Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That the Monaghan- Armagh game in on poxy gaago , and I couldn’t cast it to my tv the last time .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at Burger King.

They have become wänkers with their menu options. Half the burger menu has become limited for me. I HATE bacon on burgers (biting into a burger only to feel that long stringy bit of fat rolling around the inside of my mouth makes me gag) and BK flat out don't let you remove bacon as an option.

"Just take it off", NO!!!! Principal! "Have it your way" my hole.

Oh I can absolutely take off the tomatoes, the onions, sure I don't have to have mayo if I'd prefer not to. But bacon? Tough sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ruining my lovely clean hair by feeling obliged to go for a run. Last day of the month and I was on 46.75km. Wouldn't have slept tonight if I hadn't broken the 50. So out I went, but sadly I sweat like Peppa Pig cries so now I'm going to have to wash my hair again even though I only did it yesterday and I'm really not emotionally prepared for that hardship two days in a row 😭

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Looks like Twitter won't let you browse without an account any more. So long, Rainmaker1973, Buitengebieden, We rate dogs, Daily Cloud, all the cats ones, etc.

Stupid Elon! 😡🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

In another thread the amount of people stating that they dont have a tv licence is unreal

This is one of the reasons the price has gone up so high (and I mean one !) People bragging about not paying the licence but admitting to having TV and think it's funny. Is there some reason ye think ye dont have to pay it above everyone else ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

After being stuck in a stuffy hospital department all day I was finally enjoying a little fresh air at the bus stop. This was until some balding middle aged galoot with a huge beer belly and a pair of dreadful bootcut jeans that were hanging off of him comes along and starts blowing his putrid tobacco smoke everywhere.

Bootcut jeans...for men who no longer care if they're attractive to women.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had a 100% rate on wordle but I forgot to do it during the week , so I’m down to 98% . Very very trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

People who put empty cartons back. I've regularly had empty milk cartons, emply biscuit packets, empty cereal boxes, empty boxes of tea, empty tissue boxes and some other things. It drives me nuts - why can't they just put the empty thing in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭elgicko

Different in urban areas. No licence required.

Section 19 of the Forestry Act 2014 details situations where the requirement for a tree felling licence is exempted. It is an offence to fell trees without first having obtained a felling licence if an exemption does not apply.

In general, a tree in an urban area is exempted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I took the last two days off work, partly to go to a gig in Dublin (and stay overnight) so I've a load of trivial annoyances. Firstly, the gang of 5 people (4 male, 1 female) beside me at the gig, who didn't seem to be interested in the music, but instead just chatted very loudly throughout, messing about, intentionally spilling beer on each other, for example. I wouldn't mind if they were teenagers but they were probably in their early 40s.

I went to give blood this morning before leaving Dublin, but as a lapsed donor, the process took longer than normal but I expected that. When the nurse did the haemoglobin test, I was only 13.1g/dl rather than the necessary 13.5g/dl. She said she could try the test on my arm but it had to be 14g/dl this time. She couldn't get a decent vein on my left arm to tried the other. The result for the right arm was 14g/dl so would have been good to go, but because the vein had been 'breached', they couldn't take a donation. So my healthy but not quite high enough iron levels were another annoyance.

Then I got the Luas to the Red Cow to get my bus home. When I got there, I checked the tracker which said the bus was leaving the airport in 1 minute, and would be at the Red Cow in 21 minutes. I checked again 10 minutes later and suddenly there was no bus, and the next one would be leaving a hour after the previous one should have left. 🙄 I got the Luas back to Heuston and got the train home, because the 'new' bus would have been extra full since the previous one was cancelled.

Lastly, I've a big blister on my big toe from all the walking. Poor me! 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Waking up at 4am because your alarm went off in your dream 🙄

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My feet are too warm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

"you" shortened to "u".

And especially "yes" to "ye".

It's not the 90s anymore, we've got predictive text, full keyboards, spelling checkers, AI, voice dictation, ...

It also says to me that the person is too busy scrolling on Facebook or Tiktok and don't value the communication with another human being.

Yep, you think you've got loads of milk, cereal etc in the house, then you go to get breakfast all you have is empty cartons. 😁

When you buy something you can afford now, but might not be able to afford later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Really bad buskers. Just passed a lad singing Miley Cyrus song Bring Me Flowers. He was fairly mumbly to open but when he got to the chorus he went really loud and really bad. It was like a really high pitch wobbly howling noise.

My father's lawnmower broke, but I wasn't surprised because he's the type of person to fix everything with a lump hammer. He said the starter cord appeared to have seized.

I told him in no uncertain terms not to go near mine. He took it while I was gone ("Shur, what would women do with tools and garden machinery anyway" - he has already raided my tool box (no "Ooh, Matron!", please), the only things I've left in it are two small screwdrivers and the pads you stick under the chair legs), put petrol in it with a dirty funnel, added the wrong type of engine oil, managed to hit rocks with the blade which is now covered in nicks, heard a grinding noise, thought it was the wheels, sprayed them with WD40, that made no difference so he kept going despite the grinding noise. Now I can't start the bloody thing as the cord only unravels about 10 centimetres. I'm beyond fuming.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Oh god yes.

I was walking up Grafton Street one evening a while back and there was a busker murdering a song so badly I was actually cringing as I went by.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hahahahaha you've made me think of that kitkat ad from the eighties..

We have a lad in town that's awful, so much so he's popular. Odd state of affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Arthur Pants
    Overlord

Out of curiosity, do you have a similar checklist for all religions or just Catholicism?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Even reading that is making me TA on your behalf!

I hate when people don't respect stuff belonging to others.

No, because I only have experience of Catholicism and the hypocrisy surrounding it in Irish society. To be clear it wasn't an attack on Catholicism. Just sick to my teeth of people who pretend to have Christian/Catholic values, but who would buy and sell you at the drop of a hat. And people who suddenly become holy once they've sorted out themselves and their families financially. Etc etc

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The wind. Me hair is like nothing on earth after walking the dog there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Banana Splits.

Not the ice cream type, the ones that appear on the skins of some bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

*Thinly disguised "I've got two small screwdrivers and the pads you stick under the chair legs" post* 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I am now whistling the theme tune to the old tv show to myself 😁

La la la , lalalala .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Christ you're showing your age now 😂

Before my time..... A bit 🥵

My first memory of that kinda thing would be H.R. Pufnstuf.

H.R. Pufnstuf

Who's your friend when things get rough?

H.R. Pufnstuf

Can't do a little 'cause he can't do enough 😁

Not for long, if my father decides he wants them.🤬🤬🤬

She probably came across them accidentally on YT. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Blade1 , ooh another catchy ear worm 🐛🐛🐛

That's exactly it NH ! Too young to remember them 🤫🤫🤣

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement