Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you know somebody like this

If you ask the question your nosey and if you don't you don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Have a wedding to go to today and I'm no more in the humour of getting ready for it. Currently lying on my bed in a tracksuit wondering if there's any way I can get away with not washing my hair.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tell them your GM syndrome has flared up

*General Malaise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Three calls were made to his personal mobile, and the same amount of doorbells were missed cause they didn't hear them but NO NO NO there is nothing wrong with their hearing.

Bonus ta when to their minds other ppl speak slovenly and someone else has to wade in to solve it all.

FFS get a hearing test.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

While I'm NO access expert, I think this is obvious to anyone who knows the prog. I sent a problem I had figuring out with the learning material.

I scanned all the information, showing the base info in the table, and how the relationship should work. As well as a photo of the error message I keep getting.

The first question back from the expert is "Do you want me to build the tables out"? well, how am I going to figure out how it all works if I don't have the correct info in the correct order?

It's a ten-line table, mostly repetitions.

Ta's ppl who don't read.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feck, just remembered i have to go to the bank..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Honestly I think I've lost my mind lol

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who live in the countryside who hate wildlife and nature.

People who can't identify different kinds of birds in the crow/corvid family in Ireland. And who haven't bothered their arse spending 5 minutes learning this information. In their entire life!

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I would "know" my birds and have an interest in them.

However the crow family never caught by imagination , always saw them as "bully" birds so wouldn't be able to identify them. They are all annoying to me.

Little finches, t*ts , some seabirds I'd have a fair idea about. Pretty little things 😍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Maybe because it doesn't interest them ?

My TA would be when people expect you find things fascinating just because they do

Ah, crows are beautiful and very intelligent. Jackdaws, Magpies, Jays, Rooks, Ravens. They can be a nuisance, but so can we. 😁

My point was ... 5 mins and you know this information for life. And you might begin to appreciate them a bit more.

Nope, with the exception of the Jay and magpie, they all look like they've escaped from the depths of Mordor 😂 evil spawn 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Every time I wake up my ‘to do’ list seems to have gained more stuff to do…..

And ultimately it’s growing at a rate quicker then I can get stuff sorted…..

one major roadblock is a certain government department whose website isn’t showing the information I need….when I emailed them I’m getting passed from Billy to Brenda neither of whom seem to have anything approaching a fücking clue as to how I need to proceed and what I need to do…. Giving me a link to the website which under my query heading, just has their email…

It's not that they are fascinating or interesting, it's that they have been here and with us for time immemorial and your entire lifetime. In winter, spring, summer, autumn.

Anyway, that's my TA. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Eastern Europeans, even town dwellers, would know more about nature and foraging than the average rural dweller here as they would have been introduced to it in school and in scouting type movements. Here there is such an ignorance about nature, wildlife and nature is looked upon as something to be controlled and killed if it's causing a problem.

I was hill walking with a friend once and he pointed out the erosion due to sheep overgrazing, I honestly never copped it before.

Birds, even the "ugly" ones all have a function. They only become annoying when we take their food sources from them or decimate the things that prey on them.

I just find it amazing for a traditionally rural country mostly , that people can't tell a rook from a jackdaw.

Even people in tiny villages.

They know who played for Manchester United in year X though 😁😁😁

I'm not saying the don't have a function. Just they can function away with my indifference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭growleaves

Er there are 'scouting type movements' in Ireland too.

Not everyone is braining badgers with a shovel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Didn't wash my hair, so that's a win. Thank you messy low bun tutorials on YouTube.

TA: how easy the people doing them make it look when it took me about 27 attempts. Probably would have been easier to just wash it, but fukkit.

I think many people here are indifferent and uninterested, they are only interested in new and shiny things, Love Island, gadgets and mac mansions, and say leave refuse out carelessly and then scratch their heads as to why these strange animals and birds pop out of nowhere to have a go at their bin bags and invade their homes. Do I use poison or get someone to shoot them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Archeron

Cucumber burps

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Because to me they all look the same and always sh1t on my car as soon as I wash it .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Needed to call my bank with a particular query relating to my debit card….. looked up the website for the number, this was about 7.15 pm

On finding it I’m reading…… ‘Card Operations 1800 123 456, Mon - Fri 9:00 – 17:00….’

so if you get stuck with a damaged card, card gets locked, card gets stolen etc or just need a word with a rep as I do, ….. 128 hours a week the debit AND credit card services people are not attainable…. Fûck sake you could be away on holiday, work trip etc… the fûcking window cleaner is more accessible…

20 years ago this bank they were at the forefront of customer services, customer technology and minimal bureaucracy and great in branch services and customer services, that too has gone to pot, this is the last straw though….. they are so far behind common sense, so given up any desire for providing a customer experience, be going elsewhere for banking.. bôllocks to them..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My TA is the armoured w*nkball fest in dublin this weekend, and the sloven begging of heaps of bars/restaurants/hotels to be "Notre Dame HQ" etc., so they can rinse them. Never seen such a big deal about this in previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

I love watching them figuring out how to open the flap on McDonald's bins to get the treasure. Dumb seagull just stands watching, with a Duh?? face on it, but ready to rob the goods.

I moved my everyday use card to the credit union, who seems to have a call-only service for all kinds of queries which I remember calling at 11 p.m. one night(so maybe 24 hours). All good except they seem to be based in Scotland and I just can't get my ears around that.

The horrible attitude of some cs in a certain public service who auto-assume that when a person says they can't do this or that mandatory(to the service) action bc they have a disability, they don't even try to disguise that they think customers trying to avoid paying their bills.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I hate applying for jobs. Seen one or two in the Netherlands and the company, based on a chat with someone I know working there, seems good. No idea whether or not I should apply.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement