Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Have acquired small cuts on both hands.

Small but darn painful! TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Being dragged to a family religious event tomorrow…

one of those situations where it’s a mega hypocritical thing… all for ‘show’… neither of the couple has a religious bone in their body……but to keep the grandparents and older factions of the families sweet…. All off to an old stone church, middle of nowhere that’s probably going to be hotter then the fires of hell…

but politics ensure just turning up for the after shindig wasn’t an appropriate thing so….

still, should have been more ‘forward thinking’ and had an out strategy before fell victim to the roped in strategy. Ahhh well. Fûck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I thought yesterdays had also been done before

My neighbour, working from home still, in the print media, doing reviews and stuff. About 2 times a week they get an ‘early’ courier delivery…

Bizarrely the courier instead of a standard courier bike has something in size like…

he knocks on the door, leaves his bike running and instead of just affecting the delivery…. And going to the next one….they stand talking, ‘having a chat’ and basically roaring at each other above the massive din of the 2000 cc engine or whatever it is….

just sign for the damn fûckin package, say thank you, retreat and get on with your respective days….. it’s been going on months…

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

seriously, how hard is it to follow simple instructions? I asked my gp for a repeat prescription. I asked that it be sent to a different pharmacy than previous repeats. i was sick and tired of that pharmacy screwing things up. did they send it to the correct pharmacy? did they? and to top it all they only sent a 3 month repeat. how can people so well educated be so stupid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Running on empty and still a 20 min walk back to base, I went into the local tesco.

Queued up at the cash self service and waited for one to clear, manger hops on the one just vacated and does something that makes it card only.

A group of loud and excited 20 somethings arrive at the tills and form a queue, so when I moved to take the only working cash self scan and it went down I was raging, I was told that I could use "my card" or use the personed tills.

Ta that ppl like me who don't want to use cards and have too much social anxiety to use the tills are forced into unwanted interactions for no good reason, Ta2 when I went in this am, the same group of ppl were using their cards on the cash tills while the card tills were mostly user free!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I want to have a shower and shave but I know as soon as I get in the parcel im expecting will arrive and I have to sign for it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA ….I’m running on empty….

id love just to be holed up either in a nice hotel or apartment for a couple of weeks. Somewhere with good weather, a nice view from the balcony and efficient room service.

I’ve family appointments/occasions, healthcare appointments and generally an endless slew of meetings and interactions with people for the next 10 days. I’m not the biggest fan of people this weather. Tending lately to be causing more problems then they are solving….

I think the reason I adore the gym apart from the health / fitness benefits is the solitariness of it all… own space, own world, doing something positive for your health and wellbeing, no distractions…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Received an email at work this morning with no punctuation, no paragraphs and full of "txt spk".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I have some sunscream but haven't used it since this hot weather as it's too greasy and a nightmare to wash off the hands and stings my eyes like cracy if it gets into them. I need to find something better but by the time that comes around, we'll probably be back to our old normal rainy weather!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you use gloves to apply it it's not half as uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I have a headache. Took painkillers but its won't go away grr

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

the godamnsumbitchinfurkin m50!! its a straight road!! jezuzhfurkinchrist how hard is it to drive on a 3lane road without hitting another car!! sumbitch!!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

The way that Donegal and Derry people say won instead of win . A won is a won !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,295 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When the lone bar person **** off randomly for a smoke break

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I lost my work bra the other day, I've taken the house apart looking for t, my bag and all the usual places a bra might end up and I cant find it. Now my hair clips are missing and my fringe is annoying me and my hair is making me over heat as I cant find my clips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Jermaine Jenas' biased anti United commentary for the fa cup final. Talking absolute rubbish at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Took the wrong one off the shelf of the full-height freezer 🙄 The waffle cone one is gick.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Too tired to prepare anything to eat, so had two bowls of lidl rice krispies instead. 😒

Sorting and matching pairs of socks.

Stick them all in a stock pot, pick two without looking and, if they match, have a sip of wine/a shot/a spoonful of ice cream/ a square of chocolate.

Post edited by New Home on

That I fancied a 6 pack of bottled beer. Except the local shop only has 12 packs or 6 packs in cans

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Clothes shop that pack the rails so tightly you can't get anything off them without major effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Radox shower gel has been repackaged into a smaller container.

You can no longer hang it upside down off the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This is why I only buy all plain black socks, plain white athletic socks, plain sneaker socks etc. No need to worry about matching them back up.

Today's TA; weevils on my coriander.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A house alarm in my estate that seems to have been ringing for hours.

I know it's not been hours, but it has been ringing for quite some time. And still going. 🙄

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement