Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Idiot cyclists with no hi-viz vests and no lights, dressed in dark clothes while cycling along a busy road in the dark and idiot drivers overtaking them on bends by invading the other side of the road, with no indicators either, while there's incoming traffic.

Also, idiot pedestrians also with no hi-viz clothing and no lights, dressed in dark clothes while walking along a busy road in the dark. I saw one last night because I spotted his ankles moving, silhouetted against the line by the verge. He was even wearing a dark camouflage hoodie.

Do you have a death wish, or what?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Pulled out of the local Lidl this morning and nearly ran a cyclist over. Would have totally been my fault but when you are looking for a gap in the traffic to turn left you don't expect to turn into a trick cyclist pedaling at you on the wrong side of the road.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In agreement with that just wondering what a trick cyclist is..

My own TA is being blinded by bad placed/levelled lights on pretty much anything on the road, the amount of times I been semi blinded by the same is ridiculous

Anyone know if there's a vehicle out there that self levels for speed ramps?

He had to be a trick cyclist to pull a stunt like that. It took me a while to pull out and last time I checked to my left there were no cars there and the cyclist was on the other side of the road. He obviously saw the gap the same as I did and pulled across on the wrong side of the road to take the shortest line into the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I must get mine but I usually get notified around this time .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

People pretending they need glasses for the head-to-head round on The Chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

To be honest I'd rather not get the COVID one but have to think of others.

The flu one I'll always get.

Never had it until I got a really bad flu in 2018 so I started getting it after that and haven't even had a sniffle since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

With the move I've been drive back and forth between houses and every trip there is something. I've noticed prople just pulling out in front of cars causing me to hit the breaks, either without looking for giving the wave that thinks the are absolved of dangerous driving. Same with pedestrians just walking out onto the road.

TA is every time I'm putting in a passwork that I have to read while typing, at the end I find that I haven't clicked into the password area and have to start all over again.

• no cos they’d be the first to be outraged if you nearly hit them.. they’re just stupid people with no consideration or sense

My favourite is people walking in front of traffic when there's a pedestrian crossing a few yards away from them.

• Advertisement

Nah the really worst thing pedestrians do is start off walking on the crossing then take a diagonal off it rather than staying on the crossing.

And....... worse still and very trivially annoying is when you stop for a cyclist who then mounts and instead of crossing the road pedals off down it.

.... I must go and take some of my happy tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Walking behind your car as you're reversing.

Walking either side of your car as you're trying to park between cars in a carpark.

I think people just want to be hit!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Across the head with a cast iron skillet*, preferably.

(*©®™ Tom & Jerry (et al.))

• Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I see your pedestrians and cyclists and raise you muppets on escooters (again!).

Coming to the end of the footpath and have to cross the road to get to the footpath on the other side? No problem, sure just tootle on without bothering to check and expect all traffic to stop, even when they have a green light.

Want to go out at night? No problem, sure wear your darkest clothes.

Want to scroll on your phones while tootling along? No problem, sure why would you need to look at the road?

Want to tootle along the footpath but then have to move because of pedestrians? No problem, sure just scoot out onto the road there and all other traffic will magically part as if you're Moses at the Red Sea.

These muppets and their escooters should be blasted to a black hole in a far away galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I opened the last bag of meanies from a multipack and they were stale. There must have been a hole in the bag.

Been a while since I got seven in a six-pack. A feeling only rivaled by getting two packets of football stickers free in a cereal box instead of wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think or am pretty sure my lovely and brilliant Sony headphones are broken… I hope I’m imagining it…I think I’m not.

went to the gym, they were grabbed by my cousin to take out for me, they lifted their arm quickly to turn off the light with their elbow with lots of stuff being carried too, as they lifted their arm, case with my headphones flys out of the grasp, up over their head and down onto the ground… the most bizarre situation, yes they are in a protective case but not meant to be fûcked up in the air and let fall onto the ground.

on the treadmill and every time my left foot strikes the deck there is ever so slightly a click or crack and change in the volume for a second…

they are literally my favourite thing in terms of technology as the sound is so perfect. Try them again later but I’m fairly sure I’ll be ordering more headphones before bedtime…. Clumsy people grrrrrr. The only positive is they are about 30-40 euros cheaper now. #&#&@€@

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

All I had in the house for dinner was soup and a couple of sausage rolls.

Didn't fancy either so walked to Lidl and bought a pizza.

Got caught on the phone when it was cooking so slightly overdone and the crust was a bit hard.

Ate it, quite nice. Left the hard crusts to one side. Meant to bring them out and bin them but didn't. Started to nibble on them and bit down a little too hard - broken tooth. FFS. Should have had the soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

People who don't pay on buses. I know the driver dosen't want to get involved but it annoys me that certain people get a free ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ìve got the hiccups

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Weird human behaviour at my bus stop every morning. About a minute before the bus is due to arrive, the majority of people cluster around one end of the shelter and form a sort of a pincer like formation. When the bus arrives they all then cluster around the door of the bus in the form of a rugby maul. The worst though are the smokers spluttering and hockling while flicking ash everywhere. Absolute dirtbirds the lot of them, pathetic slaves to their nicotine addiction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I don't often get public transport but got the train this morning giving me 30 mins of peace to read my book. Next stop a guy I work with gets on and I am obliged to chat to him for the whole journey 😡

I feel like my workday started early

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Ticket master charges.

Just booked tickets for the first time in ages - an extra 4euro per ticket for fees!

I HATE when that happens. I haven't put my work brain on, yet, leave me alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Ultra snotty staff in positions where they interact with the public.

After an amazingly unpleasant interaction with the girl at the order point in a coffee shop, it ended with her picking up slim milk to milk my coffee (you're not allowed do it yourself for some reason).

I politely asked, sorry, can you use full fat milk please. She didnt even turn to acknowledge me, but let out an audible hfffffff noise like a blimp with a puncture, slammed the slim milk down and stormed to the fridge to get full fat. WTF??

Hadnt been in that coffee shop in years for this very reason, and they can stick their over priced gak up their hoops in future. No wonder their pastries have mould on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

She did it again the other day. Loads of cans of catfood in my recycling bin, and a few cardboard boxes with random stuff like a teddy bear in my compostable bin! I took those boxes out and left them outside her gate, but I haven't been talking to her yet. About the confrontation...apart from not being good at it, it wouldn't look great for a 6'5" man to be going on the offensive against a little 70 year old woman.

Anyway, my current trivial annoyance is that today I had a missed delivery, and instead to stashing the package in the usual spot or my next-door neighbour, the postman gave it to this bin-sponger woman, who lives 3 doors up. Now I'll 'have to be' grateful that she took in the package to keep it safe for me. 🙄 She probably offered to take to have one over on me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Offer her a trade. Her rubbish for your parcel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just went up to her house to collect it. I didn't make it in the gate because she has that tied shut and must always have it like that (her visitors always stand outside her gate when talking to her 🤔 ) and her garden is full of bags of stuff (clothes, not rubbish). So I backed away...

I'll try again tomorrow, if I see her out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You don't have to be rude, tell her you pay by weight and politely ask her to refrain from putting her rubbish in your bins, thank her for taking in the parcel and get locks for your bins.

She's taking the piss because she thinks you won't call her out on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement