Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Locals at the Burren complaining about cars parked at the side of the road. I completely understand, as I too live in an area that's mobbed on sunny days, bank holidays etc. But the TA is that the reason the cars are so parked is because of a lack of carparking facility. And the last three attempts to construct a carpark have been met with local objections... So, why are they complaining?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Antares35 wrote: »
    Trying to order a men's hoodie on amazon.de and the chest sizes are in cm by width so large for example is 55cm. What large man has a 55cm chest??

that is 55cm from armpit to armpit so about about a 40-44 inch chest, a size L.

https://www.dvuk.org/size-guide/

image6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

People going on about Afterlife by Ricky Gervais.
    It's the most overrated saccharine bull**** ive ever seen. It's not funny either.

Queuing for the vaccine and the woman beside me has sneezed twice, removed her mask and wiped her nose on her hand and then trousers. I f*ckin knew I'd come away with worse than I arrived with...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

people who say 'an android' rather than 'an android phone'

your laptop isnt a 'windows' or a 'ma....' (****ing apple always being awkward)

yes i am very petty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

this road i sometimes use.

it has a roundabout, but the roundabout is kind of off-set to one side, like the roundabout is pushed a little bit to the right or left instead of bang right in front of you.

so anyway, when you're coming around it people are twice as likely to make a break for it, because its off-set to one side and gives a sense of it being safe to go.

Its almost like an interruption in an otherwise lovely big straight road.

and if you thought people were daft cnts on a normal roundabout this thing is twice as bad, truly awful. fck whoever designed it, with a yardstick.

__.||__
    __O___
    . ||

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

After lathering myself in SPF 50 this morning before heading out for a day trip, I forgot to apply it to my collarbone area and now I have very angry red sunburn on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Story about the swan "rescued and raised by cavan family" and everyone going awww lovely story.
    That is not what happened! Unleashed dog raided a protected species nest and took and egg, that's what happened and it's an ongoing problem now especially on beaches that dogs are let loose and disturbing nesting birds. The swan is probably going to have to go to a sanctuary now because it was raised by humans and hasn't had interaction with other swans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Archeron wrote: »
    I just sent an email to a customer saying "Thank you for sharting" instead of thank you for sharing.

I hate typos.

In a previous job we were invoicing the department of pubic expenditure for years before an audit picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Those radio or TV adverts for the GAA, making it sound like its the most important thing in the history of mankind.

They are slightly cringeworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

spookwoman wrote: »
    Story about the swan "rescued and raised by cavan family" and everyone going awww lovely story.
    That is not what happened! Unleashed dog raided a protected species nest and took and egg, that's what happened and it's an ongoing problem now especially on beaches that dogs are let loose and disturbing nesting birds. The swan is probably going to have to go to a sanctuary now because it was raised by humans and hasn't had interaction with other swans.

Media have a way of spinning stories like the two eegits on paddleboards and the failure of the adult on shore who was supposed to be keeping an eye on them.
    Instead of being a salutary lesson in water safety it was spun into one about near national heroes praised for their resilience.

Ooh let's not blame anyone...be kind etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My son's 1st communion is this Sunday ( put back due to covid) so I didn't take my sleep aid last night so I wouldn't sleep in for 10am mass. So after been awake all night , I get showered, shaved and suited only to find out in a phone call to my ex wife (of all people:( ) that today is Saturday!!
    Sleep deprivation does strange things!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,552 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I recently upgraded my broadband package and cancelled the old one.
    I stayed with the same company and signed a new contract that was more expensive.
    They contacted me a few days later to say they were sorry to hear is was leaving and was there anything to get me to come back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I stayed with the same company and signed a new contract that was more expensive.
    They contacted me a few days later to say they were sorry to hear is was leaving and was there anything to get me to come back to them.

Reminds me of when I signed up for Airtricity years ago.
    Airtricity reps kept calling to my door asking me to sign up. After several of these calls, I contacted them and told them that if one more sales rep called to my door that I would change provider.
    I have never used Airtricity since.

When you want to rest the spoon in the empty yoghurt carton when you're done, but it's too lightweight without it contents and just collapses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

An old ankle injury decided to flare up with a vengeance yesterday. It was so painful that I was sent home from work early.

After plenty of rest, painkillers and anti inflammatories it was feeling much better this morning. I bought an ankle support and dosed myself up with more nurofen and paracetamol and felt great. The OH and I decided we would go to Drogheda on the bus. However as we got halfway to the bus stop my ankle was on fire with pain so we had to turn back and go home, or hobble back home in my case. I'm sick of my stupid body letting me down, especially at the weekend :(

(I probably should have posted this in the Signs you're getting old thread :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I just made lunch for myself and my ex who is staying in my place at the moment. He's chilling out on the couch as I'm clambering around the kitchen cooking and cleaning on the go.
    After we've eaten and I'm finished washing the last dish, a voice from the sitting room pipes up "I could have helped with those dishes"
    🙄
    You think? But wouldn't that get in the way of your doing nothing time?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Porklife wrote: »
    I just made lunch for myself and my ex who is staying in my place at the moment. He's chilling out on the couch as I'm clambering around the kitchen cooking and cleaning on the go.
    After we've eaten and I'm finished washing the last dish, a voice from the sitting room pipes up "I could have helped with those dishes"
    ��

you should have responded with "Well what bloody stopped you?".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Look for a discount on your 'new' package ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Porklife wrote: »
    ��

Thank God hes your ex. Small mercies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When I want to open something in a new tab instead Google decides to open it in a new tab in a group

• Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My neighbor about 37..rents his house off his parents , they moved elsewhere and he moved back in... both he and his whole family are notorious for being cheap, inconsiderate, horrible, lame grimy bastards... I knew the little shît and his family growing up....played for the same football team and in scouts...

Him and the housemates are out their back now screaming their heads off ‘singing’ and shouting...2.20am.. roaring, clapping ..stereo too..

It’s far away enough that I’ll probably drift off but their next door neighbor is a lady, mid 80’s with medical issues and has home care twice a day but living alone... not nice, if you are going to be a dick, please put walls and a roof between your arsehole selves and your neighbors...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Strumms wrote: »
    My neighbor about 37..rents his house off his parents , they moved elsewhere and he moved back in... both he and his whole family are notorious for being cheap, inconsiderate, horrible, lame grimy bastards... I knew the little shît and his family growing up....played for the same football team and in scouts...

Him and the housemates are out their back now screaming their heads off ‘singing’ and shouting...2.20am.. roaring, clapping ..stereo too..

It’s far away enough that I’ll probably drift off but their next door neighbor is a lady, mid 80’s with medical issues and has home care twice a day but living alone... not nice, if you are going to be a dick, please put walls and a roof between your arsehole selves and your neighbors...

Family near us had issues with them for years, first it was the kids thinking it was fine to just come into back garden whenever. Community garda paid them a visit and the mother threatened him. Neighbours conservatory room was damaged by sliotar coming over our gardens at full speed, their chimney has a dent from another sliotar. We are between so when they are banging a sliotar about we have to be careful in our own back garden.
    These days they've taken up backetball and set up a hoop on the street outside their house. Can go on for hours thump, thump, belch, thump, thump, bang, shout and while this is going on they are playing rap music.
    Last weekend the another neighbour was having a bbq with some background music, no issue. Then the other lot started and turned the music up to the last so it drowned the background music out.

Some people should not be allowed to breed.

It’s 03.04 and I’m hearing young wans and fûckwits screaming Angels by Robbie Williams in assorted unwritten key changes for the last 15 minutes....and roaring... 3.30 is the cutoff, I’m a nighowl but getting sleepy so it will be the Guards, fück em.

I’d like to talk to them about the possibility of them entering a mass grave... tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s 03.04 and I’m hearing young wans and fûckwits screaming Angels by Robbie Williams in assorted unwritten key changes for the last 15 minutes....and roaring... 3.30 is the cutoff, I’m a nighowl but getting sleepy so it will be the Guards, fück em.

I’d like to talk to them about the possibility of them entering a mass grave... tonight.

Buy a box of stink bombs and stealthily fire one close to where they are partying anytime there is excessive noise on a school night.
    You could even use an old fashioned catapult as a delivery system*

Also useful if teenagers are hanging around outside your house

*yes I have put a lot of thought into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

when you post in a thread and then it defaults to instant email notifications as oppose to allowing you to choose from the get go; I hate when my email is littered with all kinds of notifications and subscriptions.. I feel I am always having to clean out my inbox (no offence Boards; love the site :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

sporina wrote: »
    when you post in a thread and then it defaults to instant email notifications as oppose to allowing you to choose from the get go; I hate when my email is littered with all kinds of notifications and subscriptions.. I feel I am always having to clean out my inbox (no offence Boards; love the site :D)

Go to edit options and you can turn it off as the default.

Default Thread Subscription Mode
    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to My Threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    Click none here

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Buy a box of stink bombs and stealthily fire one close to where they are partying anytime there is excessive noise on a school night.
    You could even use an old fashioned catapult as a delivery system*

Also useful if teenagers are hanging around outside your house

*yes I have put a lot of thought into this.

It got to the stage last night that a face full of acid for each of them would have been more appropriate... I’m absolutely fûcked knackered this morning...I only woke up about 30 minutes ago...

They are not exactly kids, mid to late 30’s... so not beyond the capability to rationalize that in a built up area, outside singing / screaming until 3.30 am isn’t cool.... but I have a suspicion that alcohol alone might not have been the sole catalyst for their behaviors. It’s a detached house so sitting inside roaring/ singing wouldn’t have been disturbing anybody...

But I know the landlords and their son the tenant since childhood from another vein of life before they even moved here, well the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree ....kid cares nada and neither do the parents about nobody but themselves.... cÛNTs. Hopefully I can pick up some decent sleep tonight and at least start the week feeling par.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I got my first vaccine last week. TA'd that the appointment text said "13:55pm". As opposed to 13:55 in the morning? I suppose it'd be helpful to add "am" for clarity, but adding "pm" to a twenty four hour clock?

Also TA'd that the 'stand here' stickers on the ground at the vaccination centre were nowhere near two metres apart.

Also TA'd at the dip**** in the queue behind me standing too close. Over a year now and some dopes can't keep their distance, or even follow the markings on the ground. And he was fifteen minutes early for his appointment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

All the sun we were promised and it's cloudy and dull, it wasn't this overcast in October. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement