Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Strumms wrote: »
    Had the Mitsubishi aircon in my job, the functionality is brilliant, turn on, set the temp and within a minute the office temperature is set perfectly... BUT there is always somebody that wants the aircon set to ARCTIC. We’d come back from lunch say July , and I’m wondering if I’ve time to go home and get my parka it’s that cold... be trying to negotiate with the cünt...”no don’t touch that, it’s just the right temperature” I was about to accuse him of getting brain freeze but realized that it was a contradiction in terms with that fella.......

Eventually just made sure I’m first in if on shift with him, put the aircon on to a reasonable setting and hid the remote... he’d get up to change it manually but be turned back up.

maybe a bit over the top, but im kinda on his side tbh. its alot easier to put on extra layers to heat up than take layers off to cool down (provided its a reasonable enough lower temp), unless you want to work with a topless colleague.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

maybe a bit over the top, but im kinda on his side tbh. its alot easier to put on extra layers to heat up than take layers off to cool down (provided its a reasonable enough lower temp), unless you want to work with a topless colleague.....

This was ARCTIC... if you came in from the outside it was refreshing for a min or two... but when you are sat at a desk, in there for two hours sitting and you are shivering wearing a shirt.... no....I don’t think people should be required to wear extra because ONE dufus cant or won’t factor in the comforts of his colleagues....

I think he had it set for 17 degrees.. the lowest setting...the average comfortable room temperature is about 21/22/23 degrees...if you have a thermometer or temperature gauge at home you’ll see most rooms are in that range... comfortable... this guy was a freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Driving on the M8 to Cork and where it goes through Limerick for a short distance I was surprised to see on the "Welcome to Limerick" Sign "Ireland's Ancient East - Stretching it a bit no? Cork, fair enough stretches wide from Dursey Island to Youghal where thats almost Easterly but Limerick to me is a Western county - Wild Atlantic way more than Ireland's Ancient East :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I think he had it set for 17 degrees.

ya if its 17 thats overkill in fairness

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

GBX wrote: »
    Driving on the M8 to Cork and where it goes through Limerick for a short distance I was surprised to see on the "Welcome to Limerick" Sign "Ireland's Ancient East - Stretching it a bit no? Cork, fair enough stretches wide from Dursey Island to Youghal where thats almost Easterly but Limerick to me is a Western county - Wild Atlantic way more than Ireland's Ancient East

They had probably stolen the sign from somewhere else. :pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Humidity the past week is a killer, especially combined with decreasing chest cavity due to growing baby. Even sitting down I find it hard to breathe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,068 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Back in 06/07 I bought a absolutely fantastic coat , in of all places The Canaries. You could wear this coat at the North Pole and be roasting.
    TA is it hasn't been cold enough inthe last 10 years to justify wearing it :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Had the Mitsubishi aircon in my job, the functionality is brilliant, turn on, set the temp and within a minute the office temperature is set perfectly... BUT there is always somebody that wants the aircon set to ARCTIC. We’d come back from lunch say July , and I’m wondering if I’ve time to go home and get my parka it’s that cold... be trying to negotiate with the cünt...”no don’t touch that, it’s just the right temperature” I was about to accuse him of getting brain freeze but realized that it was a contradiction in terms with that fella.......

Eventually just made sure I’m first in if on shift with him, put the aircon on to a reasonable setting and hid the remote... he’d get up to change it manually but be turned back up.
    Get a generic replacement remote control and keep it in your drawer. He'll never figure it out. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

New Home wrote: »
    They had probably stolen the sign from somewhere else. :pac: :D

I knew there'd be a logical explanation :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I always chuckle when I'm going home and pass the 'Welcome to Tipperary, Ireland's Ancient East' sign. I'm not sure what counts as west if even Limerick is the ancient east?

TA for the day is I had finally got both cats onto a dry food that they seemed to like only for it to be recalled this morning. Hopefully the recall is over quickly but I've now had to buy another dry food and hope that they'll eat it. It would be just so much easier if they could both eat wet food but noooooooooooooo, Totoro has to have a sensitive stomach. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I forgot to put on deodorant after my shower this morning and now I'm paranoid in work that I may smell. *serious facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA that my cat is very fussy but also changes her mind frequently. She loves one food this week won't eat it the next GRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

honeyjo wrote: »
    TA that my cat is very fussy but also changes her mind frequently. She loves one food this week won't eat it the next GRRR

they only do that to annoy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Definitely. Jade Martha Amy Winehouse is a diva by name and by nature :p

I've got to a point where I hide the food coming into the house. I'm convinced if they see a bulk supply coming in, they circulate a memo saying lads she's after spending a load on that salmon mousse, whatever you do, don't eat it.

Antares35 wrote: »
    I've got to a point where I hide the food coming into the house. I'm convinced if they see a bulk supply coming in, they circulate a memo saying lads she's after spending a load on that salmon mousse, whatever you do, don't eat it.

I feel you Antares. We went through 8 different types of dry food before we found one they both liked. Once we bought 8kg of it, they're both indifferent and have happily scarfed up all the original dry food we had for them at the start. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

honeyjo wrote: »

Mine too . I bought Sheba on special offer and he was ecstatic , licked the plate clean and wouldnt look at any other food . Three weeks later he turns his back on Sheba and will only eat whiskas in gravy .
    Two weeks later he give it the cold shoulder and whines and whinges for Sheba . Spare me from cats and their notions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭sporina

people who correct your grammar, but then make similar literary mistakes themselves (BTBH, it actually doesn't annoy me.. I find it amusing :D)

On the subject of cats that are picky eaters, if my kitten smells a food he doesn't like, he lets me know immediately - he tries to cover it up by scratching around the bowl like he does after he's used the kitty litter. :D

Thankfully his mother is more appreciative of my efforts, after all those tins and those bags don't open themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Idiots on Linkedin " I would like to announce I have accepted a new role at X. I would like to thank the world and its mother..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

GBX wrote: »
    Driving on the M8 to Cork and where it goes through Limerick for a short distance I was surprised to see on the "Welcome to Limerick" Sign "Ireland's Ancient East - Stretching it a bit no? Cork, fair enough stretches wide from Dursey Island to Youghal where thats almost Easterly but Limerick to me is a Western county - Wild Atlantic way more than Ireland's Ancient East :confused:

I know these invented regions were great for business from people too lazy to take out a map and look at it, but I find them annoying. It's not like they didn't exist beforehand, now its "wild Atlantic" this and that.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I feel you Antares. We went through 8 different types of dry food before we found one they both liked. Once we bought 8kg of it, they're both indifferent and have happily scarfed up all the original dry food we had for them at the start. :rolleyes:

So glad it isn't just us. The only saving grace in this house is there are so many cats, if they don't eat fast they don't eat :D

The last time I'd a convalescing cat, we went through every (expensive) brand known to man, and she eventually decided that Lidl's finest Coshida stinky shîte for like 20c was what did it for her...

New Home wrote: »
    On the subject of cats that are picky eaters, if my kitten smells a food he doesn't like, he lets me know immediately - he tries to cover it up by scratching around the bowl like he does after he's used the kitty litter. :D

Thankfully his mother is more appreciative of my efforts, after all those tins and those bags don't open themselves.

I'd a cat once who used to suss out where the dried food was kept, and he'd punch a paw sized hole in the bottom and just go in and help himself a few times a day. We joked that if we ever went away, we'd just need to leave in a bag of dried food and the TV remote and he'd look after himself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Antares35 wrote: »
    So glad it isn't just us. The only saving grace in this house is there are so many cats, if they don't eat fast they don't eat :D

The last time I'd a convalescing cat, we went through every (expensive) brand known to man, and she eventually decided that Lidl's finest Coshida stinky shîte for like 20c was what did it for her...

Cats are just awkward, we have one cat Jenny that's on royal canine for its kidneys and we get purina for the others. Jenny prefers the Purina and the other lot prefer hers.
    Problem with the cheap stuff is the resulting stinking farts. We have found our lot don't like the gravy, we rotate gormet, sheba felix and tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

spookwoman wrote: »
    Cats are just awkward, we have one cat Jenny that's on royal canine for its kidneys and we get purina for the others. Jenny prefers the Purina and the other lot prefer hers.
    Problem with the cheap stuff is the resulting stinking farts. We have found our lot don't like the gravy, we rotate gormet, sheba felix and tesco.

On the topic of cats, it's hairball season and as a preventative measure I am grooming my cat to remove the excess fur so she doesn't swallow it.
    I could have made another cat out of what came off her today alone!

Aglomerado wrote: »
    On the topic of cats, it's hairball season and as a preventative measure I am grooming my cat to remove the excess fur so she doesn't swallow it.
    I could have made another cat out of what came off her today alone!

OMG yes!!! I brushed our cat about 3 times over the weekend and the AMOUNT of hair that came off him was unreal. It just kept coming and coming. I'll have to keep at it. At least he seems to tolerate it much better than my last hairy cat. She hated being brushed but, for a shorthair, was the hairiest cat I've ever experienced in my life. Hairballs regularly and cat hair on everything. She's gone 7 months now and I'm convinced I'll be picking her hair out of my clothes for the rest of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Women, and it's usually women, who go into their local supermarket, up market bar or wherever wearing ridiculous ill fitting g-string things only suitable for a beach or boudoir and go off crying sexism to their local rag when they get shown the door.

I'm sure if a man showed up in a Borat mankini he'd get the road as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Women, and it's usually women, who go into their local supermarket, up market bar or wherever wearing ridiculous ill fitting g-string things only suitable for a beach or boudoir and go off crying sexism to their local rag when they get shown the door.

I'm sure if a man showed up in a Borat mankini he'd get the road as well.

You are obviously not living in Ireland and don't get how scantily clad women is a TA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Belgium football team are going to kick the ball out of play in the 10th minute in respect for Christan Eriksen..seems stupid to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Morning radio is just so awful.
    It truly is.
    All of the stations. Unfunny predictable sht hosts. Cheesy, terrible music. All of them.

And Im stuck with it today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement