Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I completely missed the All-Ireland final today

• Registered Users Posts: 38,292 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not sure why but some South American people get on my nerves a bit

Pretty rude, obnoxious and for some reason a lot are superfans for acts like U2, Morrissey, Metallica etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I just applied for a job in Dresden, Saxony. I had a look at their rental market and found an unfurnished studio available for €185.00 a month.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sounds too good to be true... Does the telly tell you to go towards the light? Is the fridge particularly spacious and with some unpleasant guests living in it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Studio with plaster that's a bit "crumbly". Like, not a dream apartment by any stretch but easily inhabitable.

TA because cost of living elsewhere. Dresden's like Germany's Belfast so there's that.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In fairness, fair play for finding it, I'd say there aren't that many going for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I kept getting spam phone calls from random 086 and 087 numbers earlier. It's been getting worse since I switched to Gomo. I just turned on the spam/scam alert on my phone to try curtail it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I bought an animal bar and both squares were Iggy the Iguana.

I feel hollow inside.

• Advertisement

It's the cheapest thing I saw but there's plenty going for a lot less than you'd pay in Ireland or here in the UK, hence the TA.

https://rentola.de/en/for-rent?location=dresden&order=rent_asc

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

The church gifts nothing - any money going on overseas missions etc are donations from parishioners. Let the damn thing leak and fall asunder - a perfect metaphor for the Catholic Church in Ireland. Let them rot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Round here, one of the 3 churches nearby (built I guess around late 70s, early 80s) was closed 'cos it was deemed to have needed too much in the way of structural repairs. Interestingly/amusingly, (to me, at least) just a few months prior, its Christmas pamphlet said it welcomed everyone (I can't remember the wording, but inferred gay people).

It is what it's.

Today my TA is never remembering what I'd thought of adding here by the time I've gone back onto boards.

It is what it's.

Words like shīt are starred out or blocked for modesty, yet the absolute crap that some people spout remains unfiltered.

It is what it's.

Dettol Liquid disinfectant now smells like Jeyes Fluid, turns my stomach 🤢

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That businesses and the manner in which they advertise are basically subject to no enforceable or enforced regulations, laws or standards…

just got an email from a mobile phone / tech manufacturer..not a retailer, the manufacturer…

the title of the email is….

’ last chance to claim a free pair of Galaxy Buds2 Pro ‘….the email is legit.

do I enter a competition, do I sign up to a social media thing, do I share something on Facebook or….?. no I need to spend about 2 grand.

As on opening the email you find can only claim them if you order a new Galaxy Fold or Flip phone… so basically nothing free, just you get a ‘deal’ where for about 2 grand, a fixed price you get a phone and Galaxy Buds2 Pros… free my hole…

Like a company advertising a free service for your car, you open the email…. ‘When you spend xx,xxx on a new xxxx xxx car’….

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Young people taking up smoking cos it's now cool and all the young celebs are at it. Utter donuts.

Come back to us in 10-15 years with your tired features and a hacking cough like a Morris Minor attempting to start. Won't be so cool then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

People speaking real loudly when theres no need. Just turn the volume down.

• Advertisement

I put on a wash , on a wash and spin cycle in my washing machine . It’s still going and i can hear water in it . Surely it should be in the drying phase by now !

Also English people who call people named Deirdre ? Dear dree . Stop butchering Irish names . Soccer player Kevin Moran is not Kevin, more ann

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Having to scale post-holiday Mt. Laundry.

You’ll be glad to know it pissed rain while you were in sunny Mexico 😬

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

When I want to buy a thing from Done Deal or Facebook Marketplace and there's basically just a photo. No description, size or measurements.

And no price ! Why ? Is it a secret ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

People using the term nothing burger.

Buy NOTHING from Facebook. In my experience they’re full of scam ads . Either it’s not as advertised or you don’t get anything

Sorry to quote myself , but I put it on at 4 o’clock and it’s still going 😡😡

From now on I’ll bring them out to mammy 😡😡

@cj maxx I honestly would much rather buy brand new but given my state of genteel poverty, second hand it has to be.

I do promise though that I exercise extreme caution on every prospective purchase and no cash changes hands until the item has been fully examined and found to be kosher.

I’ve bought stuff off Facebook , and never once was it as advertised. By the time I got it i had paid and received it and no amount of mailing Facebook got any reply or refund . Actually the refund would have cost me money as I had to pay shipping. Once bitten , twice shy !

if you’re buying 2nd hand is Ebay not a better option ?

• Advertisement

@cj maxx I did use ebay much more when I lived in the uk but the last order I got from ebay I got charged 53 euro tax because of Brexit so I'm a bit hesitant now.

I do agree there are multiple scam artists online but the stuff I buy I only source relatively local so I can see it before I pay up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement