Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve moved to the north, so shipping etc is cheaper. Still , anything I actually need id buy locally. While I buy alot online , for big outlays id buy locally .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

TAed that there's nearly twice as many posts in the Things dat Trivyully Annoy You thread as there are in the Trivial things that make you happy thread. And I'e just added another 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Reminds me of the time a mate bought a brand new Mini Cooper. I asked her if she was able to haggle much off the price. "No, they gave me a free can of dashboard spray polish and a soft cloth, I would've felt bad asking for a discount as well". 🤦🏻‍♂️

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'm absolutely CONVINCED that manufacturers build crapness into appliances so they can slap an 🌱Eco🌳 label and associated button on which merely removes the delays they've programmed into the various cycles. I massively regretted getting my landlord to replace a 10-year old washer-dryer when it sounded like the bearings were going to go on the motor. I should've waited 'til it feckin' exploded 'cos it Just Worked™️.

It is what it's.

Probably. Things are not built to be fixed, like years ago . They’re built to last 6 or 7 years and replaced

• Advertisement

Oh Brazillian people are the worst . By a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I wonder who's bright idea it was in Bus Eireann to buy those new fleet of single decker Volvo buses. They're way too small for purpose. On the 101 bus route I'm seeing passengers regularly getting stranded at Balrothery and along the Swords bypass. This is because the bus is already full to capacity by the time it reaches the bus stops along those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you know it isnt your day when you go to pour milk into your coffee and miss the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,497 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The annual moan about back to school costs.

Heard it 3 times already on rte radio today. At this stage, it's just filler content, year after year.

Will be listening to it now on CB show, LiveLine etc until Sept.

And the figures are hyped up beyond belief. Its average of over €900 to send a child to secondary school, and €350+ to send primary kids back.

Now that means last year my back to school bill would have been approx €1600.

It was nowhere near that, not even near half the cost. But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a great story.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who put up ads with "PM for price".

Is the price a state secret?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've had a twitchy eyeball now since last Friday. Very annoying. And definitely a brain tumor. But I should probably go get my eyes checked out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Replacing the fridge freezer at as the fridge bit is kaput. The people installing the old one however routed the power cable and plug to a socket behind a load of fitted base cabinets when the place was built…

fućking muppets. Did it ever occur to them, that before the place falls down, a new fridge freezer will be required, and people will need to access the plug to remove the fridge freezer ? I sincerely doubt they were that thick, just not enough of a fück given… get it delivered, installed, get paid and get outta here. Such is modern Ireland though… useless fücktards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

As usual, my go-to medical advice is - when in doubt, amputate, better safe than sorry.*

(*Disclaimer: Not ACTUAL medical advice)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Or when they put not for the fainthearted when they are selling a car or bike they think is powerful.

So let's say I turn up with a wad of cash and say to them " I've just realised the ad says not for the fainthearted and I've a faint heart, does this mean I can't buy it?" 🙊

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feck, was fierce close to issuing a warning. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,050 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Or when you go to get milk for a hard won cuppa after getting soaked coming home and the milk is gone 😔

Me.. Now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just had a a shower there using new Radox Mood boosting fragrance and haven't noticed even the slightest shift in my mood let alone a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got eaten alive on my last night on holidays and I'm pretty sure three of them are infected. I look like I've been shot in both calves.

And before CJ Maxx gets in there, yes it was in Mexico and it was while we were watching turtles on the beach 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 13,050 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Sudocrem dollop going to bed ...not medical advice, I use it for everything 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My TA is the ads on the walkway to the 'ryanair' gates in Dublin Airport. Beautiful scenes of old Irish mythical people and stories like Brigid, Queen Maebh,etc. And a fcuking skoda octavia lounging around in the background. I know they commissioned them as ads, but still!!

• Advertisement

I only knew it was Mexico cos you said it . I hope yas had a great time , midges / mosquitoes apart 😬 and anyway it’s probably not as bad as cutting turf on the mountain. The f-ers ate me

TA is trying to find the TV forum . I need to ask a question about casting to tv from phone. The search function doesn’t work

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Yeah they drive me mental. It is no where near that expensive. I have no idea how they get the figures unless they are pricing designer bags and uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

On the intranet, I asked a question about how to drink a specific herb(I hate it but it's my only option in this sit)

solutions offered, so far

"It's beautiful tossed in breadcrumbs and you could snack on it during the day".

"Have you tried X, it's a big help"

"Mix it with other herbs and put it in a salad"

Situations like this annoyed me out of all proportion to its importance.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So the new fridge freezer arrived, very happy with it. However on enquiring at the point of purchase as to what happens with the old fridge freezer , “ no we no longer remove old appliances for disposal “

it’s reasonable to expect that something as large as an old fridge freezer, a high percentage of residential customers don’t have the ability to remove, cut up and dispose of one … that’s just common sense…. And by virtue of the fact for years, business that did deliver oversized electrical household items would also take old ones away, because it was part of the service and common sense that a person cannot facilitate having two huge household appliances hanging around like fridge freezers inside a kitchen at their residence.

it seems more and more businesses are going the way of offering as little as possible in terms of service to clients while still demanding top dollar for services and products….

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A TA of mine also.

People don't read something properly, before rushing in with an answer.

Saw one recently - Any hairdressers open on bank holiday Monday?

They all list in reply, their own hairdressers, all of whom are most likely closed. 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Are they not obliged to take old appliance when you buy new ? Was there not a Vemc on new appliance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I thought so too ...is there not a built in charge for that very purpose?

If I had the means I'd be loading the freezer up and plonking it at their entrance door*.

*I do realise that this is probably not in anyway a possibility, but still 😂

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement