Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

When I used to get the bus regularly some years ago, one woman would be the last to arrive at the stop, but would barge on first.

It wasn't an 'every man/ woman for themselves situation' - there might be five or six of us who arrived at the stop ahead of her. I was usually first. And it was an early stop on the route so we would all get seats.

But one morning, I had enough of her queue jumping, so I barged on literally side by side with her. She is probably still in shock. 🤣.

She stopped barging in first after that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yup, hate food waste. And not really from an environment perspective, but mostly that there are people starving in the world and we can choose to waste food. Not only that we let crops rot in fields cause there is no one to harvest them or the market conditions are not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Made the mistake of reading an Irish Times article about sandwiches before lunch. Fookin' lag le hocras now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you've hanging baskets around you can make something like this. It also works with different style feaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had two simple tasks to do in work today which I wanted to have finished before breakfast time at 10.30am. Unfortunately I've been pulled in so many different directions today that I'm only halfway through one task and I haven't even started the second task yet 🙄 Roll on 4.30pm today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭JDxtra

People who don't move fowards with their groceries on the conveyor belt at the supermarket checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a relative has a friend working running a charity shop. Every few months everyone will get a gentle nudge… “ hey, a reminder any clothing, books, DVDs, or anything you don’t want, just put them in a bag and I’ll take it to them “ No problem…..good way of helping people & getting rid of stuff you no longer want / need… great…

The ‘nudge’ every few months has gone to just about fortnightly and it’s got so fücking annoying to the point this morning on receipt of another WhatsApp I’m…. “ listen, enough is enough …..if I’ve stuff to give away I’ll let you know, quit asking non…fûcking…stop…… 🥱

I’m not Elon Musk or Bill Gates… I don’t posses 16 walk in wardrobes of clothing and I’m very proactive regarding moving stuff on that I don’t like, don’t need or that I am just done with, the only books, records and music collection I keep are part of a wanted collection…..

if they send another WhatsApp this month they are getting blocked. Enquire why they’ll be told… “ because you won’t leave people alone “

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I live fairly near to two schools, in-between them but not too close to one of them. Also in-between them is a crossroads (with traffic lights) that the County Council have decided to dig up on the week the schools start back up. Usually, the roads are relatively busy at certain times of the days, especially up until 5.00/5.30 but yesterday evening the traffic was still backed-up at 9pm.

The schools restarting is obviously only part of the problem here, but starting the job a week earlier probably would have made a huge difference.

And it caused me to be late for work yesterday too, even though I left a bit earlier than usual. (BOO-urns!!) 🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Why do people who ought to know about copyright keep trying to worm their way out of paying for their f*ckups. Oh your picture is beautiful and we want to show people...... posting it on Twitter.... I couldn't see the copyright info on the phone screen..... here's a peanut for your troubles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Applied for a job I thought I was well suited for in the Netherlands. Just got the rejection email from the recruitment company.

I've sod all to do at work. My boss is gone and the place is dead as a lot of people are on AL.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I particularly hate when i go to a public service office ( driver licensing etc ) and the male behind the counter is english 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Indo headline;

"Hike in hospitality VAT a ‘serious blow’ to Irish tourism with rural business worst affected, says hoteliers"

These are the same hoteliers, who now charge €22 for a bar Burger and Chips, €9.50 for a glass of house wine, and are looking for €200 a night per room in the low season. Prices were 60% of that and less when VAT was 13.5%. They can fup off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

10 days in Tenerife was cheaper than 4 days in Killarney a few years ago. And I mean much cheaper. And that was family of four .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Or who don't put down the divider thing so you can start unloading your trolley. You have to reach across them to grab it.

CDs in charity shops.

Spines not properly aligned (some upside or reversed) so you can't quickly tell what it is.

CD singles and albums priced the same.

Missing discs.

Same applies to vinyl - 12" singles and LPs at the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

looking for a few days break in October, I looked up the area and found one of my fav hotel chains has a location there.

A bit pricey but has a leisure centre so I would save there and within walking distance of the city, so I go to the booking page, won't let me check the refund policy until I give them my deets(ta1) read the t&c's and it wants the full payment now, but will let me cancel up to the night before. The foreseeable future is fluid so I decide against giving them my money over a month ahead of time, without the reassurance of a refund should things blow up(ta2)

Flipping raging at being expected to pay in advance over a month out, then I get an email reminding me that they are holding the rate and I should finish booking to get it and if there were any issues blah blah blah.

If I wasn't so worn out, I would book a Costa somewhere and middle-finger the lot of them back here.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Venting to the wrong audience!

😁

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People thinking ramps are pedestrian crossings.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

The pocket zip detached from my hoody….

its my second time to wear the hoody, and all I had in it was my phone and empty ray-ban case… 90 euros and bits falling off…. Great

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In my new job ten weeks, kept the head down so far and progressing nicely. Since I have had fook all quality time with the new wife because I started literally five days after getting married (well had the medical but couldn't arrange anything thereafter as I waited on induction training etc.), am looking for one Monday off so we can go away for a couple of nights.

Asked the boss a few weeks ago, and he told me to remind him in September. September rolls around today, so I asked him again, but he is seemingly on his holidays next week, so I have to wait another week before I know whether I can definitely get the day off, by which time someone ahead of me on the seniority list might get the same day off.

I need a decision!

• Advertisement

My mother never puts the lid back on anything properly. I, on the other hand have a tendency to pick things up by the lid. There's going to be a bleach incident one of these days and god help the woman if I happen to be wearing anything other than my grottiest "schlepping around the house" clothes when it does.

Someone hawked up "a greener" onto my car's windscreen this morning while it was parked on the main street. I was gone for about 40 minutes. Scumbag.

People who ask questions they already know the answer to just to make a point 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

Or an autocratic manager who chairs a section meeting, goes through the agenda and minutes all his solutions before the floor is open. The meeting is then effectively about combating his predetermined decisions. In my working life I stopped attending these. What was the fkn point.

I just got alcohol-shamed by my sister-in-law's nephews 😭 They were in front of me at the till in Lidl there when I was buying beer and wine for a barbie I'm going to later and one of them goes "How much drink are you buying???"

Cheeky fcuker!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Rodadendron

Invasive crap, horrible crap

Very poisonous to dogs etc

And you can still buy the ******* crap in garden centers here.

Jesus !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Those family photos where people are bare foot!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not all varieties are invasive, though, they aren't all the same.

Went to get a sandwich in the supermarket. Three days ago they were €x. Now they've literally increased by ⅔. A different kind has doubled in price. Effing chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA today - I’ve just remembered why I don’t go to the cinema very often:

1. it was like feeding time at the zoo, shovelling popcorn, rummaging around in packets, slurping drinks
    2. My pet hate, sniffing - get a feckin tissue, its not difficult. I would have said something but it was a young lady so thought her mum sitting beside her would have set something.

Spoiler alert:

The Equaliser 3 is not as good as the first two

• Advertisement

In addition….

whatever about popcorn, crisps and sweets….snacks in general if done quietly

But why the fûck did…hotdogs, fries / wedges, chicken strips etc become a thing in the actual cinemas ? Disgusting sitting there watching a film and a load of gimps fidgeting with and munching through enough assorted food to qualify as a dinner… the smell too… 😵‍💫 AND it’s mega expensive…. Would you not just watch the film with snacks and go sit down for a quality burger and fries somewhere afterwards….?

Much better value for money , higher degree of comfort to eat in…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement