Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

When you throw yourself on the couch, get comfy with food and drink (and blanket and hot water bottle ☺️) and realise you can't find the remote and have to actually exert yourself to find it a few inches away...ffs .🙄😁

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you start keep reminiscing about the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you just want to go to bed, but you've got an hour train and a 30 minute walk first. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Fire at local-ish commercial premises overnight … emergency vehicles using my road as a shortcut, how it was a shortcut with narrowness of road, parked cars and speed bumps at following road is anyone’s guess. Garda helicopter hanging around low overhead…. Finally slept I think after 6….

woke at 9.15… auld deaf neighbour and his pal, roaring at each other outside 😅 just ‘ normal ‘ conversation…

” Maureen at number 174 got in a home help, I wonder what for…” well, to help her at home is my guess.

His dodgy knees, supermarket prices, and more besides orated at 17652 decibels….roaring….

now I’m off to a family meet up on next to no sleep, next to no energy and next to no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Parked in an almost empty supermarket carpark a good bit away from the entrance. Came out shortly afterwards to see two cars parked on both sides of me. What about all the dozens of empty spaces all over the place? 😠😠😠😬😬

• Advertisement

TA at the amount of perfume, aftershave and other smelly stuff that people absolutely drench themselves in. Its so overpowering and doesn't make anyone more attractive, it has the opposite effect. Standing anywhere within 2m of what my OH calls a 'walking perfume counter' is just unbearable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh this, I love a nice scent but go lightly FFS. Things like lynx showers and drowning of necks and wrists makes me gag. And for another complaint, a guy in the local shop with a terrible case of body odour. it brings me back to the Beano or something like that, can nearly see the stink lines above him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ignorant arseholes. Watching tennis on smaller screen in a five telly pub and a lad has still found a way to complain and block my vision partially

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I've a friend who hasn't a sense of smell for years, and she asks her family and friends to tell her if her house is stinky or if she has over done the perfume. She is always grateful to be told, especially a few years ago in her last house where there was a problem with the drains.

I always feel sorry for her as she misses the aroma of food and flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Due to rain and a hood impeding my vision a bit, i walked face first into an evil bramble branch and have four little razor slices right on the end of my nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teediddlyeye

"Only in Ireland" type memes. You know a random photo of something you might find vaguely funny while drunk, a cow on a road accompanied with the caption "only in Ireland".

Most of which were clearly not taken In Ireland. LHD cars etc.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Talking of noisy people, couple up the way into the next area of the estate moved in a while back and they started to let their dog roam until I had words. The kids were letting it out, etc etc.

They have one of those roof boxes on their SUV they never seem to take down which is a red flag for gobshites. It was up there all winter. The husband seems to be one of those can't speak at a normal volume. You can hear him shouting when he "speaks" to the kids when he's at the bottom of the road. Just passed by and f*ck sake not once did he speak normally to his kids and the kids seem to be the same, they shout instead of speak. He's set off the damn pest of a dog on the far side now with his shouting. I pity the neighbours on either side of the terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Who the fcuk ever wants a salt mill instead of just a plain ol salt cellar? I understand freshly cracked pepper is tastier but salt? Fcuk off. I don't want giant cubes of salt on my mushrooms and eggs. Restaurants just think they make them look fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'll be honest I do like rock salt on me roasties!

Roasties and boiled eggs are the only foods I add salt to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I’m still wide awake at 4.36 am 😡😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm awake since 3.30. Have a trans-Atlantic flight this afternoon. It's going to be a very long day.

^^^^

feeling jealous of that. I’d love to head back to New York 🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When conversation goes

I haven't seen your kids in ages (ages being hasn't even met the youngest) I'd like to get them a present , what would they like?

Well tbh with you they are mad into X and I have a stockpile of stuff here, so if you let me know budget I already have something here.

Oh I'll just do my own research on what kids are into these days.

Me thinking FFS I have just told you what they like. Guaranteed you'll arrive with arms swinging (if you arrive at all) with the promise you'll look after them the next time you see them. (Slipping the kids cash is also an alien concept to you)

Now don't get me wrong I don't care if people arrive with arms swinging, it's the above pointless conversation that gets on my feckin nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think I spotted the greatest mammy in the world this morning. Some woman in a Golf reversing out of a space in a petrol station while lighting a cigarette with a kid in the passenger seat.

The kid didn't look big/old enough to be in the front seat, and wasn't wearing a seat belt. He was also leaning forward over a device to the extent his head was almost resting on the airbag.

She seemed to be having trouble lighting the cigarette too, had no hand on the wheel, and wasn't paying much attention to her mirrors, let alone turning and looking behind her while reversing.

She had cracked her window open though....

• Advertisement

Even better. I’d love to go there, though probably too hot this time of year . I’m not really a heat lover.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm on a small team of three - myself, the boss and one other person who just started today. The boss is Chinese and so's the new lad so they're of course speaking Mandarin all the time to each other. Fantastic.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

That I don't get what "Outbelieve" is...something to do with womens football going by the adverts but what does it mean..😳

I presume it's something to do with not letting out dated stereotypes hold you back.

So whatever you believe you can do bring it up another lever or four.

Sounds like a stupid makey up catchphrase

My maths has gone to hell . I actually needed the phone calculator to count my wordle score 😡😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

People eating really loudly in shared spaces. Worked from a shared hub place yestetday, and two desks up the girl sounded she was recording dental adhesive ads all morning.

A massive crisp crunchy apple. A bag of nachos. Some crunchy biscuits. A plate of pork crackling. Four solid hours of crunch crunch munch nomnomnom SLURRRP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The € to £ is pretty **** atm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement