Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I swear to god, anyone who uses the word "woke" for anything other than to describe emerging from the state of being asleep is being fired into the sun when I finally stage my coup.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Important meeting recently, trying to keep myself presentable in all this inclement weather so big rainjacket and largest golf umbrella I own with me. I get off the LUAS, take 5 steps, stand on a loose paving slab that has a pool of water under it and Squelch!........entire right foot from my shin down is now soaked!

Going to Tesco for a few bits only on a Saturday lunchtime, queue looks busy as hell, so I'll use the 'scan as you shop' thingy. Get to the end and use the designated checkouts only to find out that the machines are down, so everyone who used the scan as you shop thingies now has to form an entirely separate queue while everything in everyone's trolleys gets re-scanned. Takes 3 times as long as it would have if I'd done it the normal way. At least warn people before they end up stuck at the very end.

Needed a new strap for my watch as the silicone one was giving me a rash, searched for "Garmin vivoactive 4 replacement strap" on amazon. Find a canvas one and buy it. When it arrives, it's too small. Go to leave a review and it turns out this is a strap for the vivoactive 3. It only shows up in the search results because it's also suitable for the pebble 4, or samsung watch 4 or something. So while the words all show up in the description, it's useless to me. Raging.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Couldn't agree more.

I'm TA'd that for all of the freedom we have in Europe, so much of the continent persists in using inferior barbarian plugs instead of the superior British plug.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That , somehow , I managed to trip myself up by standing on my left foot with my right one !!!! .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You should have worn both of your left feet and gone dancing! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Went to get my new tattoo today and when I got there the artist wasn't the one I had booked in with and he didn't have the correct design.

Had taken a half day off work and hauled my cookies all the way over to the opposite side of town for it. Not a bit impressed. I'll have my deposit back, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I can’t abide that sort of flakiness. You should put the boot in & give them a one star Facebook / Google review.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Marcus Rashford… anyone supporting Manchester United will know what I mean… often absolutely no end product, often absolutely no football intelligence, no finesse or cutting edge at all … having a typical ‘Rashford’ tonight…. Jesus fück,

• Advertisement

The nonsensical amount of paté versus bread restaurants and bars always give you. No-one could possibly eat that much paté. Could they???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Just spoon the meat paste straight into your mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Getting a complaint from a customer ten days after the 'incident'.

Had a package (that didn't need a signature) that was too big to fit through the letter box, so rang the doorbell, waited 20 seconds, knocked on the door, waited another 20 seconds, but still no reply. Noticed that the door was unlocked, so opened it just wide enough to squeeze my arm and the package through the gap, acknowledged I had done so with 'just dropping your parcel in the door, thanks' before closing the door securely behind me. Literally what I was trained to do in the scenario, and everyone else does.

Said customer was clearly shook by this in the intervening time-frame because they contacted customer service and accused me of trespassing on their property.

But if your that protective of your personal space, a) why leave the front door unlocked, and b) why not at least answer the door when I rang and knocked (he outlined how he heard me putting letters through the box before that so knew I was there. AND I could see him there)?

Ruined my evening, although my boss completely agrees with me.

That Guinness nitrosurge is a load of crap . Charged it and one ( grand) pint then it stopped. Charged it today to white light and had one pint before its stopped . Effing bull

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This morning I was checking Amazon for details of a cable I bought a couple of years ago (21) I noticed there was also a DVD in the order that I had completely forgotten about.

A quick search and there it was still wrapped in cellophane never opened, never mind watched 😀

In mitigation it was a Christmas themed movie bought in May so I probably put it aside and then totally forgot about it. I don't even remember coming across it when rooting for other stuff. TA 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This am a Snippy email from the interim manager, stating how vital it is for the last person to use the water boiler to put more water in it.

The boiler is on a waste high counter and holds a few gallons of water, too high for most staff members to do on their own, but the ta is, that manager is the one who always uses the last of the water and surprise surprise, never tops it up!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who ‘fuss’ endlessly & needlessly over other adults… all because they want to appear nice, appear helpful and boost their own ego / standing … which in the situation I’m relating and just experienced is only stressing people out quite frankly…. Look if people need or want some assistance, they’ll ask…. Relax and enjoy and stop being an overbearing, over attentive annoying fuss-monkey !!!! 🙄

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I washed my rain jacket earlier today, now it's lashing rain and I have to go out 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm from the inner city, that's how I've known it for most of my life, then the media started talking about the north inner city and the south inner city. Fine whatever.

Couple of weeks ago ads for Halloween safety start popping up, now I'm apparently from the "north east inner city"

Somebody is getting paid to come up with this......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got a letter for Jury Duty today

praying it will be a quick one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The reissues of The Beatles Red & Blue compilations

The Record Hub - free shipping on Irish orders over €50

They’ll selling both 2CD sets for €25.95 each.

Or the combined 4CD set with slipcase & exclusive to their site for €49.95

Obviously I’d prefer the latter.

FFS

People who punctuate every single sentence with an exclamation mark! It screams "Like me!" And also "I'm a bit unsure of myself so need everything to look like I'm not quite being serious!"

But it's really annoying! As bad as the lol brigade, imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Nothing like as bad the sign of a nutter. The triple exclamation mark!!! ;-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,912 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Driving into work in the glare of the low hanging winter sun, Polaroid sunglasses are not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

My last post here reminds me of something else that really annoys me!!!

Tautology!

People in the media that say things like

"very unique" - you can't be anymore unique than unique

"singularly unique" - is another common tautology

"first priority" - its a priority of course its first

"he died in a fatal accident" - if it was fatal of course he died

"a new innovation" - an innovation means its new

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭redoctober

A follow-up TA is people who love the most boring mundane corporate career rubbish and try to convince others to love it just the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Booked flights for the mandatory trip home for Christmas to my parents' decomposing house. Wasn't even a viable Aer Lingus option.

Also, this site being a pile of gack again.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Boards glitches for the zillionth time. My OCD is going through the roof with all my followed threads being marked as unread

• Advertisement

I'm surrounded by career people. I'm in a technical role at a University so there's no such thing as progression for people like me. I get to see my colleagues spout all sorts of insipid w*nk on LinkedIn and elsewhere while nothing beyond some vacuous, corporate virtue signalling gets done for me. Super.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement