Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Door slammers. My sister is incapable of closing a door normally. In fact, now that I think of it she can't just open a door like a normal person either, she absolutely bursts into every room.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People who leave all the doors open and the lights on behind them, even when they don't intend to return to those rooms.

I can't abide open doors. My parents, on the other hand, can't seem to abide closed ones. Everything - not just rooms, but breadbin, microwave and cupboards - is left wide open or at least ajar all the time.

God I miss my own space 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m reading the door slammers TA only for one to be slammed here so hard it’s probably compromised the structural integrity of the building….. so my TA too.

the one I’d come to post is that I’m hungry, but tired, I’ve not the energy or endeavour to start cooking.

im going to a shindig tomorrow and we shall be ordering takeaway so not an option really tonight…. I wish I was rich and could press a bell and someone would bring me spaghetti carbonara… dammit 🤪

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

And it looks like f*cking poppy season is approaching.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I have a cat, so I can never close doors. 😆

TA for today: I worked until 5 expecting boss to ring me on something all day. I logged off around 5.15 and then my phone started ringing....I ignored it, let it wait until Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

God I couldn’t live with your parents. I tend to walk , sans stick , in the house. Which means doors, walls and everything is used for holding on to or leaning against . I leant against an unclosed bathroom door and fell over . I was fine but it took a half hour to be back on my feet ! 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tripped on a step going up the stairs in work today while talking to a colleague and now am fairly sure I sprained my wrist doing so. Can barely hold my phone with the affected hand typing this, and its gradually getting more uncomfortable as the night progresses.

Dreading the thought of potential A&E of a bank holiday when I all I wanted was laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

People leaving their DoneDeal ad up when they’ve sold the item. Loads of car sellers do and even edit the ad ‘Sold! Best of luck to the new owner.’

Eff off. Nobody cares. And you’ve wasted my time now too!!!

Bring back charging by the letter like in the days of newspaper classifieds, I say.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is googling a health symptom . I think I need a doctor and its a bank holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I took a big lump of skin off my chin yesterday evening while shaving. It bled like crazy for almost an hour. The bathroom sink resembled a slaughterhouse after I’d finished shaving.

Also I got an email saying my driving test scheduled for next week has been cancelled

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, your car probably needs a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

There is a special version of that of slamming car doors for no reason.

Better than leaving the parcel out in the rain or have it stolen.

TBH, if someone opened my front door (or any door), I'd be pissed off, too. I may have very good reasons for not opening it, e.g. an escaped pet, not being dressed, etc.

Having said that, if I'm expecting something, I usually leave a large shopping bag or a bin bag tied to the external door handle, so the courier or the postman can leave it in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

At least you have that system there (and its great when people think ahead. I love the plastic boxes left outside doors) . The annoying thing is, this person had nothing in place for such an event and complained then when I made sure their parcel was in a safe place. Its not like they weren't expecting the delivery.

TA: went for a bite to eat, car parked about 5 min walk from the restaurant. Chanced not bringing a raincoat as it was grand- bucketing down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I got an email stating that the cancellation was sent in error, so the test is back on 🙌🏻

People who don't know their own car reg, PPS number, phone number etc. I find it bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cities here when public transport provision breaks down of a bank holiday weekend. Buses not appearing and everyone fighting for taxis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What's way worse is poppy gimmickry and poppy facism.

A poppy, on a pizza, really? How crass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

All the mishaps I had yes, when I was trying to tidy my living space. One after another and each more dangerous than the previous one.

Ta when dyspraxia kicks in and that I don't know that till the disasters start happening.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Or the year they did their Leaving Cert (let alone remember their results)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

You should remember the year you did the Leaving but I'd forgive somebody not remembering the results for each subject. Having said that, I remember my exam number from when I did the Inter Cert in 1988.

My trivially annoyance is that I keep "time-travelling" today, thinking it's an hour earlier or later than it actually is. All clocks have been changed, either automatically or manually, so I don't know what's wrong with me.

People who don't snip the stitch at the back of coat/jacket tails. See also stickers on the soles of shoes.

Brilliant

I can recall my LC exam number but not the Inter Cert one. I still know what grades I got in both but am not surprised when others don’t remember their own.

People who say “How’s NewbridgeIR?” rather than “How are you?”

Being unable to get rid of clutter and junk, just in case you need it or will regret getting rid of it. And it just fills up your house and your mind. 😞

Procrastination.

• Advertisement

The satisfaction of eventually using even one of the bits you kept will be immense and will repay you for all the "clutter", as well as giving you "I told you so" rights.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement