Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yes, was talking to someone about how he spent a day sorting out 40 quid for working from home tax relief 😁

Luxury toilet paper.

Does the same thing as cheap toilet paper.

More resource intensive.

More expensive.

Blocks your sewage.

Has pictures of puppies and kittens on the cover.

FFS

People who do not realise that sentence b following sentence a have the same context.

Me: The weather is really nice today. Wonder what it will be like tomorrow.

Other person: what will what be like tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The shop again, people again, , this thread again 😅

self service tills… I can use them I like em when just buying one or two incidentals, I’m there tonight, procuring my usual cokes , a couple about 20 years old pull up beside me with a pram, they evidently have a little difficulty getting their self service checkout thing to work for them… no bother but they park the pram right at my back, a foot behind me… they are at the till to my right, there is a man scanning several items to my left on his machine… so I’m surrounded on all sides…. The inconvenience lasts maybe 60 seconds from when I try to walk away but the serious lack of courtesy, respect / self awareness that there are other people going about their daily lives and do not want / deserve to be put in danger or inconvenienced by you parking a big fûck off baby utility vehicle inches behind their backs..

common sense : one parent wait outside / to the side, the other does the scanning / paying, difficult ? it really shouldn’t be.

P E O P L E…..sort your fückin selves out ! Cheers. 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,094 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ah self service tills . I had a great racket, where I would scan a 4pack of beer but do it so only 1 bottle scanned. Good times 😷

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was in Vienna last week. Cracking city, beautiful, tons to do, everyone speaks English and rich with art and history.

That said, every single place to eat or drink was table service. There was nowhere I could go (except Starbucks or McDonald's) to just get a drink and relax. I had to sit down, wait for a waiter, order, repeat as necessary and then summon one to get the check. This was the pattern in every museum, castle and zoo eatery and it got very old very quickly.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well now I have earworm....thanks very much 😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh, not ideal, is there no ordinary kind of bars there? Place I definitely want to go

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Bars, probably. I was sick for much of it (another TA) so I never really looked.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That a certain multinational discount chemist / pharmacy business over 3 years since opening here… STILL don’t have a fully integrated and informative website…

all they have is a list of a few dozen back to school deals courtesy of a back to schools catalog which you can view for those deals only…and contact details for stores…

The in person shopping experience is excellent, both prices and stock in fact hundreds of products in store but no way to see them, search them, buy or reserve them online ….

but just some ways of confirming what they have might be nice… 350 worldwide locations, over 8000 employees, websites in other countries etc

My local chipper’s website, family ran, 1 location but their website is 3000% better. See menu, prices, order and deliver…

• Advertisement

Yes, this means nothing to me, Oh, Vienna. 😁

Dog barking continuously next door driving me nuts. Owners seem oblivious. STFU ! 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Saw a Boards thread yesterday that was titled something like "People who put your name in lower case"

Hadn't time to read it then.

Went looking today - search function is rubbish so can't find it. Anyone remember it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I find those "comedians" or people who record themselves doing monologues with or without exagerated expressions look like total twats and idiots. For some reason they uaully have the recording device too close to their faces. I usually don't find them funny in the first place but seeing them muted makes them look even more ridiculous. I always have my computer on hearphones and only wear them when watching something, so it's nearly a daily thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

I remember reading that, either yesterday or today. I thought it was part of this thread actually, but apparently not. I can't find it either now, with a Boards search or Google search or in my own History. There was at least one reply also, as the original poster put "facebook" in lower case and someone commented on that.

I actually think that was my first 78 vinyl....or else Alice Cooper poison....bought in a sale of work 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Bus turns up twenty minutes late this morning. To make things worse I'm stuck sitting beside some fella playing God awful dance music through the cheapest, shittiest headphones imaginable. A great start to the day 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Virgin Media . You phone and wait for three hours for them to answer and then its like talking to a brick wall .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭deezell

I recall way back trying to cancel a €20 two month trial of sky sport, when I discovered they had activated the full price sports subscription standing order within a few weeks of the trial. I went round in circles trying to cancel and get the full sub standing order refunded. I ended up with the same person three times, each time he gloated that he only dealt with new business or account closures. On the third visit I called his bluff. I closed my entire subscription. He panicked, but I refused to budge. What I didn't know, was that the old sky box and dish, which were mine after years of sub, continued to provide all the free to air sat channels, only RTE disappeared and that was about to go digital in a year at the time.

I gave Eir the same treatment when I got tired of talking to numpties in Calcutta who's stock response to data overbilling was to try and sell me data upgrades. Bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Frightening to see how many stupid people there are in this country last night !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I got this job, btw!

Absolutely not a TA, obvs, just wanted to let yis know 😃

Ah I'm delighted for you.

Getting back into the swing of things will be a shock and a trivial annoyance 😂🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Congratulations on getting the job. You must have impressed at the interview, despite feeling so ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was nearly hit by a car cycling home from work yesterday. That could have been more than trivial. The trivially annoying bit is that afterwards, I was wondering if I was in the wrong. (I'm sure I wasn't.)

There was a major tailback on the road I was coming along, approaching the main road through the town and as I reached the lights, they went green for me. I continued but when I was in the middle of the road, an aul wan in a people transporter was coming towards me. She broke the lights so late, she nearly hit my back wheel, rather than the front.

The only reason I doubted myself is that the cars going in my direction didn't react as quickly as me, and this also happened 300 metres from the McDonald's that burnt down, so the road had been temporarily closed, but the traffic lights were operating and there weren't any Gardaí there, right? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

TA is that I'm starting on Monday. Was totally hoping for another week off 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 38,390 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Rugby world cup draw

One of Australia, Wales and England could potentially crawl into a final while ourselves, France, South Africa and Scotland are battling it out on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Eir "customer "service""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

@Dial Hard congratulations on the job .

My TA is checking that my Chase application was in 2021 . I guess I’m not going to win money 😡 or have an excuse to take the car to England

I signed up to eir years ago and when i rang them they had no record of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Have a friend staying who has to be on their phone every 5 minutes because of their "followers" on TicToc!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement