Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A nearby work colleague’s perfume was so pungent yesterday that I thought someone had sprayed fly killer all around the place. It was catching in my throat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

A lil dab of sudocreme? Just a smidge and let it absorb naturally into the skin for as long as you can before patting it into the skin.....unless you're ok wandering around with a white blob on your face

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People moaning about weather warnings. Whinging when it's more or when it's less severe than expected in a particular area. They're weather forecasters, not bloody fortune tellers Karen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This:

Sound bite from min of ed, saying x newly opened campus provides opportunities for every type of learner.

Ad in SM telling us all how the govt of Ireland has signed equality legislation to bring services for ppl with disabilities into line with those in the EU.🤣( it hasn't)

Talked to a head teacher last thing yes who told me that they can't provide the support required for the child in question, as it's giving them an "advantage over their classmates who don't have an sld". Thus ensuring that child falls further and further behind their classmates.

But yea equality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

You know the women in the office ate lunch at the taco place if they keep surreptitiously spraying perfume every ten minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Watching the time line on the Outlook calendar, haven't really got much done today, and there are meetings in the afternoon.

Also managers who want you to just DO something without there being a plan in place. Like everyone can magically work together when nobody knows what to do and some things can only be done sequentially.

So, they can't plan and they can't communicate clearly what is required. It's like it all will magically happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When did excessively decorating the exterior of your house for Halloween become a thing?

Some pain in the hole trying to deliver post and the letter box is blocked by a cheap 'scary' decoration covering the entire door. Or even worse, when people change the message on their RING doorbell to something 'spooky'. I need you to sign for this parcel so cop the fook on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When you have to be somewhat civil to an obnoxious customer !

A slimy toad all sweetness and light looking for something we dont and cant do . When told this nicely , he then turned and said you're as usefull as a fart in a ??? (havent a clue what he muttered). Then got to door and uttered useless pricks. I just laughed out loud at him because it was that or speak in the same way to him. Lucky for him I was in an ok mood today !! i will remember his face though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Probably a fart in a spacesuit.

But I think he got it wrong.

I think its as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

Personally I'd use something more in the lines of "as useful as an inflatable dartboard" ( not that I'd ever insult your good self)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Problems in our bin area in Oranmore, its a communal bin area, but the recycling bin has not been emptied for a week and I think its down to residents not breaking up cardboard boxing and therefore packing the bin out. I suspect there is also people from neighbouring areas driving up to here and dumping their loads into our bins. If I see them again will take photos of their car registration and report them to the bin company who collects the waste. Its got that bad that some of us now are throwing our recycling rubbish into the non-recycling bin as there is no room and it will otherwise build up in my apartment while waiting for bin to be emptied.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Is there a possibility of a locked area for bins and roster for putting out? That's what we had in an old rental of ours.. It is annoying as feck that it needs to be done

Today's TA, listening to people pontificate about recycling and then absolutely crossing their own advice because of laziness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No there's no lock, perhaps its the housing area management I should be approaching.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Podcasts and conversations where people talk but not prepared

'Emmmmm, ahhhhh' etc

Ffs think before you speak

WASN'T ME BOSS! I'LL BOX THE HEAD OF YA YA SHITE IN A BUCKET! YA WANT TA BUY A DAG?

Being stuck in a very deep rut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Messy workers, a job was completed very satisfactorily but their cleanup effort was practically nil…. Even got grey paint on a mahogany handrail and a tv frame…

At least they didn't leave a log in the toilet.

When a job is completed on a team effort...huh...well so called team effort..of you wanna call being totally passive a team effort...but you really did all the work but they take all the credit....lol 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I bought a guinness nitrosurger but I can’t get going . Its charged so I don’t know why its not working

The stupid **** Ticketmaster FOMO app/service/complete **** monopoly.

You can even join a queue with it.

How is this monopoly allowed to operate like this I don't know or understand.

It'd be like you had only Air Lingus for flights or Telecom Eireann for phone calls. And then it crashes when you do try to use it. And it's all very suspect how tickets are allocated.

It's a **** joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

This.

Constantly aping Americans and their conspicuous consumption. So much cheap Chinese made plastic shìt strewn around gardens and houses to make them "spooky". The fact that those decorations will not break down for hundreds of years is the really scary thing.

Pumpkin farm 'experiences', more imported US bullshít, all the more maddening when you think that WE actually invented Halloween but abandoned our own traditions. All over Europe they keep their unique seasonal traditions but we dump ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta that the person I knew wasn't enthusiastic about a task, is complaining that they can't get me on the phone outside of the hours I told them to call me. at.

No doubt on Monday there will be a clippy message about how they called and I wasn't there again!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

There was an absolute deluge of rain on my way to the bus stop this morning. Even my jocks are still wet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TBF carving a pumpkin is infinitely easier than carving a turnip

We're talking about a country where the native accents are dying out because everyone talks in a transatlantic accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That I can't point out that there's no i in "catastrophe" in the thread in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I’d thank the person that did, but that would admit I’d been in the thread!

TA I spent the week doing everything but the one thing I needed to do so ended up working late to get that done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My TA is that they did that after I posted here - riding on my coat tails!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement