Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Starters and desserts in restaurants that are €10 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

For a dirty shithole of a country, we sure like charging extortionate prices for our shite food and shite hotels.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That reminds me of an episode of Fr. Ted, for some reason... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Was in the office at 8 this morning so I'm flipping starving by now and it's still way too early for lunch.

Also, should have been able to finish at 4 as I started early but I've a client call from 4-5 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I remember sneaking out of the house to tap on the window , saying “let me in “. Just to freak my brothers out 😷

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The Master never hit the mark, but the rest of the film holds up. Enough with the remakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sadly a lot of degenerative brain illnesses in the elderly also cause a negative personality shift. There's an old guy near me who seemed cranky and short tempered twenty years ago, and has only gotten worse as the dementia has progressed.

While on the topic - be sure to get enough sleep! : https://www.monash.edu/news/articles/improving-deep-sleep-may-prevent-dementia,-study-finds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Parking in Parent and Child parking spaces - probably for the nth time.

Looked out of the front window at Lidl today and an old guy I know has his van parked in a Parent and Child parking space outside the in carpark.

Now thats not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but he was sat reading the paper and wasn't even doing any shopping in Lidl (he randomly parks up and reads the paper). Also I'd chatted to him previously when he was doing the same thing and agreed he shouldn't be using the Parent and Child parking space.

Anyway he's off my Christmas card list.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Woke up cold the night before last, so I dragged out my heavy bedding.

Trying to save money on the bills and the weather being kaka, I have draped the bedding over frames/chairs in various rooms taking advantage of the central heating in that room.

Now each room feels like I'm back in the old days, when drying washing in front of a fire or when I was trying to keep work clothes from going damp in a one-room bedsit!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Women who do their make-up on the bus. I will never, ever get my head around why you'd want the world and its mother looking at you putting your face on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The way certain airlines apply charges to your credit card.....

Booked a return trip with Ryanair for 3 people, bought seats etc........ 1 transaction on credit card for total cost of trip. Grand.

Booked a 1 way trip (involving a stopover) with SAS for the same 3 people, bought seats for each leg etc... 9 separate transactions on credit card... (3 flight tickets separated out, and 6x seat fee's separated out totalling 9 transactions!!) FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When the **** is hitting the fan and you just want it all to stop and you say something that just makes things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Must be a long bus journey if we're talking about Irish women.

My make-up takes me 10 minutes. Which is why I can't understand why they don't just do it at home or when they get into work.

Trying to find a shop or a business by their number on the street. Why oh why are people so allergic to putting their fcuking number on their door or shopfront???

Isn't that part of the reason for our unique Eircodes? Even most houses in a numbered estate don't have numbers.

Anyway my trivial annoyance of the day, a guy bought some stuff off me on adverts. Met up locally and he paid the €10 in one euro coins.

Then, mid stroke someone will ask them to move or stop moving their arms around "like that".

Ta that I cant seem to be able to put my powder spf on while sitting on a bus without someone getting in my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're having a stove fitted.

Our house is more of a mess than usual.

I couldn't find the normal long sleeve shirt I'd wear to work just a t-shirt.

I couldn't find the jumper I wanted and I pulled one from the back of the wardrobe.

I got to work realised it smells a bit musty.

So, I took it off and I'm freezing.

When you are on the bus and you need to go for a pee.

Why there is hardly any public shelter or seating from the elements, especially rain, except some bus stops here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

1. Cos we don't look after nice things.

2. Cos someone always complains ie they don't want a shelter blocking view from their house.

No this crap has been going on forever way way before Eircodes, and Eircodes/Google maps are not always correct either.

Businesses and home owners should be forced to have a number displayed. I like the standard blue and white ones you'd find in France. I'd put the not putting up numbers down to laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

If anything, Eircode would help with the problem because it contains the door number of the business in the description and the location on the map, even if the business owner doesn't have the door number physically on display.

My trivial annoyance is that the two other people in my department are locked out of our SAP system so I have to do everything. I don't mind that too much, but what gets to me is one colleague in particular who is using the time to watch TikTok videos with the sound on, and laughing along...and it's driving me mad! You've got headphones so use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seen my first christmas ad on tv last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I saw one on Wednesday, the M&S ad. It's a bit anti-Christmas which isn't a bad thing but it's still a Christmas ad. (Some people aren't happy with it, apparently.)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

can't remember which shop it was for. it had Dawn french as a fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,639 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I like the Beatles but the dishonest fawning in new media and old, over this 'new' Beatles song, is annoying. To me is just a cleaned up John Lennon solo demo. An OK song. Not much different to the original, and even so removed the best bit of the demo.

A long time ago John Lennon said of the Beatles "We were just a band that made it very very big"

But now I think think that could be paraphrased into "The Beatles are a BRAND that made it very very big".

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Another parking one today. Boils my p!ss.

Delivery driver parked on area marked as no parking with cross hatching almost on top of a pelican crossing, bumper just over the crossing.

Result was I saw two young kids nearly get run over because a car approaching the crossing couldn't see them. Is it so difficult to obey the rules and illegally park 3 meters back from a crossing (think RoTR say 3meters from crossing?).

The healthcare providers who assume that an elderly patient has mobile data!

• It's needed to get into the centre for their treatment, no-budge when they were informed that the patient didn't have access to mobile data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My memory. I woke this morning knowing I had something to do. I remembered at 11 o'clock.

When it was much too late to get a DR's appointment.

So another 4 days of stomach pain. 😡

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement