Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Paris is a terrific city to live and work in but it’s seriously expensive so don’t compromise in your wage negotiations….

TA…. My cousin blanking my Dad because the first occasion my Dad said “ no can’t help you there “.. in 40+ years and my cousins nose is out of joint, my Dad has been almost like a social worker / all year round santa for that family over X years…but ungrateful gimps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I absolutely detest change so I don't intend to. Glad you like it. Everything I've googled suggests that London is by far the better city.

TA that I was googling yesterday and now I don't know whether to make a fresh French CV and covering letter for an English-speaking role or just use my existing UK-style CV and covering letter.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People reading broadsheet newspapers on the bus. Go and shıte.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had a broken night and my brain had not kicked in yet, so when I went into a chemist on my walk from the Dr's I had a look in for that shampoo that helps my scalp issues and doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

Loe and behold that had a full range of products I didn't know existed, I picked up the one I wanted and double checked the price and went to pay for it. At the till it was €10 more expensive that I saw on the sticker.

Being too tired to have a discussion about it I treble-checked it on the way out and of course, I hadn't read far enough up the line of prices and that was the marked price.

Just as I was thinking yea I have an additional 20e to spend on yummies this weekend taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I came here to post a TA , but it was obviously so trivial I’ve forgotten what it was 😡

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you send a message to someone at 20:10, it appears to have been delivered, but the phone company doesn't see fit to actually deliver it until past midnight and you end up looking like a completely inappropriate lunatic with no concept of people's time or need to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Moved house at the weekend so lots of TAs. But fcuk me the biggest one of all, previous tenants & the amount of debt left behind is ridiculous. The amount of hoops just to get basic services organised. Nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"Breaks" is not a synonym of "brakes" and one does not cross a "boarder" between countries.

1. Having to pick more glass and microscopic bits of food off my treadmill following someone dropping a bowl beside it and not being diligent enough to clean up properly.
    2. someone broke my good expensive water flosser. They tried to move it by lifting it up by the water reservoir at the top which detaches, so the actual machine bit fell two and a half feet from the shelf down into the sink…. Now the water flow is fûcked and intermittent… The annoying thing is I’m yet to be informed about said drop. I heard the crash. But was in bed, crossed fingers it wasn’t what i thought it was… fûck it, it was what I thought it was..

so…. Dear people, kindly keep away from stuff that I need. To replace the treadmill with delivery and installation would be 1400 euros approximately. Repairs a couple of hundred….. I’ll need to spend 130 replacing the flosser..

so amongst everything else tomorrow……clean my treadmill in daylight, belt, inside, running board…. Sounds like an exciting hours work 😒 and procure a new flosser…… STOP BREAKING / DAMAGING MY STUFF….

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I've recently come across a TA in my own house. Was away for a few weeks and instantly noticed it once back home again. Toilet seat dampeners? speed limiters? no clue what you call them 😂 You know the toilet seats that slowly drop down into position.

When I was away all the toilet seats were like this but at home none of them are, so I'm constantly forgetting and slamming the toilet seat down. It makes such a loud noise in the echoey bathroom and gives me a fright, every time. Really annoying especially first thing in the morning.

I feel like some sort of caveman slamming the seat down every time I use the bathroom, but I keep forgetting that it doesn't have the slowing mechanism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

My ta this morning is the youngest dog; he must think he's made of sugar because he's convinced he'll dissolve if he goes out in the rain.

I had the back door open so the dogs can go outside to toilet but as it was pouring down this one decides he'll just go and cráp in the house. He's a Wolfhound, it looked like a rhino had taken a dump in the hallway 😬🤬

Hallway has been shovelled, scrubbed and deodorised with every window thrown open. But you know how lightning leaves an imprint on the retina ? Well I'm convinced I can still smell it ! I'm spending today in mortal dread of anyone visiting ☺️

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

For some reason our locker rooms in our office where switched with the ladies becoming the gents and vice versa.

My TA is that the toilet seat wasn't change and doesn't stay up so is always covered in piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Taxi Driver who had to check if giving me a lift from George's st. to Terenure was on his way home. I just said forget it with him pleading "oh no wait, just a minute I'm just checking"

For Fck sake, if you can't give me a lift, literally, up the road. Then go home! You are in city center Dublin on a Sat night at prime going home time getting iffy about ooh, ahh err I dunno. I am your customer, I am not waiting as you fiddle with google maps. I am going to another Taxi who can provide the breadth of the service which they are alighting as available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Paying for an item using the cash scanner locally, I put the money in notes and coins but the machines kept spitting it out.

When it happened for the 3rd time I asked a staff member who was hanging around for help, she said "Well, we don't take coppers to start with".

OK?! but how do you expect ppl with coins to pay for their purchases then? and what happens if ppl don't have any other money to pay with?

Ta that money isnt even seen as money anymore.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

My local shop doesn’t even accept money. It does but you have to put it in a machine. Stupid idea as rather than just hand the money to a staff member you’re slowed paying by that crap machine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think the machines should accept 5c coins but 1c and 2c are gone a while now.

My trivial annoyance today is presenters on the telly reading the newspaper headlines, but failing to deliver them the way they were intended (usually tabloid pun headlines). Today there was one headline about Marty Morrissey's free rental car, but yer man reading the headline very flatly said "Renault more free car" or whatever it was. The last bit of Renault should have been stressed obviously, so it sounded like re-NO MORE free car. I know they're stupid puns but make the effort!

[Ah, now I'm after trivially annoying myself with my explanation of that.]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The fawning over Andy Murray by the BBC. Stefanos Tsitsipas wins his match and they spend their time asking him about Murray 🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Arthur Pants
    Overlord

People taking a shite on the bus. Dirty feckers.

That I live about a 30 mins drive from town , TA is whenever I get a takeaway, India , Kebab or Chinese it’s always only tepid by the time I get to eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement

Usually pick up a 6 pack of King or if not King… Tayto. Instead because of no stock of either of the aforementioned I picked up a 12 pack cheese and onion from a British snack food manufacturer… good value too I thinks at only 4.50…. But…bags are tiny… bags that are tiny are about 30-40% full, no exaggeration. Way less then half full…

content is like hard garden wood chipping…, instead of thin, fresh and crispy they are thick, tough and unpleasant despite being in date … I obviously checked, it’s October . Luckily I still have all my teeth…

you can deal with the lack of quantity if you have quality but with neither present…revolting… basically, not food…like something you’d find lining a shrubbery in a garden.. they can pay Gary Lineker 1.2 million to advertise this absurd crap masquerading as food but decide to invest next to zero in quality control obviously…

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Muggy nights where it's just to damn hot and humid to sleep. Add to that can't have windows fully open due to new psycho kitten. Have a childlock on one but it could do with it opened more and the top windows can't be opened because he will climb the blinds. 2.30 and he's bouncing off the walls and wants to play fetch.

Self inflicted.

I logged onto wordle and it said continue my 1 day streak . I must have missed a day 😡

plus a major annoyance is I got into bed 4 hours ago and dozed for an hour . I might as well just make coffee now and get dressed

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We got one of these!

Fine Line Plus Delivery Bag with 3M Reflective Stripes - 32x32x30cm Thermal Insulated Cooler Bag for Picnics - Food Delivery Bag for Deliveries, Groceries & Takeaways - Keeps Food Hot Or Cold https://amzn.eu/d/cpEA40x

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or you can use a thermal bag from a supermarket - you can double bag the lot, if you like. Something else that work very well are those reflective/thermal thingies you use to keep the frost away from the windshield or to reflect the sun away on hot days - just wrap your takeaway in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pyscho kitten, que'est que c'est?

Der der der der der, der der der der der.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Bikes and scooters on the path. Get in the cycle lane!

People walking in the cycle lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're happy enough with ours.

We occasionally get take-aways in neighbouring towns.

It's a struggle to get large pizza boxes into it.

Good Luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

3 TAs already today.

1. Somehow this thread was no longer in my list of boards bookmarks. I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to find it

2. I bought some Tshirts earlier. I was asked if I wanted a bag and told it would be 10c. I said grand. It was a paper bag. Is there a new levy on paper bags that I missed or was the shop taking the piss?

3. Stopped at a traffic light waiting for a right turn arrow. I was a couple of cars from the front. Right arrow comes and the cars move. Except for the car in front of me. I beeped and they waved back so maybe they stalled. That wasn't the annoyance. They finally moved off and barely made it through the light in time. I didn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement