they'd get much media coverage waving a placard outside an oil refinery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My boot won't stay up. Car getting serviced in a couple of weeks so will get sorted then. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't raining. Trying to take out the grocery shopping this morning was torturous as I couldn't set the bags down. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

You can set up an account and ask it. I have used it to replace work colleagues. It's more helpful, patient and objective when answering work practices and technology questions 😁

Unfortunately it'll probably replace me soon.

Lashing rain. I'm sure the forecast said dry for today the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Not covid so much, but the fact that my neighbour has been spending 40 minutes cleaning a **** broom with a very noisy water pressure gun. Seriously, just buy a new broom at this stage and let me fall back asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Why are people still going to Turkey for cheap dental surgery and plastic surgery?

Everytime I see one of these botch-job stories I wonder why didn't the people take note of the previous stories.

Is it artificial intelligence ?

how do you set up an account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had a pair of appointments yes, ran out of the office with my bag which had my purse in it.

finished my first appointment and hade a chunk of time to kill between the two, went into a charity shop from a browse/kill time.

This shop had a two bags that were the ideal size for me which I have been looking for in ages and ages.

Not enough money on me to buy them, I forgot to put mad money in my purse and just had enough for my spending.

Cant get to the shop today but I'll bet they will be gone on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dame they are soooooooooo perfect for me

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

https://chat.openai.com/

Here's a little ditty about using Boards.ie:

Verse 1:

I woke up this morning, feeling kinda blue

Didn't know what to do, had nothing to pursue

Then I remembered, a website so fine

A place where I could go, to ease my troubled mind

Chorus:

Boards.ie, oh Boards.ie

Where the conversations flow, and the people are so wise

Boards.ie, oh Boards.ie

A place where I can go, to connect and to thrive

Verse 2:

I logged onto the site, and I started to explore

So many topics, so much to adore

Politics, sports, and the latest news

All the things that matter, and so much more to choose

Chorus:

Boards.ie, oh Boards.ie

Boards.ie, oh Boards.ie

Bridge:

From Cork to Dublin, and everywhere in between

We come together, to share what we've seen

A community of people, with stories to tell

A place where we can learn, and grow as well

Chorus:

Boards.ie, oh Boards.ie

Boards.ie, oh Boards.ie

Outro:

So if you're feeling lonely, or need a little lift

Come join us on Boards.ie, and give your spirits a gift

A place where you belong, a place where you can be

A part of something special, a part of our community.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes I was eavesdropping but this couple were talking loudly.

They were trying to figure out if they had to pay for parking. He was running up and down the street for a meter/sign and then they started Goggling it.

Just ask somebody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was just about to go outside to give the grass a much needed cutting and it then decided to start raining down heavily.

Also every muscle and joint in my body is aching today. I'm just chilling on the bed at the moment and I don't want to do anything for the rest of the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement