Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I laughed out loud at this :pac: thanks, I needed a laugh today.

I was TA'd on the drive home today by a stupid driver who was completely in the wrong shaking his head at me as if I was the one in the wrong (and I mean no debating it, he was 100% in the wrong). I annoyed myself even more by allowing it to annoy me after the fact when it doesn't really matter. :D

Needs a post here https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/117441526

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Terry..

Drone flew over my head tonight

Thought it was a hornet's nest approaching

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

After years of bury my head in the sand training and some careful consideration, I've decided to spend a lot of today hiding in the jacks.

I used to book an empty meeting room and go and sit in it by myself for an hour to get away from the small talk in a previous job. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I used to book an empty meeting room and go and sit in it by myself for an hour to get away from the small talk in a previous job. :D

I avoid the canteen and the tea room like the plague at work for this reason :D I'm not sure what they done with the acoustics but ever since they renovated the canteen at work it seems to be about three times as loud in there for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Trainee hairdressers looking for "models"
    One of them looking for someone to let them do what ever the hell they want [me].
    I fancy a change and am not to pushed on colour or cut so i offered my services.Sent her the pic and everything.

She comes back and says what she wants to do my hair isnt suitable.
    Bollix thats not what she said in the ad.
    Its because she thinks im too old [im 48].

Its really annoyed me becasue im reliable and im basically what shes looking for.But its her loss,hope whoever she gets lets her down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chatting in the car with one of my sibs about the NMH controversy. Both she and I have lifelong gynae issues as we weren't allowed the correct treatment for these issues in our teens, so we have strong feelings on all issues of this nature

The driver(who thinks he is an expert on women) is a staunch catholic, butted in and said "its a healthcare issue, the nuns or priests shouldn't be anywhere near this"

Gobsmacked, I asked him why he thought that, he said x on google box said it all the time!

While Im delighted he's on board, but after years of open discussions with the rest of the family about this and other girly issues, google box changes his mind. Goggle box!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Bredabe wrote: »
    Chatting in the car with one of my sibs about the NMH controversy. Both she and I have lifelong gynae issues as we weren't allowed the correct treatment for these issues in our teens, so we have strong feelings on all issues of this nature

The driver(who thinks he is an expert on women) is a staunch catholic, butted in and said "its a healthcare issue, the nuns or priests shouldn't be anywhere near this"

Gobsmacked, I asked him why he thought that, he said x on google box said it all the time!

While Im delighted he's on board, but after years of open discussions with the rest of the family about this and other girly issues, google box changes his mind. Goggle box!!!!!!!!
    At least there's finally something positive to say about Goggle Box! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Windows seems to have decided I'm German today. The weather will be "Meist sonnig".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Windows seems to have decided I'm German today. The weather will be "Meist sonnig".

Well your name is Blitzkrieger. Sounds german to me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

At least its meist sonnig and not viel regen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,732 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

At work, they've outsourced certain things to a large contractor called Sodexo. There's a Spanish girl who walks around spray the doors to the offices and labs. I always thank her for it when she passes ours.

Today, I noticed she had another tatoo so I thought I'd ask her about it. She thought I was asking about covid vaccines so she said she'd had her first. Not sure how that happened but fair enough.

See her again later and I asked where she's from. She says Cadiz. It seems her English isn't great and the masks don't exactly helped. I said she really likes her tatoos. She responded saying one thing and then another and before I know it she's on about General Franco of all things. No idea what I said to prompt that but I left it there.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

My own clumsiness, I have a sore mouth now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

At work, they've outsourced certain things to a large contractor called Sodexo. There's a Spanish girl who walks around spray the doors to the offices and labs. I always thank her for it when she passes ours.

Today, I noticed she had another tatoo so I thought I'd ask her about it. She thought I was asking about covid vaccines so she said she'd had her first. Not sure how that happened but fair enough.

See her again later and I asked where she's from. She says Cadiz. It seems her English isn't great and the masks don't exactly helped. I said she really likes her tatoos. She responded saying one thing and then another and before I know it she's on about General Franco of all things. No idea what I said to prompt that but I left it there.

4cb693ea35cf78699b0cf8adaeb1c097b1496ee9d1e3a9344bbd7f0d6e633398.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Billie Eilish in the news apologising for something she did when she was 13.

FFS it is getting ridiculous now. She was a child. Hardly a shocker that children say stupid things it.

When I was a child we didn't catch a tiger by the toe. Should I go on twitter and apologise?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

When I was a child we didn't catch a tiger by the toe. Should I go on twitter and apologise?

There's a trigger tiger joke in here somewhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Billie Eilish in the news apologising for something she did when she was 13.

FFS it is getting ridiculous now. She was a child. Hardly a shocker that children say stupid things it.

Thank feck - I've been wanting to ask mates if I was the only one but, y'know, how would that even become part of a conversation...

Anyway, with s'lebs it's almost now a case of having to proactively apologise retroactively.

We're now in a culture where the same people who chastise people for improperly referring to how people currently prefer to be called are the same people who dig up peoples' historical-, -now-improper actions/thoughts/words.

How soon before parents are cancelled?

It is what it's.

Porklife wrote: »
    <snip>

Secondly, listen to me when I say I'd like to keep the lenght. You may think layers frame my face but they require daily styling and i can't be arsed.
    Why are hairdressers so adverse to the word trim?!

One trims a bush, dear. A word which you may not yet have noticed many hairdressers are averse to :pac:

It is what it's.

Football on BBC One, football on BBC2, football on ITV, football on ITV2, football on RTÉ 2, football on breakfast television, football on lunchtime news, footballer interviews on daytime telly, football on evening news, football recap at midnight...

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

No football on channel 4 :(

NewRed2 wrote:
    No football on channel 4

:D

• Advertisement

<snip>My 'maid of honour' is a different story. The few times I've asked her opinion of something she has an excuse why she can't answer right now. My heart is broke trying to find the right dress for her. I suggested we go to a few shops and asked when would suit. No joy. So I sent her a link to a website and asked her to pick any style in the colour I'm going for. No response.</snip>

Sounds like she doesn't deserve the role, tbh. You're gonna be worried about her on the day too, so it's doubly unfair on yourself.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Scotland are out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

oneweb wrote: »
    Thank feck - I've been wanting to ask mates if I was the only one but, y'know, how would that even become part of a conversation...

Anyway, with s'lebs it's almost now a case of having to proactively apologise retroactively.

We're now in a culture where the same people who chastise people for improperly referring to how people currently prefer to be called are the same people who dig up peoples' historical-, -now-improper actions/thoughts/words.

How soon before parents are cancelled?

They'll be called apparents, then. :D

Something that really make me roll my eyes was Hank Azaria apologising for being Apu's voice. I could understand if the Simpsons only made fun of that character, but they don't spare any stereotype. Not one of the characters was spared. And that's without even mentioning all the Simpsons' holidays abroad...

So, the French are supposed to be offended for stuff like 'Allo 'Allo, the Italians for all the mafia stereotypes and the Dolmio ads, the Germans for stuff like this:

The Spanish for the half moon Jaffa cakes ad, and so on and so forth.

Sometimes a joke is just a joke, I doubt that everyone that's laughing isn't conscious of the fact that they're laughing at a stereotype and not to an accurate or willingly offensive representation of reality, and those who do laugh because it makes them feel superior, well, they have enough problems of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

My newborn babys nursery is adorned with sleeping teddy bears and stars. His little moses basket is encassed with velvet and has adorable pictures of hot air balloons drifting above fluffy clouds. Sweet cherubs dance and sprinkle moondust on his forehead but just as i kiss his chubby cheeks goodnight...sweet lord above.
    Satan suddenly takes over the apartment and you'd swear im murdering the child.
    Eardrums shattered.
    They make everything to do with babies look so sweet and peaceful but christ on a bike, the reality is a wake up call..literally.
    I'd love to be a baby..you get to ly around all day drinking warm milk farting!
    TA - youth is wasted on the young:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My newborn babys nursery is adorned with sleeping teddy bears and stars. His little moses basket is encassed with velvet and has adorable pictures of hot air balloons drifting above fluffy clouds. Sweet cherubs dance and sprinkle moondust on his forehead but just as i kiss his chubby cheeks goodnight...sweet lord above.
    Eardrums shattered.
    They make everything to do with babies look so sweet and peaceful but christ on a bike, the reality is a wake up call..literally.

That's how they lure you in.
    Once I he darlings are here,it's a different story🀣
    Who needs sleep and showers.
    And the worst thing,the thing no one ever warns you about.
    Is never having a hot beverage ever again.
    Only half mugs of lukewarm dregs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

"Vitamin Sea".

It's getting old and boring now.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Milkman didn't arrive this morning. He usually comes at 7. I waited until 9, and then had to go out to get milk for my breakfast.

When I came back from the shop, the milk was sitting at my door.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,732 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

oneweb wrote: »
    Football on BBC One, football on BBC2, football on ITV, football on ITV2, football on RTÉ 2, football on breakfast television, football on lunchtime news, footballer interviews on daytime telly, football on evening news, football recap at midnight...

I live beside the f*cking stadium.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Eardrums shattered.

Plus you will never ,ever ,sleep properly again. ...for the rest of your life ..:pac:

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Plus you will never ,ever ,sleep properly again. ...for the rest of your life ..:pac:

Yup.

We got one that played an even crueller trick..she went the night early on and at one point was doing 11 hours straight. Oh how we chuckled as we smugly skulled wine for two hours*, knowing we could still sleep for nine. So we weren't too bothered when we found out there was another on the way. Sure what could possibly go wrong. Teeth, that's what went wrong. Now we get three hours straight on a good night, and there's another en route who will, all things going well, also develop teeth! At least if the first had been a nightmare from day one, we'd have been a bit more careful about a second!

*This might be an exaggeration.

Also TA, one of my cats did a death stare pose this morning when I checked him.. literally sitting in bed completely still and unblinking. He didn't move until I poked him. Genuinely thought he had died sitting up. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement