Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who are not good with technology but who attempt to do things with technology past the scope of their know how and ability….thus potentially fûcking things up for others….

instead of just recognising their limitations and asking for help, advice or some oversight… especially when what they are trying to achieve isn’t fully necessary…just some fiddly idea that they got into their head that involved myself and my cousin spending about an hour trying to undo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

So back in the day ....right up to very recently.... having sex was seen as a sin, women had to be "churched" after giving birth.

Now this is my understanding, I might be wrong.. (it happens) ... Mary's mam did the bold thing but it wasn't considered sinful, hence the conception was immaculate...so Mary was all pure n stuff ready for the holy Ghost.

Then Mary ,didn't do the bold thing but rather some hocus pocus wizardry happened with the holy Ghost and hey presto a baby in her belly...hence a virgin giving birth 😂

Or something along those lines.....you'll probably get a more nuanced and respectful answer in the Christianity forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Her conception was done the old fashioned way but the sin was removed so that she could accommodate Jesus.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

My mam way back in the 50s refused to be 'Churched' anymore after her first born. She was still pissed off about it in the 70s. Quite a few women back then had a bit of bottle, but it was difficult, your kids would pay in the church run primary schools if you were outspoken, the nuns would see to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A three fold rant this eve

We're getting a new patio done so we have a skip at the front of the house for the garden rubbish. The mere sight of a skip however attracts complete scrotes who like to use it as an opportunity to sneakily dump their own sh!te for free. I've seen a pallet, an old cushion and what looks like cat litter dumped into our skip since this morning. Next time, I'll be hiring a lockable skip.

The second rant is the complete lack of public litter bins in our area. I spent most of this evening's walk carrying around a little bag of dogsh!t for the want of a rubbish bin. Fingal County Council really to get their act together and supply more bins.

The third rant this eve is that a friend of mine innocently gave a loan of her power drill to a neighbour a few months ago. She only got it back recently after much persuasion but many of the drill bits were damaged, and the drill box was also full of chicken feathers for some reason. I would never ever give any of my tools to anyone, sadly she was too nice for her own good and learned the hard way.

Post edited by Sgt Hartman on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Was DJing a friend's wedding on Saturday night. Grand. But why is a grown man acting like a baby because I didn't have and Pitbull or Elvis on record with me? Can't say I was too annoyed to be honest. More bemused.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Invest in a cheap tp link camera and cd card. Can get indoor or outdoor. If indoor set it to day mode as night kode ir reflects off window. You can set an alarm for movement.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, Mary was conceived the usual way, but she wasn't affected by original sin.

I see, because Mary's Ma didn't enjoy it at the time maybe, so Mary wasn't conceived in sinful pleasure ( I assume that's what original sin is?) . The problem with that then is there's an awful lot of immaculate conceptions every week, I mean if you're so innocent or drugged or drunk you don't even know you've been knocked up? Then you're born immaculate, because the Ma was blissfully unaware of the whole thing. This is head wrecking, cannon laws.

Like when a gurrior asked the christian brother, "was taking a pound from your mother's purse a mortal sin". Absolutely said the bro, flames, hell, damnation. He then asked was a shilling a Mortaller, the bro said no, it was a venal one. Yer man kept raising the stakes until the brother in frustration set the Mortal bar at ten bob, 50 pence in new money. The lads all knew then that they were safe to dip 9 shillings and eleven pence from the purse and still only get a yellow card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

😂😂😂 I needed that laugh, thx

I’ve just read the other comments on this conundrum you’ve presented us with - I’d say you’d be great craic on a night out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The amount of Catholics that think the immaculate conception was Jesus is my TA for the day. If you are going to do an activity at least get the basics right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

To illustrate the truth of this, the guy who used to run the shop close to where my older sis used to work said often and loudly back in the day, that first babies arrive anytime😙 but the second one always took 9 months.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The other day I saw an old guy walking down Main Street in Nexttownover wearing a face mask. Now, I'd question the utility of wearing a mask outdoors on a not very crowded street, but maybe he's got health issues and is extremely vulnerable. I'd prefer to see that than "COVID HOAX" spray painted on a road sign. What annoyed me was he was wearing it below his nose. Three and a half years and gombeens still can't wear a simple mask properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Don't worry about it, all a load of nonsense really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Being hungry ages before lunchtime. I've been ravo since about 11am. That's cause I woke up at 6.

Also, the NOTIONS of coffee prices in town since the last time I worked here. €3.90 for a small cappuccino? Get in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm so glad I can afford a car and don't have to rely on public transport. It's actually relatively good where I live, but I was just looking at a journey I'm going to do tomorrow, and it would take at least four times more time by public transport. By car Google says typically 14-20 minutes. By public transport it's 78 minutes, including 16 minutes of walking between changing buses and walking from the bus stop to my destination. I wouldn't really mind the walking as the forecast is good for tomorrow, but that's a best case scenario - most of the time I could probably expect at least one bus to be late, and to arrive at my destination late, wet and miserable. I'd also lose at least two additional hours out of my day between travelling there and back. Obviously public transport can't cater to every journey, but not having a car would suck.

He probably didn't want to wear his dentures. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who underline passages in library books.

“ if you want something done, ask a busy person “. It’s a quote, attributed oddly to both Benjamin Franklin & Lucile Ball… 😅. I’ve a family member who uses it too …

if I’m busy and have a lot on my plate, as I do this week, as this certain person knows, just please, kindly fûck off and ask someone with more time, more energy, more spirit to do it for you, I’m sorry but 🧐… this certain person can do it themselves but as it again involves technology and leg work are little inclined to be… “hey, can you…?

Older person ok, but you don’t try you don’t learn… we are only talking 59 years old here….

• Advertisement

and again, driveway partially blocked. The twat driver is a former school principal who only retired recently…. with yards of parking available all over the road…. 👎🏼🤌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's up there with "blood is thicker than water" for being used incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who arrive late to meetings, necessitating the repetition of stuff that's already been covered and making the meeting run longer than it needs to for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

The sharp intake of breath every time I go into the doctors. You can practically hear him thinking to himself, "Ah **** sake. Ah not this **** again, why won't he just kill himself?" before willing himself to plow through another one or two minutes of my myriad mental and physical problems.

Catching up on things this evening and spotted my photo of the fireworks was used without permission on their site but also in their printed paper. Picture has all rights reserved and you could see it in their cropped version on facebook and the website.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bill them for copyright infringement . I've gotten them to take it down off their site and fb

I hadn't thought of being Catholic as an activity, like football, or reiki, or wan.. walking. I suppose if you don't understand the rules of the game, you're bound to get it wrong. I remember in the convent primary school when I was a keen and eager student..., I lie, I was an annoying inqusitive brat, always asking unnecessary questions (like the vodafone giglybit kid) , I'd ask the nun what 'the fruit of thy womb' meant when chanting prayers, or singing hymns. '🎶 Oh, oh Mary concee-evd without sin 🎵". I asked Sister Delourde what the word conceived meant. I think she mentioned the oul Holy ghost and baby JC, sure she didn't know either, unsurprising for a young nun in 60s Ireland. I was none the wiser myself for many years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

If you do have the immutable urge to make a request from a DJ - DO NOT hold your drink over the equipment.

If you are passing a drink to the DJ, DO NOT pass it over the equipment. Go around.

Blah blah TED Talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I’m bored stiff and nothing on tv was of interest to me . Nothing on sports channel , or documentaries .I found 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown which at least is interesting.. I’m just not feeling well. . And believe it or not I actually made it early to bed and up at 9 am . Maybe that’s what is wrong !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement