Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dinner time soon but I am not at all hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dinner time, I’m hungry but I don’t have the energy to cook, but I’m too hungry to wait for a take away delivery….

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I find those pasta tortellini thingies you can get in Aldi/lidl that take 2-3 mins in boiling water great for times like that. A handy fridge staple.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had to throw alot of good food out simply because my appetite has gone to shît. Not doing anything during the day has completely F-ed up my routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ever so slightly TA'd that after reading the last few posts I had to make a sandwich 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can also cook them directly in a frying pan with a glass or so of water (wait until it boils before adding them), a pinch of salt and whatever sauce takes your fancy. I really should have posted this in the food thread...

My TAs are:

1. My stupid tendons are still at me;

and

2. People who say that things should be taken with "a big pinch of salt". It should really be "a small pinch of salt", the point being that too much salt isn't a good thing, anyway. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_grain_of_salt

My local shop has installed a machine for paying by cash .

An email from a fashion brand that simply said…and the entire content of the communication was…..

“Your order has been dispatched…” 🤪

as opposed to maybe…

Hello Mr Xxxx

your order A614763 has been dispatched via DHL…. Shipping number 12347AD321

delivery schedule : Thursday May 25th 0900-1700

thank you for your custom..

maybe they’ll reduce the content of the order confirmation…

”you bought something”

I selected courier delivery so maybe a shipping reference at least ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

With you on this.

Tried handing cash to the cashier, "put it in the machine".

Eh? Can't I give it to you?

I know and the staff don’t seem to realise the next step is the dole office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If they are going to put in these machines, why not go the whole hog and put in a self service til?

That I thought there was a knock on the door, but there was no-one there .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Sitting at my desk in work, I just felt a sudden wave of tiredness come over me, fell asleep for about 20 seconds and now I feel shattered. Mbleh!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People posting jokes that I first heard Stan Boardman tell on The Comedians in the 1970s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

what with the LLS retirement of King Tubridy, and the "What Now" thread on him

TA: the "What next?" question, when asked of a professional sportsstar or an overpaid presenter

"What Next?" - NOTHING 'Next' - these fcekers all likely have their houses bought and paid for, and possibly have 2+ million in bank

they don't need to do owt next - they have it made !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

TA no beeps

I were in SV t'other day, and found meself heading for strange territory - was going to SS counters; and had forgotten that i were boycotting them on account of their cameras, and them cameras getting ever more powerful

anyhow, i was there, so wasn't doubling back at that stage...

scanning items with none of them 'beeps' to tell us that machine acknowledged the scan is a tad disconcerting - tis like it's done deliberately as part of some new worldwide facial recognition software and the lack of 'beeps' from the machine is done on purpose to get one annoyed, just so they can see the exasperated expression on us folks' boats

TA facial recognition software

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tinnitus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I hears ya (ba boom 😂)

Mine is like sitting on an aircraft waiting to take off, that dull engine hum. From time I wake up until I go asleep....it's constant. Though sometimes it shakes itself up and sounds like a bell or a deep piano note.

Mine is like a low whistling hiss, a bit like old valve TVs with the sound off...

The other TA is cramps on my feet, those that make your big toe bend downwards.

Oh, and the stupid tenosynovitis on my arm, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Arthritis in my neck causing pins and needles in the arms. Warm nights agrivating my dermographic urticaria, bad enough with my neck and shoulder pain, itching all night is leaving me shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Wordle reset all my stats

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Housemates were up to 1am the night I actually went to bed early for the gym. Whole night's sleep ruined. Eurgh.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I usually keep well hydrated throughout the day to avoid night cramps. I used to get similar cramps where it felt like my big toe was trying to separate itself from the rest of my foot. The worst however was a calf cramp while playing astroturf soccer that was so painful that I thought I had torn my calf muscle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Are you sure you were signed in? I thought I had lost mine ages ago but I had been unknowingly logged out, so it looked like I was back to scratch.

Going to have a nice weekend, lazy as fück, enjoyable and relaxing, ahead of an incredibly trying , action packed, socially busy, miles on the clock and inconvenient week, next week where I have to head to

dental appointment….

birthday party….

christening…

&

communion

all in 5/6 days…………..I can’t swerve any of the social stuff as it’s all family related.

i think a holiday is in order……..I know a holiday is in order…but finding the time however.

I think I need more potassium - a few bananas (and/or some dark chocolate) should set me straight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Being cautious can backfire. I had a slight crack in my front headlamp so got it replaced when getting my annual service 2 weeks ago.

Failed NCT yesterday.

”Your car is perfect aside from the front headlamp which is dipping to the right. It looks like a LHD headlamp.”

”Oh no, I just got it replaced a couple of weeks ago.”

”Why did you get it replaced?”

”There was a slight crack in it”

”Could you put a piece of paper through the crack?”

”Don’t think so. Sounds like I should have left it as it was?”

”Correct. It probably would have passed anyway.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was supposed to finish work at 4.10pm. I didn't manage to get out until 5.10pm. On the way to the bus stop my bus zoomed past me. I feel like screaming right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement