Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hope that's not like p*ssing in an iron - thankfully something I haven't heard of happening for a number of years.

Good God no. And also, what kind of people do you associate with?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have to agree . In fairness just because some people have bad experiences it doesn’t mean others cannot celebrate good dads . My dad is long dead but am happy for others who are enjoying their dads today
    You don't see this hostility for Mother's Day either.

There's plenty of good and bad parents of either gender, so let people acknowledge the good ones while they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

New Home wrote: »
    Good God no. And also, what kind of people do you associate with?

Dates back to my student house-share days. We had an impromptu house party once and some guest thought it was a funny joke to take a slash in the iron which was in one of the bedrooms. Nasty.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dates back to my student house-share days. We had an impromptu house party once and some guest thought it was a funny joke to take a slash in the iron which was in one of the bedrooms. Nasty.

Indeed. I hated house sharing, even though it never got that bad, that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

Pissy teapots. Grrr.

???

• Advertisement

Teapots that can't help but cause a spillage every time you pour a cuppa.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/0910.3306.pdf

I've a couple of these, but frankly the sponge gets stained permanently and looks gross, and it's not big enough to absorb more than a few drips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Teapots that can't help but cause a spillage every time you pour a cuppa.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/0910.3306.pdf

I've a couple of these, but frankly the sponge gets stained permanently and looks gross, and it's not big enough to absorb more than a few drips.

I don't think I've ever had a teapot that doesn't :D

Worst Monday in a long time. The irrelevant pretending like they actually like each other small talk in the office by two people who sit near me is not what I want to be listening to this morning. The fact it's annoying me is more to do with me than them but still ugh le yawn le sigh le everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I have come to the conclusion that I need social interactions (as do most humans), I just don't want them. I'm mentally exhausted after spending some time with my husband's extended family yesterday.

Quality vs. quantity, Molly.

• Advertisement

After years of bury my head in the sand training and some careful consideration, I've decided to spend a lot of today hiding in the jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Two hairdresser related TAs.
    Firstly, the music. Why do they always play awful pumping euro pop trash or generic **** like Beyonce. I can't stand it. Play some decent tunes. This isn't Ibiza or Friday night in Coppers.

Secondly, listen to me when I say I'd like to keep the lenght. You may think layers frame my face but they require daily styling and i can't be arsed.
    Why are hairdressers so adverse to the word trim?!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Porklife wrote: »
    Two hairdresser related TAs.
    Firstly, the music. Why do they always play awful pumping euro pop trash or generic **** like Beyonce. I can't stand it. Play some decent tunes. This isn't Ibiza or Friday night in Coppers.

Secondly, listen to me when I say I'd like to keep the lenght. You may think layers frame my face but they require daily styling and i can't be arsed.
    Why are hairdressers so adverse to the word trim?!

I would thank this post a gazillion times if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Knowing that we'll be listening to people talking about Love Island in a few days!

Knowing that we'll be listening to people talking about Love Island in a few days!

And I'd thank this post a million times if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

And I'd thank this post a million times if I could!

Spoil sports..

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thank Christ I am working from home. I permanently lost respect for a number of people in my office 2 years ago when that shyte was on.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Thank Christ I am working from home. I permanently lost respect for a number of people in my office 2 years ago when that shyte was on.

I was surprised that my male colleagues were actually that slightly bit more obsessed with it than with female colleagues.

We had people actively sharing some Love Island game which tells you what person you are like from the show at lunchtime. Needless to say I had a load of solo lunchtime walks to escape it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I didn't know how many times I'm after hearing about love Island today on the radio. Attention seekers whoring themselves out for reality tv is all it is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I didn't know how many times I'm after hearing about love Island today on the radio. Attention seekers whoring themselves out for reality tv is all it is

It's liberating for the wimmen don't you know :rolleyes:

And anyone who criticizes it are toxic :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

:pac: Is it woke to like Love Island or to hate it. I can't keep up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sure it shines a light on domestic violent woman who can get all the sympathy they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No just a bit dim!

I think it's a programme for people who would still like to play with Barbie, Ken, etc but can't.

I thinkk it's a programme for people who eould still like to play with Barbie, Ken, etc but cant

I say most of the contestants have more plastic in them than Barbie or Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA those lists of names people post on Facebook, with headings like "the girls listed here will always make sure it's a wild night out" or "the men listed here will propose to their partner this year" and then you get saddos (usually girls, sorry) tagging their friend saying "oh Stacey look, mitch is gonna propose" or "Tamara, remember that night in 2004 you fell out of the taxi". Poor Mitch, he's squirming now, what's he meant to do?

Antares35 wrote:
    TA those lists of names people post on Facebook, with headings like "the girls listed here will always make sure it's a wild night out" or "the men listed here will propose to their partner this year" and then you get saddos (usually girls, sorry) tagging their friend saying "oh Stacey look, mitch is gonna propose" or "Tamara, remember that night in 2004 you fell out of the taxi". Poor Mitch, he's squirming now, what's he meant to do?

The internet has become an embarrassment to humanity in many ways. :D

The internet has become an embarrassment to humanity in many ways. :D

It is no wonder that aliens have not contacted us tbh. A quick browse of the worlds most popular websites would make them want to put us out of our collective misery by destroying the planet

Pawwed Rig wrote:
    It is no wonder that aliens have not contacted us tbh. A quick browse of the worlds most popular websites would make them want to put us out of our collective misery by destroying the planet

I laughed out loud at this :pac: thanks, I needed a laugh today.

I was TA'd on the drive home today by a stupid driver who was completely in the wrong shaking his head at me as if I was the one in the wrong (and I mean no debating it, he was 100% in the wrong). I annoyed myself even more by allowing it to annoy me after the fact when it doesn't really matter. :D

• Advertisement

Maybe that's what saved us, they're looking for signs of intelligent life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement