Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That it's 4 o'clock am and I'm still awake

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That it's whatever o clock and I'm at work.. Also, when I type the letter o it auto suggests a pub I'd far prefer to be in

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I got myself ready for an appointment at 9. On the drive there I couldn't understand why the roads were so quiet. So I pulled in and had a quick look at my phone. It's Sunday, isn't it? Not Monday. Monday is tomorrow. It would also explain why my alarm didn't go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm in Dublin for a concert and I think I miss lockdown!

Probably not Dublin specific but it's like people have forgotten how to behave... ...or did they ever know?

The first Luas smelled like wee, but that's almost a given. Mildly surprised at the people coughing walking around the place and making no attempt to cover their cough. Are they not bothering now the pandemic is over, or did they never start?

I think nobody staying in my hotel knows how to close a door. Every door was slammed. Some prick next door had his telly up loud at 1am too. Or maybe the walls were that thin.

I got caught looking at some girl's ass on the last Luas. I didn't even consciously plan to look - I got up to leave a guy get off, and when I sat down again she was in front of me, and when I looked down without thinking she turned around and saw me. :o

Have to wait another hour for a train home too, because my fully flexible fare only allows changes before the outbound leg, not for the homeward leg only.

Hopefully this train won't be over full...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Having a cup of tea and a bar of chocolate. Then it's all gone and you have to face reality again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I had tea and a large dairy milk. I did share the dairy milk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

You weren't staying in the Mayson by any chance? Stayed their myself last night and didn't get to nod off until gone 3am as I could hear doors banging as well and the walls were so thin I could hear the couple next door talking and whenever they dropped anything it was like a bomb going off.

Thankfully no one to share with, grem grumpy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

This was me this morning, though I didn’t get as far as the car. I was convinced it was Monday and got ready for work but couldn’t work out why Morning Ireland wasn’t on tv? And then reality kicked in ….. age is a bitch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA is that I've no tae and no chocolate bar to make life more bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My TA is that I feel like an absolute alien sometimes because chocolate/biscuits/ cake etc. do nothing for me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

At least you don't miss them when you've none... count your blessings!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who review stuff on Amazon but can’t grasp the concept that the actual words you write should be reflected by the star rating, and visa versa.

a heap of shít IT accessory and the person complaining that it broke twice… “We use this to watch the iPad but it's the second time now the clasp has sheared off the neck part. Very annoying as it's the second time this has happened!”

so two of them broke or the same one broke twice… yet the person gives its 3 stars …the fûck ? Another moron gives it 4 stars, but complains the balance isn’t good.

to be fair I had one, it broke too….it’s a good concept of a product but the build / manufacturing quality is appalling….

if two broke or one broke twice is 1 star not 3 you tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Autocorrect - changing things it should have left alone and ignoring things it should have changed! 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was reading a review earlier where the person gave the item 1 star out of 5. The review? "Does exactly as it is supposed to. I couldn't have asked for any better!". 🤨

If you're giving a good review, give a good rating too! I know it was probably a mistake, a slip of the finger, but it isn't that hard to do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Or people leave a 5 star rating and then add "haven't tried it yet but looks good" or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Awwwwww - I must admit that did give me a giggle 😁 By Jaysus, whatever you do, don't miss it tomorrow or you'll be really TA'ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Because of the way I grew up, I have a particular hatred of housework, specifically hoovering, but as I'm allergic to dust it has to be done.

Making it more of a ta, on Sun I was still feeling low so I decided to tackle my bedroom/en suite. This meant moving what furniture I could out of the room and moving the heavier pieces so I could get under them(-fun as I have to wear a builders mask for it)

Hoovered the bedroom and found a small screw has pierced a hole in the lino under the bed, then I moved the furniture back in and started to wash the floor in the en suite, landing and stairs. the mop was too wet and in an attempt to avoid falling, I started to rearrange some plastic containers on the edge of the bath to let the floor dry a bit. I knocked the plastic items onto the floor including the brand new liquid cleanser which hit my toes and cracked its lid, reaching over to get a cloth to dry the worst bits of the floor I hit something that was plugged in and got a mild shock.

The area looks lovely tho, even my slightly burned arm and cut toe cuticle think so.🙄

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭migrant

People who literally don't know what literally means.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I just saw a job in Paris. I don't know if I should apply for it or not and I've nobody to talk to about it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I loved my time there, you can’t be bored, too much to see and do, culturally, socially and aesthetically it’s beautiful ...….. but it’s very expensive so you need a pretty good wage to get the best from it.

waiting for correspondence from my bank….about 10 days after requesting it in person….I think I’ll be opening an account elsewhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thanks! Best argument I could come up with against applying was that the French eat cats*. I love London but I think I need to make a change.

TA that someone at work who wouldn't give me the time of day just emailed me asking for something with smileys at the end of the email.

*May not be true.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Fwiw my take on sits like this is, apply and see how that goes and then follow what steps are presented to you. That said, how often will you be offered a job in Paris in your life/career? Or just imagine the look of envy on the faces of the asshats at work as you fly off to fabulous Paris.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

"I swear I'm telling you the truth, I'm not a liar!", said the person who blatantly lied before and was caught out.

Makes sense though I like my colleagues. It's just that I've had this job for 6 years and it's a dead end one at that.

TA that my 2pm appointment has been delayed by 1.75 hours.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 38,295 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some tick country accents esp from areas of Tipp, Kilkenny, Cork and Limerick

Feel there only putting them on for the 'craic' and 'banter'

Yep, like the two Johnnies. You'd swear it was still the 1980s pre internet, mega catholic Ireland.

Pretend they are sweet and innocent salt of the earth, but it's a big show, and they would buy and sell you at the drop of a hat. 🤣

Also, you'll hear the woe is me from the countryside lark, when in fact they've got a big mcmansion, 2 cars, 3 foreign holidays, 3 kids, 2 dogs, on amazinging "average" salaries. 🤣

And I'm from the country.

Edit ...

I was at some sports training for my daughter and some other father, once he knew I was of no benefit to his day job income, never spoke to me again. I was literally ghosted. That's "rural" Ireland. 🤣🤣🤣

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

In a similar vein ...

People who pretend to be Catholic.

Catholic means no abortion, no contraception, no divorce, no IVF, regular mass attendance, regular sacrement attendance, being a good person, ... belief .. , walking the talk ...

Not $$$ holy communions and church weddings.

Just stop being a hypocrite.

I respect someone who is true to their faith much more than someone who pretends to be for some kind of social collateral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,295 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Definitely agree with that

As you siad The 2 Johnnies are not your mates like they make themselves out too be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement