Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

News articles no longer precise and to the point. You have to try and figure out yourself what actually happened and even then the likelyhood of succeeding is low. Example. - Today is a fine example Young man killed in Dundalk car crash involving 2 e-scooters. The way it is worded on many of the sites you would think it was some other person other than those in the car or on the scooters. Rte at least say which one was killed. The likes of Joe, xtra and many of the ...live news sites are probably the worst for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Someone using a chainsaw on a Sunday night. FFS. Maybe someone using storm betty as an excuse to clear a load of trees getting in the the way of their property empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was a petrol station/take-away Today that was under renovation.

The toilets were in portacabins outside.

When I entered there was a teenager looking sheepish.

Then I noticed that the tap was running and the taps were broken off.

I then told somebody working in the take-away.

I don't know if I'm annoyed with the teenager or myself for acting like an old fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My about 2000 cc motorcycle driving neighbour… still haven’t figured out if he’s delivering food or drugs but as usual on a Sunday as another night or two at around 9pm he is just starting whizzing from his home.. back 10-15-20 , out again and back…repeat till the early hours…. A monster thing like this for delivering a takeaway or drugs… oddball human in every regard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Strange take on e-scooters. I am all for making them safer etc but why would they be banned? Are you saying if a mode of transport is involved in a lot of accidents then we should ban that mode of transport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

They should be banned until laws are in place for them . They are a danger now on roads and paths .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Irish media fascination with a dated, glorified beauty pageant in a shít Kerry town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

FFs to the cute Kerry h**e who thought it up though, as a means of filling empty tourist beds, empty from mid August back in them days. They could hold it November now, as they're coining it full time almost with bloated prices and the refugee cash cow, and everywhere, not just Kerry, boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

How can you make them safer? The horse has bolted now, no training, no age limit, no helmet required etc.

Kids flying around with no concept of traffic, adults coming off footpaths onto roads without checking for traffic to get past pedestrians on footpaths, some wearing all black at night etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have to get my new tablet up and running, all of my family have the wrong form of dyslexia to see the spaces or capitals in the house bb password, and all of our youngsters are either gone or working 24/7 to pull together the money to travel on so I do not want to ask them to help and take away from their precious little downtime.

Work guru who takes care of this kind of thing internally told me to courier it to him with the password and he'll sort it (from inner london???!!!!) local computer shop said much the same thing. Going on the assumption that neither of these works as they are not in my house and therefore giving them the tablet and bb password is pointless. I try again.

I call a local business that I've used before for things like this and they can send someone out b4 the end of the week 😀 and the call out fee is 69€, obv I knew there would be a fee but I didn't think it was this much esp as the table is midrange.

So many ta's over a 10-inch tablet.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That wasn't the point I made. Are you saying that dangerous modes of transport should be banned?

Are scooters more dangerous than cars/motorcycles/electric bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Trying to get to the beach all summer, between weather, water restrictions etc finally got there today.

Sitting down kids making a sand castle the usual beach activities.

Not one but 4 dogs off lead come charging over. Kids start screaming, settle them down. 5 minutes later another dog comes charging over....that was the end of our beach day.

Not to mention the poo on the walkways.

Thank you ignorant dog owners for spoiling a nice morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Escooters are my TA. Mine.

You don't have to agree with me, but I thought we weren't to question or comment on other poster's TAs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

My TA is that it took me many re-reads before I understood the message being conveyed in the post.

The missing t from the first reference to tablet and being sick meant that I was wondering why someone would want the broadband password for a table....

Does the table have a computer in it? Fairly expensive to transport to UK for repair...etc

FYI, if your router has a WPS button it can be used to connect to the WiFi without needing to enter the password. Press the WPS button and connect to wifi on tablet.

Thanks for pointing that out, I have edited it to be clearer now. Could have been much worse as I often invert r and t, ta, Monday am dyslexia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

There's a lovely little black furry dog that I normally see when taking my own little fella to the park. He's always just left to roam around the area without any supervision despite the fact that's there's a busy road nearby. Yesterday eve I passed the little guy out again l, this time he was accompanied by his owner who was a rough looking individual. He has his back turned to me while on his phone. His little dog ran over to mine and to two other dogs who were approaching with their owners. All I could hear behind me was the rough looking guy shouting "C'MEERE!! IF YE DON'T COME BACK I'LL GIVE YE A FOOKIN' BOOT IN THE HEAD!! I'd love to be able to adopt the little black dog just to get him away from that owner. Thankfully though the dog doesn't look as if he's mistreated but I was a bit shocked at his owner's behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Do you just need someone to correctly input the Broadband password. Is it possible to copy and paste?

Using the WPS button is easiest.

Ask the younger lot to help, it’ll take a few minutes. Reward with chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Are scooters more dangerous than cars/motorcycles/electric bikes?

No, not just more dangerous, they're fkn lethal. The people using them at full speed couldn't cycle 50m under their own effort, they have no concept of the forces involved at velocity, (Force = half your weight by speed squared). Hitting a bollard at even 30kmh does thirty six times the damage of walking into it at 5kmh. The latter will graze your shin, bruise your thigh, you'll limp for a week. The former will break your legs, pelvis, burst your organs and most likely split your skull open.

Waiting for someone who said they were ready an hour ago.

FFS

The statistics would disagree with your assertion

• Advertisement

That's it exactly, I used to be able to do it myself and that's why it's annoying now. The bb was set up when I arrived and no one knows how to see the password except for the written copy, WPS gives me an error message. Ah, the days when this crop could be "motivated" by chocolate.

Th, I have a baddddd feeling about this tablet as its just out of the box and there is a query on its welfare already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Could you take a picture of the wifi settings send them to a relative, they record themselves speaking the deatils and send the voice recording to you.

Cut myself shaving which I haven’t done in about 20 years… 🤌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Cafés and sandwich bars that call themselves restaurants. G'wan ourra that. If there's no table service and I can't have a proper drink, you're not a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

There's some sort of alarm/sound/car horn that sounds every weekday around 11am. It sounds like the car horn from a clown car. It drives me nuts that I can't figure out where it's coming from and I can't just go for a walk in the middle of the workday to try figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This poxy shoulder injury. Got a new record low of 3.5 hours sleep with it last night. I started a new job yesterday so being this wrecked isn't exactly ideal. Can't get a physio appointment til Monday.

I ended up just getting out of bed and coming downstairs at 4.30 this morning because I was going to drive my boyfriend mad with the tossing and turning. Just sat on the couch staring into the dark and almost crying with frustration.

Noisy bastard neighbours....another one !

There is a neighbour who gets home around 1.30 - 2.00 am... enters the property and the alarm goes off...every time so whoever is in there is sooo fearful of being burgled that they can't spend a couple of hours alone without their alarm on partguard. even if that means their neighbours get woken up as the alarm is instantly activated on their door opening...wherever the keypad is its somewhere at the back of the property as its taking about 40 seconds from the alarm being activated to getting switched off .. about 1900 decibels.. dead of night... another cùnt(s)

Taking on extra responsibility and costs when you definitely should have said definitely NO !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Breaking in new walking shoes/runners....oooh me insteps!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That’s it 9.30 and I’m completely bored. Wordle is done . Boards pretty much read . I’m still wide awake and I need something to occupy my mind. It used to be Lightening round on wwf but they canned it . I’d go to the pub if I could walk home 😡. So TA is being bored and boring 😡😡

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement