Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My soundbar seems to have died. A respected brand but bottom of the range model. Have it a good while.

Extra TA trawling through the menus of the TV to turn back on its own speakers 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Or people talking real loudly on their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't even mind that as long as they have their phone to their ears like normal people. But the "I'm gonna use it like a walkie talkie" brigade can get in the fcuking sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

im thanking that x10090 ^^^ absolute cûntish carryon.

my TA…bad communications again…

sent the last WhatsApp in a conversation to this person at 18.45 yesterday… they reply at 21.01 today

so I have to quickly scan the last few messages to remind myself of the gist of the conversation before carrying on again…

it wasn’t even me who contacted them initially so…. Why are so many people with all the various apps and tools at their disposal, so unbelievably shït at communicating ? Me don’t get it….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Did something this morning that I haven’t done since the 1980s.

Slam the front door on my fingers. Hurts just as much now as it did then.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This morning one single juvenile magpie* landed on a branch above my head making a racket at me for the longest time. Then crows joined in. Then other birds started calling out in alarm.

I may have turned into a bird of ill omen without realising it.

*I did salute it, just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

******* click bait article links that contain

"may suprise you"

**** off.

Automated spam/phishing calls with robotic voices on 085 numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My 2 sisters can't decide where is the best place to hold a conversation. The result is we have half a conversation on Whatsapp, half on Messenger and an extra bonus half on Snapchat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

That deserves a thread of its own.

If you are referring to youtube then it creates more trivially annoyance for me than almost anything else I can think of.

Luckily I haven't seen it in ages but the grinning face of "Mr Beast" and his pointless clickbait videos all with clickbait titles can almost ruin my day. Stuff along the lines of "I paid ONE MILLION DOLLARS to eat gold plated dog sh!te"

"99% of people don't know this" f* off I can't always be the 1%

"Yet another rescued animal that no one cared about" - but you cared enough to film it!

"Impossible anything" - we know you've just done it anyway.

"Anything you won't believe exists" - look we know it does so why are you pretending otherwise?

And I've not even mentioned the really annoying fake videos like how you can build a luxury swimming pool in the middle of the jungle with nothing more than a pointy stick and a bucket with a broken handle.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Black Friday

Starts a week before Black Friday

And Cyber ******* Monday

Best to exhale and watch the FOMO drift past.

When you finish work work and have house work todo.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Mod - Post deleted. Warning applied.

Take such bile elsewhere, preferably away from boards altogether.

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have one mate that refuses to use any online messaging apps at all. He only communicates through text. Trying to organise group activities is a complete pain in the arse

Anyone ever walk into a cafe or restaurant and get stared at by people for having the temerity to sit at the table next to them? Even when there's literally no other tables or seats available it happens. I'm noticing this a lot these days. Extremely rude behaviour. If you're going to act like that, don't go out in public. It's a free country and I can sit where I like.

Then they go beet red when I mutter "what the f is your problem [expletive]" under my breath loud enough for them to hear and they have to sit there all awkward with their mouth quivering for the rest of their meal.

If you want me to move or want to ask a waiter or waitress to switch tables, then say something and don't be staring like a toddler when you're a grown adult.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sorry but why is that such a problem? Isn't WA, Telegram, etc., just another form of texting?

I'd be like your friend, TBH, but I do use Skype from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When you are trying to organise a group of people it is quite convenient when they can all contribute to the same conversation. Somebody has to have a side conversation with him over text and report back with what he said. An absolute pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Stupid time zones . LasVegas GP at 6am tomorrow.

I turned on ‘the Conners’ . Its Rosanne Barr , except the characters are 30 years older , and no Roseanne . Pure dung

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

I bought a pair of shoes a few days ago which I had to exchange due to a manufacturing error in the heel. The shop assistant and manager tried to convince me they can't accept them back because I had already worn them outside and any returns had to be in a resalable condition. I managed to convince them that a shoe with a manufacturing error should not be sold again to another customer so the fact that they were worn outside is irrelevant. I stood my ground and eventually got my exchange but I could have done without all that nonsense.

Insomnia, 5.26am…

im not overthinking anything….I’m not worried about anything…. I had a busy week….I can hear a pin drop its so damn quiet

but I’m fûcking wide awake and it’s grrrrrrrrrr

I’ve been awake all night and have a delivery coming . I am so ready for bed 😡

Speaking of delivery. I got one, well let’s not call it a delivery, it was a drop.

Am**on…. I’m expecting a delivery tomorrow. I get a message informing me that my package has been delivered today. I haven’t signed for anything nor has the doorbell been rang.

there is a photo of the ‘delivery’ … ie. the package is left, on the ground, outside, at my door, it’s November, it’s absolutely pissing down with rain…. There is zero security… so…. Wtf ? Couriers as long as I’ve been using their services, ring a doorbell, get a recipient to sign and hand the delivery and go. Deliver does not equal drop !

now it seems, regardless of weather , security, or any other factors it’s acceptable to throw it on the ground outside the customers door.

customer service, cop on and consideration in the world of business is history…. Greedy, careless, thick cuñts..😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭RickBlaine

I live in an apartment on a street in a postcode in Dublin and there is another street with the same name in a completely different Dublin postcode. A few months ago I got a notification from Amazon to say that my package had been delivered. No sign of it anywhere. It turns out that the courier left the package in the garden of a house on that other road with the same house number as my apartment number despite about three other lines of the address AND THE EIRCODE being totally different. So if my apartment is 10 River Apartments, Main Street, Dublin 7, the idiot courier left it in the garden of 10 Main Street, Dublin 16. The only reason I know about this is because the owner of the house very kindly drove to my address to give me my delivery.

I complained to Amazon who tried to explain that the courier is new in the job. You don't need to be an experienced courier to read a f*cking address. I now add a delivery note insisting on hand-delivery to every order.

Going out for a dinner later that I've been looking forward to for *weeks*, so of course I burnt the roof of my mouth during breakfast 😭😭😭

That I’m hanging out for bed but it’s too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Last week ordered €200 euro worth of car parts from Micks Garage they arrived Friday. Now Monday they send me an email announcing 20% of car parts :-(

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

No more in the humour of work today. Just want to curl up on the couch with my book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement