Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Leaving an electric heater on by accident overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

That's you in 25 layers for the rest of November.... electric heater privileges revoked!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jeepers, that'd even worse than the immersion...

I know. My brain is too full of noise to think clearly, currently surviving via auto pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Selfish sh*tebags who wont move on footpaths.

See how the path is two people wide and you're both walking shoulder to shoulder? I really dont want to disturb your obviously critically important conversation, so shall i jump in front of heavy traffic or into a thorny hedge? God forbid one of you step behind the other for six seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

A few weeks ago, one morning when I was getting ready for work, I went into the kitchen thinking that it was slightly warmer than usual but I couldn't think why. Just before leaving for work, I went back into the kitchen, felt the slight heat again, and realised that I had left a ring from the cooker 'on' at the lowest setting, too low from there to be any glow from the ring but still 'on'. I had been using it to make my dinner...13 hours previously. 😳

Just stop and let them walk around you. Also say hello too, because they are too far up their own asses that they don't do greetings either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Is it a plug in one? Might be worth getting a wifi plug. We've them and they are great , you can set them to turn off at a certain time. Also dead handy if you're like me and get "the fear" that's something is left plugged in as you can check from your phone.

Or else maybe an old fashioned plug timer.

Yep, it's plugin and I have a timer switch. It does turn off when the room reaches a desired temp. Will use the timer in future as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My Dad worked for most of his life for a semi state body…. Every year for Christmas up to the pandemic the semi state always put on a nice multi course dinner and after party for retirees… over 100 people would go…For decades this was a thing.

it was naturally shelved during covid. September came around this year and someone in the organisation has the unfortunate task of sending the retirees a letter…. “ due to financial restrictions, there will be no more Xmas party for the foreseeable .”

for the new CEO who canceled this, for the couple of years he’s been there he has had a dreadful relationship and toxic rapport with current staff, he’s now going a ways to alienate the retirees… a lot of the old timers live far and wide away from each other, all over Leinster and further afield and it was generally the only organised opportunity for everyone to catch up….due to the prevalent senior ages many don’t engage in social media…. It would cost a few grand but a once a year thing for an organisation with annually a budget close to or over 200 million ..…. It’s a little bit spiteful to say the least but the guy from what current info tells us, a bit like that….

• Advertisement

Reminds me ....

I work for a small multinational in high tech. Our Christmas party last year was a cheap pub get together with snack food and 2 drink vouchers, with something similar before covid.. and a 25 quid meal voucher once during covid.

In all the companies I've worked in, this is the most miserable company with respect to Xmas parties. Or any kind of office entertainment to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

On the subject of Xmas parties - there is no way in hell I would go to my work party but you still have to endure the emails, invites and all the "office bants" for the next few weeks

The hot takes by various commentators in Irish print media on trivial matters, a week or two after an event has happened. It's cosy, pointless journalism, after the ship has sailed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Plough straight through them. I've done it numerous, times feels great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

How I was totally unaware that aurora borealis could be seen the last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People who make phone calls while Im talking to them about something they would if they were listening, think is vital.

No doubt it will all by my fault when it all hits the fan.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Following a request, I sent an email to a specific health care provider, followed a week later by txt to text no, no response to either and its annoying me hugely.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm worse, I was aware of it but too much light pollution around and couldn't be bothered taking a spin to somewhere darker 😕

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Drivers who tap the brakes every few minutes for no apparent reason whatsoever. Bonus points if it's on the M50 and causes everyone behind them to slam on in a panic 🙄 (brake-light over-reactors are a TA in themselves).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

As far as I can tell from twitter... it's mostly not visible without cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That Wokism of the Day is gone, a fun thread supposed to lampoon over the top wokisms, two here anyhow:

You're a big racist if you wear second hand clothes: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/clothing-racism-trad-wife-fred-perry-b2426590.html

Making a big deal about not "choking" a cartoon character: https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/nov/07/homer-strangle-bart-simpsons

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

OMG, like, what about Tom, Jerry, and the skillets to the face?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Customer Service RIP…. It’s fûcking dead… retailers just hiring brain dead gimp children….with zero communication or comprehension abilities.

I contact now a retailer for fragrances….I enquire if they stock the original Paco Rabanne ‘XS’ fragrance..

Them ” yeah we do yeah, in the green bottle yeah, it’s €107.99 yeah “ Me “ No not that one, it’s the grey glass bottle with gold top “

Them “ that’s not the original then yeah “ Me “ erm, yes it is actually “

they still insist that I’m wrong which incidentally I’ve double verified now I’m not…..

and why are retailers hiring gimps who in addition to their stupidity and lack of comprehension, hiring people who cannot formulate a properly constructed and professional sentence….. that every sentence has to have the word ‘ yeah ‘ at the end of it…

“ goin on me break yeah”, “there’s yer change yeah”, “no we don’t have that yeah”, “ thanks yeah “….. 👀 huh ? The fûck is that about ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nonsense on the radio like the Nova noise or what Lucy said to Colm. Loada shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Roadworks... one lot finished and now another starting up .

Every week a road / path is being dug up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Gotta spend that surplus before the end of the year. But don’t put any planning into it, resurface roads that are find and leave potholed ones alone.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

That's it.. Every year the same . just after schools start back it begins, Town in chaos today

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

ffs dont talk about roadworks! the last year theyve had the main road dug up..new footpaths,new drains,new everything,traffic is a disaster,turned a 20-30 minute spin to work into near an hour,every time it looks like theyre done another major excavation opens up...although on the plus side today traffic backed up in a snarl,workers are trying to move a big 50ton digger along comes a gobdaw on his bicycle trying to squeeze himself between the digger,a concrete truck and a tarmac laying machine...the roars out of the roadworkers were priceless!!!the best,i think,was "hey,you,stupid,get you,your skinny fcukin arse,your stupid fcukin head and the fcukin daft pedal yoke out to fcuk from my building site ya fcukin turnip!!!" was worth the 25 minute delay today to hear that 😁 does the fact that i was disgruntled but became rather gruntled cancel out the annoyance?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Another employee here in canteen playing some religious music at full volume. Fit to lose it🥴🥴

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

The shop assistant and the customer in front on me in the supermarket today live in the same estate ( I gathered from their conversation), the assistant glared at me when I came to the till as she was conversing with the other customer and helping her to slowly pack her bags. After a conversation about the neighbours WhatsApp group which the customer didn't know about they then discussed how many vouchers she would have received if she had spent another 16e on the shopping...AFTER THIS DISCUSSION she decided to root around for her card to pay and use up her existing vouchers. I was on my way to work, not running late but not having an endless amount of time to spare. When I eventually got to put my 5 items through the assistant was definitely curt as if I had interrupted a bonding session...no platitudes and tbh I couldn't give a ×××× but seriously it did annoy me. It seems to be common place these days, you just have to wait until someone actually wants to do their job and take your money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement