Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

We have a plastic drainer insert in ours .....it's where our sponges and brush go to die 😂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Veggies, when you wash them? I agree, I much prefer the full double sink, at least both sides are of some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Intending to enjoy a pastry or doughnut with a cuppa. Only to scoff the entire thing before I've touched the cup. Every. Single. Time. 🐷

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Veg peeling into the strainer insert, then just lift out and tip into your compost bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's a rinsing sink. Soapy water in the big part, clean water in that one. Dunk your dishes in it as you're done washing them, plonk them into the draining rack and leave to air dry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But why is the drainer almost always on the other side?

That sink in the picture had no monoblock tap hole. You drill it (hole bit supplied) between the two sinks, (or into the countertop if it's an island), so you can have left hand or right hand drainer, as that sink was symmetrical, but drainer is usually always next to the bigger sink. No doubt someone will post a picture of the opposite. But this has f-all to do with things that annoy you, unless you want to include DIY disasters. Now there's a bottomless angst topic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pfft, yiz all need a smart sink https://www.instagram.com/p/CuhIvwEpKFk/

(Jayzuss, how much feckin' water are they wasting with that every day??)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That Are we human or are we dancer song by The Killers. Played to death 200 times a day on every Irish mainstream radio station since it's release. It's impossible to get away from it.

As a matter of fact, I think the playing of radio should be banned in public places and public transport. It's inflicting noise on people against their will, and it seems to be endemic in this country for some reason.

Post edited by Sgt Hartman on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Spam / scam emails . This time from Boots . I’ve won a prize for filling out their survey , and now I just have pay the €3 post with my card details. Fukc off

I've given up on broadcast radio altogether (the paid-for-promotion music, gawdawful sh!t DJs bang on about and their guffaw guffaw stupid conversations) and been streaming (Tunein, OnlineRadioBox, Radio.net) Takes a while to find a decent station but now I feel lost without it.

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Here's a TA, was looking forward to a pint now my work week is done but Mrs G made such a nice dinner I don't think I've room for one.

That’s why , if wanted a pint , id always go for one before dinner. My father’s the same . Wouldn’t think of a drink after dinner

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Could hardly turn down a dinner I was woken up for!

Back to TA my pain levels are stupid today. Think raw burnt skin being massaged by a pot scrub level. Perhaps beyond TA but I don't like to admit it

My infected mosquito bites have obviously done a number on my immune system because I woke up this morning with a mouthful of coldsores and a sore throat. Have the final round of a job interview tomorrow, which is a presentation and I'm going to be a) miserable and b) a horror show at it 😭

Yikes 😡😡 sounds painful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA today is the Taoiseach and President attending a funeral, probably never met her. Does that mean they’ll be coming to mine in due course? I don’t pay you for photo ops - get back to the office and do something useful

The same people she couldn’t give a shite about, but hey a photo op

• Advertisement

Nope. Have been in this process since June, I can't have it dragged out any longer.

A couple of hot whiskies and bed . It tends to work for me 🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bought a couple of chocolate bars on my way to the parents to enjoy with their late cuppa….Next time I’m going to have to bring a fûcking magnifying glass to see them, (the chocolate not the parents..) bars are now minuscule.

one a bar of galaxy the other a fry’s chocolate cream….it’s apparently as discussed elsewhere on boards…rife in all chocolate manufacturing. Tiny…. Shrinkflation ! 🙄

in addition, whatever individual was stocking said shelf put way too many bars on it and about 5 hit the deck as I tried to carefully remove one, I pick up a couple but I can’t be arsed reaching under the shelf on the floor…. Stocking a shelf isn’t rocket science. Neither is supervising your staff…

You’re right , im sick of Today fm and Newstalk and their Cash machines . The same crap on both stations. I’m nearly thinking of tuning in to Northern Sound 🥵

Double price increases to make them look less like a ripoff, by leaving a gap of a month or so between. Example. The breakfast Toasties and beverage deal in McDonalds jumped from €3 to €3.50, 16.5% increase. A few weeks later it jumped to €4. Thats a 33% increase in total, way above inflation. Mini McFlurry seems to have jumped three times in a year or so, 1.80 to 1.95 to 2.10 to 2.40. It's like they hike it up, wait to see if sales drop, if not, repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Oatfield Orange chocolates. There no f*cking chocolate in them and they are tiny now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The stupid Leap card reader on the bus this morning kept saying "Product Expired" despite the fact my ticket doesn't expire until 31st August. To make things even more stressful and embarrassing my poxy phone NFC wouldn't read my Leap card through the app. Thankfully the driver left me away with it, and eventually I managed to retrieve my Leap card balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Radio stations in general & their repeated sh¡té day after day. 98fm particularly bad and they talk over/end every single song about 20 seconds early

You don't remember the 70s, when the entire popular music daily broadcast in Ireland was Larry Gogan's very short, 20 minute?, sponsored program, where only the first verse of a pop song was played before Larry talked over it and went to the sponsors ads. It was soul destroying if you were young, you had to wait till evening when Radio Luxembourg went on the air, and could be received once the ether 'shifted' after sunset to enhance Medium Wave propagation from there. Or you could listen to maudlin 100 year old chamber music and diddley eye on Radio Eireann.

• Advertisement

I used to think that about many products, but I have to admit it's partly the goods getting smaller, and mostly me getting larger. 🍰🍬

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement