Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Archeron

When you order in a cafe and your food comes with butter.

Butter that had survived a hundred years buried deep in the siberian tundra, knowing only ice and inhuman sub zero conditions.

Now thats not going to be easy to put on a scone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you realise the RTE news is covering the equivalent of a boil on an elephants arse regarding all the **** that's going on in the country and world wide.

And half that boil is about the late late show and the 2 Johnnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Just figured out how to multi-quote. It's for the best I no longer work in IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Neither...unfortunately. 😄 Might as well have been, though.

I was off work today, and planning to cut the grass, but wanted to wait for the optimum time; long enough for last night's rain to dry, but before it started to rain again. Just as I was heading out to do it a few minutes ago, I hear a torrential downpour. 😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I spent a minute vigorously scrubbing a spot on a plate only to discover on closer inspection it's part of the pattern....pay attention and/or wear your reading glasses when washing up 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

If it's those little foil pats, squeeze them between your palms for a minute or two and they'll be fine.

If it's in a little dish, though, you're either having your scone dry, or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That’s we exactly what im saying . James’s a twat . I see i left out the 2nd S

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve mislaid my glasses and the lens on my reading glasses has fallen out . FO specsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

1.. VAR in football… actually not VAR itself but VAR officials.

look at a tackle from 14 different angles, slowed down, normal speed, ultra HD, zoomed in… and with all your training you still come to the wrong decision. 🧐 which btw didn’t impact the result but it shows that you basically should not be doing the job. in the comfort of a studio, no distractions, you have the training, you have the best tech tools on the planet and staff to bring it all in front of your face but ya just don’t have the stones to say, “ ok, he got the ball but he impeded the striker by kicking through him to get it “. Pointless but the same clown will be out next week ready to make the same mistake regardless….

2.. the prices of winter sun holidays this year, especially cruises. …” yes we didn’t get your money during covid but we’ll make it up now “

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People putting apostrophes all over the place on words that don't need them. Even on professionally made shop signs, signage on vehicles, absolutely clueless on their use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I’ve the pre work anxiety jitters after spending the last two days out sick with a dodgy belly :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People covering crap up at the 11th hour before a visit from the health inspectors that could have drastic repercussions. Fortuitously enough, I have a memory stick filled with pics of what goes on around here on an average day, much like Cinderella's other slipper. I also have more tangible proof.

Let's hope they get here quickly. 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just been to a local optician for new glasses and bought optical record card from Specsavers - I had terrible problems with my last pair from them so its 3 years since I went to anyone.

Not only is the record card NOT the same as the actual prescription in the glasses (duh, I new they were dodgy) but I now have cataracts which they should have picked up.

Seriously thinking of suing the buggers, 700 euro worth of glasses not worth sh*te. Cant even use them as a back up pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tell them you'll see them in court...... or not 😬

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

More like that they'll see you in court. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Lottery syndicate moochers

our syndicate decided over WhatsApp decided 3 weeks ago we would go for the special 130 million euromillons draw. We don’t play every week, just for big jackpots

The moocher hasn’t read any of our messages in the WhatsApp group in those 3 weeks. Probably has us on mute or ignoring us. They also “forgot” their turn to buy tickets last time but were forgiven for that

Ignoring us for 3 weeks but if we win they will instantly reappear in 3 seconds!!

They will getting the boot 🥾 if they don’t come back to us by Friday deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I was having a look at Linkedin there - in one recommendation a person was described as a 'thinking agent'.

So the word 'proactive' is no longer good enough is it? Feck sake. Business speak always amazes me. The way they can invent new lingo, that means nothing.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This x 1000. A gigantic TA too….Had one running in the local… 9 customers and 3 barmen… lots of moochers initially refused but the second in command was in the golf society there with a load of fellas that got wind of it and were successful in mooching in and getting added.

Collecting money off 12 people you know and or drink with or near and see weekly is a lot easier then chasing down the 3 extra that come in different nights, often different times in the lounge nowhere near you and despite you / us doing them the favour by admitting them they still had to be chased down some months for their cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just used my last teabag. I was in 2 supermarkets yesterday. 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

People on packed buses, trains or trams: put large bags on the floor, please. If you have a big rucksack on your shoulders, you're taking up the space of two people. Can't you feel people bumping in to your bag, struggling to get past you to the exit? Common sense, people.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Dido35

It's fierce windy here and my letter box is flapping away the whole time, noise is driving me mad. I'm going to have to tape it shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

just back from the shops with teabags. go to put them away and there was a half box hiding in the back of the cupboard.

I had to use blue tack. Worked like a charm and the postman could still use it.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I was apologised to today at work by someone for something they said about me to my team while I was on leave last week.

My team mentioned nothing so maybe they were just being diplomatic, but now I want to know what was said!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Caught in the storm today at work (because the show must go in the post), and felt like losing it at a number of people who thought they were mildy discomforted because they had to sign for a parcel, and might get a small bit wet in the five seconds it takes. Or god forbid, get up out of bed to answer the door. They'd be the first to complain if I left it outside in rain of course, or if they had to travel to the depot to collect it.

And the odd 'jeez its a wet day isn't it lad?' hilarious quips. I fecking know it is you smartass.

Not trying to be funny, genuine question: when did An Post stop wrapping parcels in plastic during winter/bad weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Not in it long enough to know any answer to that.

Another related TA: can already feel a head cold coming on from all the rain, and me with a couple of things to look forward to over the weekend.

That you can’t turn on or open an Irish TV channel, magazine, website without that fûcking talentless borefest of a dope Baz Ashmawny or whatever he’s called, grinning back at you……being all pointlessly enthusiastic about the most mundane nothingness …

he must have something on someone , or well in with whatever RTE gimps because it ain’t ‘talent’ that’s enabling his popularity or continuing employment… 🤪.

also interesting that RTE won’t blink an eye about employing a convicted drink driver but they have no issues about him presenting shows that have anti drink driving messages running during advertising breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who meander back and forth across the footpath. Just walk in a straight line, ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Had an issue with the brake tending robot in work. Contacted the supplier. Took a month to work through to diagnose the issue as a broken fan. Took another week to get a quote for the part. $700 CAD and 2.5 weeks lead time.

I called a local guy, he will have the part delivered today (overnight from yesterday) for ~$200 CAD.

Useless shower of cnuts that supplier is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement