Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Why is her garden full of clothes? She's annoying me now and I don't know her! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Apparently, she does something with them for charity, although they're bound to be fairly damp, just sitting there in this weather, even if they are in plastic bags. I don't usually pass her house so rarely see into her garden. It's all a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

One of mine too…. Where I can even though it’s multiples more inconvenient I try get to an in person box office like the ones at the Olympia, Helix, Etc… not always possible but…. Buy 4 tickets, pay for 5 with TM…. They get a cut of the ticket sale anyway.

imagine going into a pub and being charged additionally for order charges…..simply for talking with a waiter / waitress.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

She's obviously eccentric, locks for your bins it is.

My TA is I have a weird dull ache around my left shoulder blade and I've no idea what I did to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Feck off with yer Black Friday emails 😝

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Back in September, I booked 1 December off work so I could go for my annual medical check up. My usual doctor retired earlier this year so am due to see his replacement. Haven't met him before.

Was in the surgery today getting bloods done and when paying, casually mentioned that I'd be in next Friday 9.00am to see the doctor.

Receptionist frowned, checked their computer and said "Sorry - something has come up. Doctor X won't be here that day. Looks like you were never told."

Got a booking with one of the other doctors (whom I've also never met) for Friday afternoon instead but still annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why do nose hairs feel like they are directly connected to your brain?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Amount of grown men curling out their hair like Vera Duckworth.

What do these lads do. Go into the barbers and say "Will ya make me hair curly?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Can we keep to the spirit of the thread please?

Trivial Things.

There's a dedicated thread in CA to discuss what happened in Dublin yesterday.

Thanks.

That I can’t afford to buy my own island….

• Advertisement

My phone all day is getting notifications every 20 minutes about black Friday …. From fashion retailers, homeware retailers, car accessory crowd, tech manufacturers, Obviously not content with clogging your brain while watching TV, the amount of adds, your inbox every few minutes now….one for a set of fûcking frying pans just came in. A set of 4 of them, I have a frying pan, I don’t need more, thanks, if I wanted to fry an egg im not going to be stood wondering which frying pan I’d like to use, ANY frying pan, maybe if my tennis racket breaks I could take one to the park, I’d feel like some yoke all the same… for that TA rant now… email spam….fûck off. Kind regards, Strumms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Restaurants with a ‘discretionary' service charge already added to the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Power outage in my area today: estimated repair time 10:00 14:00 18:00 21:00 00:00 …

Post edited by bnt on

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

there is a decorative 1940’s vintage murano glass fruit bowl that has gone ‘missing’ from my parents place.

it belonged to my grandparents, they are quite collectible and on investigation probably worth 400-500 euros…

it was a seriously nice colourful retro curio that looked well as a centrepiece on a dining / coffee table and more so had sentimental value…

my mother is baffled as to where it might have disappeared to, she didn’t miss it as a lot of work was being done in the house and stuff put away. my Dad is quiet which makes us both suspicious as it might be something else gifted to his ‘mate’ in the charity shop….. 😏

this mate / acquaintance of his seemingly knows my dad is into antiques, is knowledgeable and has a quite generous and benevolent spirit and sounds like he isn’t shy about putting on the poor mouth looking or hinting to my Dad when he’s in urgent need of stuff…. Almost lost a vintage Phillips UFO record player to the same chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

There's a lad on a football forum who thinks it's hilarious to call a footballer whose surname is Moran "Merann". He does it several times on a daily basis. The lad doing it is in his forties as well. I genuinely think he got dropped on his head when he was younger.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

As in - with the stress on the A instead of the O? That's how lady I work with pronounces her own surname - I think it's a regional thing. A bit like the name Candice - some people say Candice, others say Candice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I meant to buy my Xmas present for my self , a PS5 . But I forgot on Black Friday to see if they were reduced .

The prevalence of flakey people in life is annoying. More than ever now… I checked in on someone about 9.45….WhatsApp…

” ohhh I was out last night, went to Smyths, too much to drink, really ropey, feeling too unwell today “ i reply which is ignored yet an hour later they are constantly on WhatsApp.

the same muppet messages me a few days ago in the morning at 7.53 or something weird as fûck and I’m scratching my head as to really what the hell, all over you one week, next week…. Essentially… “ I’m too busy / not inclined to want to talk to you as I’m tired / hungover “…. It’s somewhat flaky BS like…. I’ve had my fair share of hangovers but I was never too hungover to WhatsApp… if the same muppet txts me at a mad hour tomorrow AM it might be time for some serious cold shoulder treatment of the permanent kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That would make sense in vocal terms, but I'm guessing he's specifically writing it as "Merann", given JE refers to the soccer forum, which is a bit weird, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It’s how the English soccer commentators say it. They do similar with Doherty, pronouncing it Dockerty.

I don’t view the soccer forum so can’t say I’ve seen anyone writing it down like that but, being a soccer fan, I’d get what they were saying and why.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭elgicko

Trying to book a flight with an Irish airline.

but their website is down since late last night…. ‘Essential maintenance’ … Booking is for next September and fights are for nothing practically. Insanely cheap…

The thing is I don’t know what im buying . A PS5 and 2 controllers . But i prefer in shop buying

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When scrolling on news websites, and the same story is repeated multiple times in different sections.

Padding!

Here's the Emily Hand story in the Indo site, 2 links right beside each other, one in VIDEOS, the other in IRISH NEWS.

It then also appears in the POLITICS section AND also 5th in the MOST READ section

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

News websites in general. Unless you have an adblocker installed they’re completely unusable. Most are riddled with page breaking ads, auto play videos, clickbait articles and pop ups.

Post edited by Sgt Hartman on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The plastic security ring around the top of plastic bottles that separates and comes off when you first open the bottle, particularly on 2 and 3 liter plastic milk bottles!

In our house they are always left around on the kitchen work tops and I end up being the one that puts them in the bin.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

hopefully you cut them first. I never see anyone else do this

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That I have an appointment at 3 , but I can’t be assed going . I don’t want to shower, shave or anything , I just want to sit on my ass and do F-all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Burnt my tongue AND my thumb on the toastie I made for lunch.

Also, work. Why can't I be independently wealthy???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement