Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Insurance companies making their disc's too big for the holder

Trying to tear out a disc, tax/test/insurance from the paper without ripping it is some dose. I swear it's getting harder to do these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

Dust!!! Jaysus I hate it! :mad::mad::mad:grrr... even in the car in the sunshine.. grrrr...:mad::mad::mad:
    If I ever win the lotto I am getting a full time cleaner esp for dusting.. (I am v neat and clean but the stuff just seems to emerge by the hour)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Aglomerado wrote: »
    On the topic of cats, it's hairball season and as a preventative measure I am grooming my cat to remove the excess fur so she doesn't swallow it.
    I could have made another cat out of what came off her today alone!

tn5whot59y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Watching a film on Netflix OK it is not the greatest film dialogue a bit clunky - it is only at set up stage. At the start the premise of it, and little bit of main character background. Grand, but of the four characters so far seen on screen male and female all would be classed as good looking. A few of them superstars which does not help either.

Wouldn't you think they would throw in an average looking person just to help with the realism?

Basically my TA is a load of good looking people in films it immediately makes it unreal and hard to get immersed in it. Because then I know I am watching a film.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,414 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Men. Who knows what goes on with them

I’m thinking about joining these two for chess games..

205899-Funny-Monkey-Gif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m thinking about joining these two for chess games..

205899-Funny-Monkey-Gif.gif

That makes more sense than what I deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

The crows are extremely loud this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The crows are extremely loud this morning!!

I’ll see your crows and raise you pigeons! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I’ll see your crows and raise you pigeons! :pac:

woohoowoo , woohoowoo, woohooowooo all bloody morning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Magpies are objectively the worst.

So rollerskates are the new thing among the kids in my estate. The boys in particular are a) really, really bad and b) utterly fearless. It's only a matter of time before I'm giving evidence in the Coroner's Court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People bemoaning the death of Detective Garda Jerry McCabe who can't even spell his name correctly.

"Gerry" - absolute gobsh*tes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

We've been playing bingo with my gran over FB messenger since May 2020, twice a week. Most of us detest it but we do it coz she's 92 and she really missed it when she had to shield. It's over a year now we've been playing with her with no sign of stopping. We have relatives of my husband visiting tomorrow for the first time since lockdown and I said in the group chat that we won't be able to make it to the regular bingo session. My smart arse aunt has suggested we play tonight instead. She knows well we hate playing. I have to assume she's doing it out of spite.
    I don't have a reason for saying no. I wasn't even looking forward to going to the in-laws tomorrow because I'm so anti social and I'm not a massive fan of having to entertain kids.
    Entire.Weekend.Ruined. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,414 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was thinking about what used to be my favorite cafe bar in the center of Dublin, an oasis of comfort, flavor and calmness in a busy and vibrant quarter ...

They used to have great waiting staff, probably still will but they changed the chef about three years ago from a gregarious French guy who cooked you great big tasty portions of everything but was replaced by a fella who looked like he crawled on his hands and knees all the way from Kinshasa. Nothing against his ethnicity but he looked dreadful, covered in food and dirt walking around between tables, not a great look he was unkempt.

The menu was cut by about one third... the soup that had been a super tasty and homemade broth and listed as such on the menu was now watery and flavorless obviously now from a catering tub...their signature burger which was homemade minced beef with interesting, tasty and fresh and flavorsome toppings was replaced by a generic tiny rubbery patty, chips were supermarket style oven chips instead of the homemade ones with skins left on, instead of a big slice of lasagne you got a tiny oval bowl like hospital food, again, obviously ordered in from caterers...

I’d often have to que for a table if it was lunchtime or if in the evening a booking was essential not anymore, people were staying away in their droves... it was getting more expensive, yet the quality was nosediving

When you have a good thing, don’t fûck it up....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People bemoaning the death of Detective Garda Jerry McCabe who can't even spell his name correctly.

"Gerry" - absolute gobsh*tes.

People calling Tony Holohan "Tony Houlihan".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People calling Tony Holohan "Tony Houlihan".

I thought that it had swung back to "ho" from "hou".

As in, at the start people were pronouncing it hou, but as people realised the spelling, they started to pronounce it "ho".
    Lately I've heard "hou" being used making me wonder it it is actually pronounced "hou"?

Bit like mc dole, mc dool, mc dowl.
    I have no idea which is correct or maybe they all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Throwing old kids toys out , I remarked a guitar was only tat from Smyths. Got a retort " i thought Santa got that?"
    Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I found my first grey hairs today. One solitary strand in my beard and 2 in my sideburns.

Fùck my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

J. Marston wrote: »
    I found my first grey hairs today. One solitary strand in my beard and 2 in my sideburns.

Fùck my life.

Your lucky. I have brown hair with the odd ginger one thrown it , and a good few gingers in my beard. They turned white years ago and now the browns are catching up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Bloody headaches and sinuses are driving me demented. Nothing working to rid me of either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

All this talk about soccer players moving Coca-Cola and Heineken bottles off their tables!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When someone breaks up noodles or spaghetti before putting it into the saucepan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No matter where I go or what I do or how nice the place is, I always get a “I want to go home” feeling whenever I travel anywhere. Desperately annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Father's Day reminders everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Antares35 wrote: »
    Father's Day reminders everywhere.

Forgetting that not everyone had the perfect Daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

madmaggie wrote: »
    Forgetting that not everyone had the perfect Daddy.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you open a chocolate bar and it's already broken in half

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pissy teapots. Grrr.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA How hostile some people are to the concept of fathers day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

New Home wrote: »
    Pissy teapots. Grrr.

Hope that's not like p*ssing in an iron - thankfully something I haven't heard of happening for a number of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    TA How hostile some people are to the concept of fathers day.

I have to agree . In fairness just because some people have bad experiences it doesn’t mean others cannot celebrate good dads . My dad is long dead but am happy for others who are enjoying their dads today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement