Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Similar happened me recently when I couldn't update an expired debit card on the app. Bus driver said he'd let me off if I told him a joke 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My youngest is absolutely petrified of dogs, will screech and cling to you if a dog comes near them, even puppies. I've no idea why just the way they are wired.

We've tried introducing them to dogs but they won't have anything to do with it.

They have a "you stay in your space and I'll stay in mine" relationship with the dogs that are brought on the school run (despite the school asking repeatedly not to bring dogs but that's another story)

Anyway in the park the other day and I was talking to a woman I know, who had her dog with her. She knows the score and always keeps the dog behind her. My little one asks if they could pet the dog, which they did and loved it. Absolutely delighted with themselves. We obviously showered them in praise thinking thank F*CK they are turning the corner.

Brought them to the playground yesterday, there's kinda a designated play area for kids in the park outside the playground railings. They are having a great time until two dogs off their leads come barreling towards them. They absolutely lose the plot and we're back miles behind square one.

Of course the owner is like "oh they are super friendly they wouldn't hurt you" shyte......

It's an area designated for kids , there's signs up for dogs to be on a lead, just follow the feckin rules and don't be making out it's the child's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

The problem is, if 1 in 1,000 people fall for it and give their details, it makes the scammers' efforts worthwhile 🤦🏻‍♂️

It is what it's.

Nope, you're wrong, it's only the products getting smaller. I've had to go up a Penneys t-shirt size since lockdown 'cos they've CLEARLY changed the cut of them.

😬

It is what it's.

Weren't basic hamburgers €1 as a Eurosaver? They now seem to be €1.90

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

No name county councillors squeezing in behind Government ministers when they are interviewed at events around the country for small reports on the news. Absolute apes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who multiply weekly amounts by four to calculate a monthly rate.

Knowing there's a price mistake in a certain place that I use occasionally and not being able to share it 'cos some twat'll take the absolute piss and bring attention to it.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Cant say about Leo, but the president mentioned in his condolence message to the family that he and sinead knew each other.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Shop staff not having the slightest idea of how to do a simple exchange of a faulty product.

Some do a straight swap without going through the till, so head office and the manufacturer never know there's been a problem with something, or what the problem was.

Some refund and re-take, so whatever discount applied at the time is lost (as happened yesterday, so now I've got a receipt for a 50 quid device which is actually made up of two different products to make up that value). Surely a price override would've been appropriate, even if head office questions it??

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

Over the bank hol, I buttoned down to revise a skill I once had but was getting rusty as it takes me so much time to learn the new ones needed alongside this one.

Laid out a plan, worked to it and got it finished, except for the new info which I can do as part of my day-to-day revision.

My plan was to start the new and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder prog, yes so I will be finished for sept, I'm an absolute wreck and can't stand the sight of the computer or learning material (which is good and understandable for a change)

I know that if I push it now, my dyslexia will just make it a nightmare and then I'll have to fight with fear as well, but in the meantime, tick tock!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having to fight with a cs bot that doesn't understand what dyslexia means and keeps referring me to a 1,000-post thread to read for one piece of info.

Another ta on this, humans who don't know what various sld's are but don't look them up to get an idea or ask ahead of time and then get themselves and other ppl in trouble because of it.

*I well understand ppl can't keep up with all the variations of sld's, but once they know they will be working with it surely google is the way to go over ignoring it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still fighting pain today. So tiring and motivation to do anything is zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I take blood pressure tablets with a 6-month prescription, collecting one month's supply each time, and my old pharmacy used to get a box of standard 28 tablets and add 2 or 3 extra, depending on the month. Perfect.

That pharmacy has now closed down, and the two others that I tried just give me the basic 28 pack to do me for the month, meaning that my six-month/182-day prescription only does me for 168 days.

Trivial but annoying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Combined contraceptive pills are even worse. 21 in a pack to allow for the withdrawal week that was basically built in to appease objectors, but there's no need to actually take if you don't want to. I run packs together so my 6 month prescription actually only lasts me 18 weeks 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Tesco and their stupid clubcard pricing model. I don't have one and I don't want one. What i do want is to have the price properly displayed.

Went into a tesco yesterday for some bits, and of the things i saw which had a clubcard only price, about half of them didnt display the non clubcard price.

Are you meant to just guess how much stuff is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Not trivial if they add 6 prescription charges per monthly box instead of one for the 6 month single prescription. They're claiming low stocks of pharma products. I just paid for my full 6 months scrip, then said I'd drop in over time and collect the already pad for 5 boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 38,291 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Podcast audio levels

Newstalk one of the worst for it, presenter/adverts are too loud and then the guest on the phone is bloody too low and muffled

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I wouldn't force the issue. Some people don't like dogs invading their space and will only deal with them on their terms. It could be barking or a dog running at the child that set it off.

I'm not a dog person and would be alot like him I don't trust them, and I don't want them near me unless on my strick terms. Bad owners are probably the root of my dislike of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Oh we are absolutely not forcing the issue at all.

There's a couple of parents in our circle that have dogs , so they'd be familiar with the dog and it's still a firm no.

That's why I couldn't believe it when they suddenly asked if they could pet this particular dog ...so we thought they were coming out of their shell so to speak.

Dogs off lead or on those stretchy leads are the bane of my life as the child is genuinely terrified. Nothing else phases the child but dogs are a firm no.

PaddyPower ads. Real “craic with the lads” cringe-inducing stuff from a company that trades on human misery. Ban all gambling advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Especially during soccer games . If it’s not PP its Skybet , with a disclaimer, if gambling is a problem contact www . Whatever. Stop sponsoring on soccer shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Bill in the door from Uisce Eireann on the 8th of August, due date... 8th of August. Well I might as well not rush to pay it - sure it's already overdue....

I always hit the wrong button on my remote control , so instead of bringing me to planner it changes the source. And I have to go through the menu again . It’s very trivial but it bugs me that I keep repeating the same thing .

I keep meaning to put 3€ on my palpal account and see if that fixes it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Super food, ( gigantic delicious burger ) super comfort, super company and super service in a local-ish pub…

but the small TA…in pubs when you order a coke / soft drink and you get given those tiny miniature mixer bottles either 200/250 ml… one…..and get charged around 3.20-3.50 for it.

Anywhere serving food, be it pub or otherwise, you order a soft drink with a meal it should be 500 ml bottle not 200/250 ml you get served… you are having a meal. I’ve no issues being charged but gimmie something substantial to enjoy with my food and wash my food down, thanks ….

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The one that has lads "running amuck" in GAA . Tedious as fcuk, can't even remember what it's for so that's an advertising fail

Not a ta but a th , reading the thread reminded me to take my tablets.

carry on 😷

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The sound some ev's cars make, it's a high putched horrible whiney noise that is far more annoying than the standard sound of a petrol or diesel engine.

There are still a few around that don't make any sound at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement