Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I feel like someone is sticking a knife in my ɓack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Had a tricky emotional day at work yes, so I took the lllloooonnngg way on my walk home, I got absolutely soaked but after an hour I felt sane enough to go home.

At stupid am I remembered that I hadn't put my walking shoes in the hot room to dry out, just passed them now and they still smell of boy dog who has been gone for over a year now.

So starting off another day feeling negatively emotionally and I'll bet sally sunshine will nab me for one of her patent "uplifting chats" 🤮🤮

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've the week after next off and I want to book a holiday but I've applied for a few jobs. Don't want to put money down in case I get an interview.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't know why people do this on public transport, but they come onto bus and sit in the outside seat, they don't even have a bag on the other seat. Why? Someone mentioned a rant thread earlier, there is a forum dedicated to ranting but it seems to get far less traffic than this thread and you should contact one of the AH Mods to get access to it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

I thought it strange that there wasn't a rant forum. I don't know why all the secrecy. It should be easier to access for a casual user.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I know the death of Sinead O'connor is very sad but you'd think the way people on social media are going on about being in tears, the worst day ever etc, that they knew her personally and spoke to her every day !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Agree.

You shouldn't have to request access to ANY forums. Complete b*llshit rule.

So how do you request access? That's ridiculous.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You ask the mods. And no, it's not ridiculous and it's the same for more than one forum. For one thing, it stops lurkers and re-reg trolls; for another it allows for more privacy.

• Advertisement

Don't understand any of that. Which mod do you ask and where is it? You'd need to be a heavy regular poster to know what's going on here. Same with the way bans are dealt with.

Am fed up with things not explained properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

that is very annoying. Same happened to me a few weeks ago. I’ turned to the person looked straight at them and and in a very loud voice asked “are you looking for a jockey back” he didn’t know where to look and quickly backed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I may have mentioned this before, but people who tell me how to eat steak . Living , I want my steaks eating grass . On my plate well cooked . Just F-off with your faux culinary expertise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Idiots driving up my hole. Pointless & dangerous. Plus it only serves for me to slow right down so you'll get there even later again. Fools

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Just back home but tonight, It wouldn't be for me but farting at or near the bar! For **** sake! I don't know whether it's a man or a woman but **** try and control yourselfs. I was near the bar and smelled it but also did the guys next to me so we all had a quick chatting about something so putrid.I think we all did that to discount eachother 😂 but i must say that there's some animals out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That's one of the things that was mentioned with the smoking ban, that you could now smell the farts.

Bars, elevators and buses are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I'll tell you one thing. I'd take the smell of ciggarettes over that anyday! I was nearling retching and all! hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

At least your clothes don't smell of farts the next morning.

Imagine that 😆

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think my boss fancies him. She was on about how cute he was because he brought in a bag load of bread on his first day. So long as they keep it to themselves, it's no skin off my nose.

Anyway, there was some construction work going on near me. I see an Irish name above the front and it turns out to be a new Irish-owned café. Sadly, they're closed when I'm home. Today, I popped in. I was the only customer and they couldn't have given less of a sh*te. They'd no proper menus, no biscuits, cakes or the like. They had Barry's Tea which is the sole nice thing I've to say about the place.

Admittedly, I can get the same treatment from the coffee shop chains (heck, they're usually a bit friendlier) but then I'd expect that in any case. Poor show.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is I’ve mislaid my only pair of reading glasses that work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Treadmill was purchased 18 months or so ago… I noticed now that there was a piece of plastic about 18x10 inches lying on the floor beside it which wasn’t there two days ago when I last used it…

turns out it is the cowling/cover from the end of one of the legs.

I paid around 1,400-1,500 including delivery and installation from memory. It’s a pretty decent home model. So that there would be screws not inserted correctly or just forgotten to be installed and a piece loose at this point is a bit 😑. Considering the twats were so absolutely anal about covid and this paperwork that paperwork etc,, me signing stuff, only one point of contact during installation …. They were obviously in a bit of a hurry and it did surprise me how quickly they got done and exited but while I was happy with the product….the people 😵‍💫. There was 3 so just maybe they’d be bothered doing a secondary verification check on each others work…no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,292 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dublin Airport passport check bug's me esp if you're under pressure on time for busses etc

Always curious do famous people flying into Dublin get in done in that 'private terminal' ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Bad manners whether in real life or online. 🙄

As my granny used to say good manners cost nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've got this song stuck in my head!

I'm very annoyed about a trivial thing, spend over an hour looking at Excel trying to figure out how they calculated the interest figure on display in the examples.

As this po'ed me all night so I had another look this am and did some calculations to see if I could figure it out.

Another precious weekend hour gone before I saw the figure was already in the calculation box AND I had been comparing it all with the wrong data.

So much for my eye for detail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Those horrible toilet roll dispensers, the ones that feed the paper through an opening the size of a gnat's bumhole and you never get more than 2 or 3 sheets out before it breaks and the paper is twisted really tightly so its like trying to wipe yourself with short bits of cord.

The bog roll itself is the cheapest single ply industrial grade rubbish.

🙄 ppl explaining gaa to me and talking 'knowledgeably' about the croke pk area!

Dude, I worked in sports for decades on and off and accidentally lived within parking distance of various stadia for years.

STFU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The bouncer at the pub near my flat is a whistler. Every night he is on, he stands outside whistling (very loudly and very tunelessly) along to the songs playing inside. It's starting to drive me slightly mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The local church are fundraising to get the roof replaced . It’s about 35 years since it was built and there is water apparently coming in through the roof on top of the people when it rains..

it was built by the local parishioners via a land deal and cost the diocese nothing.. and 35 years later the parish are asking for 110,000 for a new roof and the Bishop or Archbishop … “ sorry, no can do “…..you’ll need to fundraise yourselves…

it’s amazing what money the church as a greater organization gifts away to help ‘others’ yet repeatedly come cap in hand to its own time after time..when they need something…. my Dad who wouldn’t exactly be a pauper says to the mother…. “ will we throw them a couple of grand ? “… the reply is firmly in the negative. They throw them a fair few bob in collections and what not weekly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement