Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

T.A. I'm terrible at remembering people's names

There's a dude that comes into work multiple times a week, he knows my name but I haven't a breeze of what his name is and it's gone on so long I can't ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Westport Covies

The sun is shining on me, I'm hot.. but not hot enough to get up and pull the blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ok so hardly trivial but another neighbour from my youth has died, a lad my own age. I’ve not seen him in a number of years but from what I’m told this morning it happened as the result a very tragic, very avoidable, seriously unlucky but awfully grim accident …

the family have now lost their dad / husband, this young man and another of his siblings all in a short few years now, got to be immensely difficult… all very nice people, led and still lead very quiet, kind, respectful and neighbourly lives with everyone….but tragedy just seems to be following them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Treadmills are better for clothes storage than threadmills. 😉

My trivial annoyance from this morning was being overtaken on my bike by another cyclist. It's not quite an ego thing (but very slightly) but more to do with the fact that I was moving fairly quickly anyway, but the person who overtook me had a 3-year-old on the back of the bike (probably on the way to the creche).

So basically, yer man overtook me going downhill, with a child on the back, approaching a bend in the road (just after breaking a traffic light). And it was the second time he had done it. (There won't be a third...)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I disagree, threadmills are ideal for storing your threads. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,937 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had planned to go to the game in Omagh on Saturday , but all the seated tickets are gone 😡 and it’s not on tv .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Grass is dry enough to cut. 😒

Me working with no end in sight and others my age have magically retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The way cookie requests are configured now, the on the first screen, one option is in a light colour and another is in a darker more eye-catching colour, on the second screen they reverse the colours and ppl can accept cookies in error as its the most eye catching box.

I find that soooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Cookie request messages in general. They can be infuriatingly intrusive, and can be slow and unresponsive also. Here's the worst cookie message screen I've seen so far...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And then you have the list of "legitimate interest" ones. No means no, even for cookies. They annoy the hell out of me.

Post edited by New Home on

People at the checkout who after all is checked fumble for either a card or money....have your card/money immediately to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Drivers who don't use indicators at roundabouts or junctions - expect other road users to be mind readers 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

It takes me a few seconds to open the Tesco app and scan the QR code. I've just been using it the past few days. Used to have a battered key card. Technology. So yeah it delays me by 2 or 3 seconds at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bought 4 spark plugs for my bike.

105 euro 🥵

I'm sure I bought the same plugs around 3 years ago for €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

The lorry that drove so close to me that I couldn’t see the number plate. Inside lane of 3 on Lucan bypass doing 80 as was the traffic ahead of me. I didn’t particularly want to exceed the speed limit but I did need to increase speed to gain a little gap. If I’d had to brake, my car would have been completely crushed. It eventually moved to middle lane and sped off.

But once I reached the motorway section minutes later I relished sailing past it on the outside lane at 120 km

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Houses that have the twee plaster 'features' in relief painted a different colour to the walls! Special shout out to my neighbour who has chosen a Madonna blue for the house and painted the little plaster squares running along over the front door and over the windows in dark blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I absolutely hate that especially when I've the kids in the backseat. I seriously don't understand the mentality of driving on someone's bumper... arriving an inch earlier isn't really going to make a difference. (Get your minds out of the gutter 😂)

So, in work we've loads of MS Teams chat channels, with loads of people on each, with varying levels of communication skills, sharing links to random stuff. This seems to be some kind of agile substitute for written, versioned approved specifications and plans. It's an absolute **** show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Be right back

There's an old graveyard nearby that would have bluebells and snowdrops etc growing by the walls and on the graves. Looks pretty to me anyway. Walked through there recently to see someone has strimmed all the verges getting rid of all the flowers bar the ones on the graves. This happens annually but it's very annoying.

• Advertisement

Yes, no live flowers allowed.

Only dead ones on the graves.

Says a lot really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Eating a lovely ice cream at home and on the TV comes a segment about how somebody else's poo can be good for your health by way of fecal transfer 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Asked by the tech provider if I'd prefer an AM or PM call to install my new equipment / services....

Told them PM please as nobody will be available to be here to stay with them all morning....

09.15.... doorbell .... "hi... I'm Tim from xxxx for your installation".. 😆 Me..." your company when giving me the option was told PM installation "

Him..." yes I see that... I was just in the area and thought I'd get a head start... is it not convenient ? "

Me..." well you have turned up 2 hours and 45 minutes before the earliest agreed appointed time, which isn't convenient as I have to go out"..

Him.." OK..what will I do so ?" ( I had no problem till now but had to bite my lip here... )

Me... " if you'd come back anytime after midday which is corresponding to the timeframe I agreed with your sales person id appreciate it thanks"

Him... (not impressed) " OK, fair enough "

We seemingly are getting further into the relms of consumers being expected to be flexible to suit our corporate overlords and the employees of said rabble...

a time there was a saying ' customer ' is king... I never believed in an absolute sense but I believe that when you are paying a business well over a four figure sum per annum...an agreement should be fuçkin honoured.. and turning up 2 hours and 45 early before schedule without even phoning to check is a pìss take..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,173 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bus Eireann's fancy pants animated ad popping up on FB....with a spark plug in it.

Been a hell of a long time since there were petrol buses!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Very very very trivial.

Hair appointment for later in the week, booked online. Am getting daily reminders via email since. They used to just remind once, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A member of our team was shouting today that parents get first priority on holidays and absolutely get first call on school holidays. As if it’s a rule that nobody can question

Honestly this never came up before. The team worked fine and if a parent needs Easter holidays for example they will get it and others will be flexible. We never had a conflict over holidays.

But I prefer to be asked and not be ordered as if I’m in the wrong

I am TA’d at the entitlement or god given right that it seems to be for this lady. All people have equal chance to request days. Some may want to fly to their home country or visit nieces and nephews.

Introducing conflict where none exists is my TA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That awful fake grass that people seem so keen on these days. We should be making our gardens as pollinator-friendly as possible, not lining them with vast swathes of fuzzy green plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I had a manager that vetoed a full month ...no one could take a days leave. ..why? His wife was pregnant and was due that month.

Some people are feckin gobsh*tes !

It's nuts..it's beyond nuts.

We have an ecological crisis. Quick, let's cover the remaining ground in nuclear proof plastic. I wonder what influencer/gardener idiot was responsible for this..and why it's allowed to be sold ... except for rare cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It doesn't matter if people want to sit at home scratching their hole under a blanket fort for a week, they're just as entitled to time off as parents. That kind of shìte really grinds my gears.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement