Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you pay €4.75 for a sandwich, next day it's €4.50 and prices seem to change constantly. It's also not a weight thing more so who you met at the deli counter.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I hear you. Barbie was **** aswell and attracted the sort of crowd who chatted through the movie and the permanent shine of phones (ie young teenagers. Trying to get popcorn was a major undertaking aswell where you had to queue up twice for some reason rather than the guy I asked shovelling the stuff that was right beside him into a bag.

Kids liked it tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I think I'm coming down with bloody covid again. Probably caught it on a 13 hour bus journey the other night from northern Italy to Paris because our flight was cancelled (thanks UK ATC) and Paris was the quickest option to get home!

I've been feeling rough today and will try and get an antigen test tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Attention universe! and in particular healthcare workers, I have to deal with this month.

if you don't know what a specific label means ASK or GOOGLE, I am so sick of ppl assuming this info means nothing/attention seeking that the interaction is badly handled at best, and dangerous at worst.

A lesser ta are ppl who assume what it is and it never crossed their mind to check that they may be dealing with a variation, Very few ppl in norm life are homogenous why should an sld be?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

"Auntie Jen, I don't feel well, how do I look?"

"Have a cup of tea and you'll be grand, love".

Test passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,290 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fellas wearing kilts to parties/pub etc

All attention seeking, tbh us Irish have a right to wear one too been Celtic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Horrible garment to be honest, I think. Useful at weddings etc if you've nothing else to talk about 🤣. There is some disagreement whether they were originally created in Ireland or Scotland. Kinda winds me up like Irish Vs Scottish whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

An "Insect hotel" Christmas present yoke that was never used and now thrown in the garden in a pile of logs that are actually used by insects etc. Also, no amount of insect hotels are going to compensate for all the destruction around, no matter how pretty they look.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

People pushing the 'hard sell' in any business, I realise they are out to make a profit, but if anyone dismisses the customer and tries to 'frighten them' into extras it puts me right off.

Ironically, if a business person or sales person was less pushy and said 'it's up to you' type attitude I would be more inclined to go back to them.

But pushy sales/business people have the opposite effect for me - immediate red flags when they try and push a sale that forcefully.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Kilts didn't exist in the time of William Wallace (Braveheart). Mel Gibson made that up. People wore smocks. There's no such thing as Scottish Whiskey, it's Whisky without an 'e'. Irish and American have the e. 'Scotch' is an EU geographical designated name, brexit notwithstanding, though natives from Scotland detest the word as adjective, they say 'Scots' or 'Scottish'. 'Scotch' only means made in Scotland, it doesn't mean it's single malt or anything special. You can make the best of Scotch imitations though, and label it single malt, etc. I drank this bottle of Jap whiskey (with an e) at the world cup in 2019, it was... Super!! Slept like a log.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who go to extraordinary lengths to save a few quid. A winter sun holiday but they wish to book flights, hotels, insurance, everything between us. As in online ourselves…

I know a travel agent who would charge a non extortionate flat fee to do the lot and they are exceptionally good…. Probably an email or two and two phone calls to be made instead of faffing around on the internet on our own time. Phone calls, Whatsapping back and forth…. What about ? / what if we ? / look at……..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Kilts were , I think an Irish thing . Though they were yellow , being dyed in horse piss, tartan is Scottish

The amount of advertised jobs that contain no salary information. it’s everywhere …Recruiters / HR mongs who do that…..I have a request…ld be obliged if you would ever go and get yourself a nice bout of terminal arse cancer….

People who are searching for jobs are entitled to be made aware of the salary potential… as they are other basic information like the job title, key responsibilities and potential shifts before going to the trouble of getting the CV updated, application filled in, prep for interview etc…. One I’m looking at has about 200 words over several paragraphs of fûcking absolute PR / HR waffle about the company and overall company goals but no specific details about role/responsibilities or salary…. Dipshits..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Remuneration Information and Pay Transparency Bill 2023, which will bring the EU Pay Transparency Directive into force in Irish law, currently working its way through the Seanad. Seems to be sitting at second stage since 24 January.

It doesn't seem to be much of a priority for the Government.

It would save the useless game of cat and mouse between applicants and recruiters/companies about the salary offered for a role and for many would help avoid the waste of time applying for roles that don't match salary expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

There's nothing worse when filling out a job application form and they ask your expected salary. I usually just put down a big range of something like £30,000 - £75000.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

That 66% increase in the supermarket was probably due to VAT increase in restaurants going from 9% to 13% or the war in Ukraine or global warning or because petrol also went up.

My trivial annoyance today that I have to do a bit of work (😲!!) because the two other people in my 3-person department are off today.

I can't tell you how many flights I've been on that have been delayed as some genius booked the flights/hotels online and got the times wrong.

The last time was a doze, we were waiting so long that ppl started to move around/stand and chat, The couple got on and were very very nasty to the ppl who were perched on "their" seat arms chatting in the aisles. The band of a domestic emitting from them the whole flight.

Walking towards a handsome and age-appropriate man on my way into the clinic, musing to myself as to how distinguished he looked in general and particularly in the body suit type thing he was wearing. I figured he was maybe my age or there about.

He gave me appropriate space at the check-in desk, so I gave the required deets to them and went to the space I was directed to, I over heard his dob, 10 years younger than I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many ta's in this, so so many.

If they've no checked in bags the flight will feck off without them. Otherwise bags have to be removed. One big cause of delay at DA is checking in at Terminal 2 as per your booking without realising your flight is actually departing from1, until you look at the gate no, and it's over a km away. Or it's at Terminal 1½ which requires a bus. Like fkn Hogwarths.

How sensitive to buttons on my washing machine are . I seem to set it off simply walking past it . I had a wash to hang out too !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The over the top reporting on the Wolfe Tones at the electric picnic. I honestly worry about the younger generation and their interpritation of these songs. I don't think they realise just how bad it was up the north for both sides and why we need to stop lighting fires that causes these f*ckers to kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Shure the people at Electric Picnic aren't the ones lighting the fires (12th July 300 ft high less than 500 metres from housing).

Its a song, we should all build a bridge and get over it.

There is a guy that works in the local shop / mini supermarket… a fiercely positive, hard working, helpful and friendly young fellow but…

every time I go to use the self service checkout to get my drinks… “ ohh I’ll take those over here for you “…. I’m too polite (in real life) to say “nahhh it’s ok thanks…” so I need to pick up the drinks and whatever else and make my way about 12 feet back to him….

As a comment, I saw somewhere said, about this, we all sang "Relax" didn't make us all go around shagging ppl we wouldn't have before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I had dry needling done on my bad shoulder earlier. The physio warned me I might feel a bit shìt afterwards but I was like "I'm sure I'll be grand".

Currently sitting here feeling (and likely looking) like a zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Archeron

I bought two donuts in one of those donut establishments in Dublin, a black forest one and a lemon something or other. Four quid each. The dude that gave them to me managed to put them upside down in the little box so all the sugary goodness stuck to the lid and they essentially became plain donuts with feck all on them. (yes i scooped it off the lid with a spoon and plopped it back on, but they then looked like came from a wheelie bin donuts)

One of those you had one job moments.

I had to look that up. Sounds sore

TA is I’ve mislaid the only pair of reading glasses that worked

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Advertisement

After listening to it go around and around .there were no clothes in it !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement