Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Gardaí social media making a big song and dance about guards on trains during Operation Insert Cool Name Here.

Knee jerk PR stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The mutt barking like a Hellhound at a cat in our backyard at 4.50am this morning, 50 minutes before I was due to get up for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The YouTuber one on I'm a celebrity.

There are a few others but she's the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

captchas

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ThePentagon

When tv programmes and documentaries unnecessarily provide subtitles for someone speaking relatively clear English (to my ears anyhow).

Indeed I find the subtitles a bit distracting and sometimes I end up closing my eyes and listening to the speech instead.

It used to be just the odd American programme that did it but I notice it creeping into UK shows. God forbid people engage their brains a little...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's the people with perfectly fine hearing who watch everything with subtitles on that I can't understand. I know so many people who do and I'll never understand it. I find them so, so distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Dark, dull days, except when I'm driving. Then the sun is glaring like it's about to implode.

At this rate I'll have cataracts before spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Politician talking on radio yesterday evening re sentencing for murder in Ireland and different degrees to determine sentence

Spoke about Aishling Murphy case as being particularly bad, as it wasnt' just about Aishling but her family life being changed and her boyfriends

Surely every murder victim leaves somebody who loved them behind.

Also absolutely no disrespect to the Murphy family but why do media always give Aishling's career when talking about her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Her career feeds into the sweet, innocent virginal character.

Upstanding hard-working citizen, looking after children, giving back to the community.

Her murder was absolutely horrific. The way she has been used as a "poster girl" from the beginning has never really sat well with me. The fact that she is stunning looking certainly doesn't hinder the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Mod - Post deleted. Warning applied.

You've already been warned about this kind of posting, anymore and its thread ban.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody messes up your plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Until I started posting in this thread I never realised how many things Trivially Annoyed me.

Today its the local Hunt. They know full well they have no permission from any of the landowners around me to hunt on the land, but of course the hounds don't know that and are chasing around the valley barking as I speak.

Thats not a big deal but because we have chickens and Guinea Fowl out in the fields up above us I have to stay in to make sure they are OK. The hounds are normally OK with chickens but you never know.

Next to annoy me will be the local foxes. The hunt will have moved them around off their usual territories so now we'll get more trouble from them. They usually know to keep away because the Guinea Fowl chase them off and soon learn coming close to the house will get a dog chasing them off.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Applied for some positions in Germany and the Netherlands. Automated rejections across the board.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Lads too cheap to buy tickets to the football tonight begging for free tickets on YBIG and Reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People who talk loudly in hotel corridors after 11 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Saw a pair of nice limited edition charcoal Converse a couple of months back I very much liked, had 3 other pairs so said I’d wait, stupidly.

found a rip in a pair now, went to replace them with the nice pair I saw but my size is out of stock everywhere, online anyway…AND they are half price on footlocker and i really fûcking wanted them they are probably the nicest pair I’ve seen… TA’d at myself for not just ordering them I had and have the cash… I guess in my head just didn’t justify more footwear, fûck it. Silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Just moved house and the crap you have to go through through for changing addresses is unreal. For some you need a bill with the new address but most things won't give you a bill in a month which is not soon enough. It's likes a paradox.

I'm wrecked and just want to sleep but can't because I feel like no one else will put anything away. Already having to pick up after others and I just snapped tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The fûck is it about Irish football teams and conceding late goals ?

Under 21’s beyond panicky in that last 6/7 minutes, I called it here,” we are gonna concede “ it just looked a formality, 3 minutes later 😵‍💫….. you could smell the fear…. And another referee giving us SFA.

then Ireland seniors blessed not to lose at the Aviva… against fûcking New Zealand…played off the pitch for a lot of the contest….New Zealand…. Stephen Kenny finished and looking embarrassed and like he couldn’t wait to get out of there after having thought it was a good idea to do a lap of dishonour to a practically empty stadium at the end, mad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

When an app's update "What's New" says "Bug fixes and improvements" but it's actually just a way to cram even more ads in.

When you can't tell if laundry is still slightly damp, or just cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Nothing on telly so I put on Rambo , Last Blood. Sly really looks his age .

The amount of people on the bus bundled up as if they're summiting Everest. It's 13 degrees, ffs, a jacket'll do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Tried on a coat in a shop the other day, put my hands in the coat pockets to see if they're warm and felt something inside one of the pockets - a used tissue 🤮

Some people are truly disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It would be all forgotten in days by media if the victim was any other female in any other social class and the court case would be relegated to a small column in the middle pages. It was weird of media to be digging up baby pics and graduation pics of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

The fact my 2 office colleagues whistle regularly and are quite good in that I can recognize the tune but its getting quite annoying now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭jacool

Got COVID and flu jabs yesterday.

Today, aches allover, head boiling and body freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Went to the cinema just there and the screen was slightly crooked, not enough to effect the film but just enough to irk me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

A girl I know who is a carer got both, one in each arm on the same day because she needed to because of work. Then had to have two weeks off as she couldn't move either arm. Effects everyone differently.

Wake me up when it's all over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement