Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My razor blades are done , so I have downy side burns

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People!!! GRRRRR!!! More specifically (and yet again), incompetent, careless, superficial and arrogant ones.

And static electricity, too - so many 'snaps', these past few days! One even with the water I was touching to wash my hands.

Oh, and vending machines where the drink you've chosen is almost out, so instead of chocolate milk you get dirty water with a hint of chocolate.

Post edited by New Home on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Had an issue where we were thinking of pulling our child from a certain activity. He has been in it for years and we have know the owner for as long and have always been pleasant and vice versa. We have literally given her thousands of euro over the years. Told her we were leaving and why and the response told us that she gave zero sheets whether he left or not. Kind of disappointing after so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People can be a bag of dicks. I rented my sister-in-law's (who was one of my best friends before she married my brother, long story) house for almost 10 years and the month after the mortgage was paid off she told me she was putting the house up for sale.

That when I was younger I seemed to always end up with a red haired girl. TA is I’m only realising now that I like ginger girls. Or maybe it’s just Hannah Fry ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

In college I was talking to a girl about who I fancied on the course. I said "the red haired girl" and she blabbed. Problem is there were two red haired girls. Cue other red haired girl staring wistfully at me in class while other red haired girl carried on blissfully unaware. I wouldn't have had a shot anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And when I got home last night, the old fridge had defrosted itself and flooded the kitchen floor, right under the cabinets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

In a bit of a rush and I could only find my usual toothpaste in one of those pump type tubes, I've been using it about a week now and it's no way as handy to use as the normal squeezey tube and it's annoying me 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I am a morning person. My husband is a night owl. I can get to sleep while he stays up and reads so that's not a problem. But it irks me no end for him to complain about being wrecked every single morning when we're getting up. Just go to sleep earlier then!

I can’t find my razor blades I bought yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The Aldi and Lidl checkout queue system!

I've no problem queuing up and waiting to get my stuff scanned but the "We are opening till X for you" annoys the tits off me.

Why? Well do you hang back when the queues are building up and try and be at the front when they open another till or do you wait patiently 3rd or 4th in the queue behind mountains of other peoples shopping while someone else who hasn't been queuing at all walks to the front when the new till opens?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Kinda like me a couple of weeks ago I couldn't a tin of shoe polish. By chance I had the receipt and the polish wasn't on it, I must have left it in the basket as the tins are tiny nowadays TA

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Apprentices setting fires in the canteen 🤬 what kinda ass clown does something like that!

My favourite is the people carrying a trolley or basket with 563 things in it sprinting to beat someone with a couple of things to the till that's opening as soon as they hear the announcement.

Hate the awkwardness of waiting for permission to skip the queue when I have one or two items as well. Took the initiative of doing it once without waiting for permission mumbling something about "I just have these" and the woman rolled her eyeballs. Took me about 5 seconds to pay and get out of there. Hope she recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I had about 30 items one day 3 lots of different dog and cat food so just 3 items that actually needed ringing in. Guy behind me comes up with about 20 items all different and wants to go in front needless to say I said NO. Took me about 20 seconds to have the items scanned and to pay.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Two lads were setting fires to trays in the canteen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What in the actual fcuk

My thoughts exactly! the canteen girls gave them an awful doing over and management came down as well, the smiles were quickly wiped off there faces .

Apprenticeship coming to a sharp halt I imagine. Cretin behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think it's a boy thing.

Exact same in this house ( except when kids were babies and last feed was was around 23:30/ midnight, then suddenly he was tucked up in bed by 10 🙄)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Any ad delivered in the form of a Christmas rhyme

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Made an online clothing purchase. They send me a dispatch confirmation with a shipping number...

But fail to mention what courier its being shipped with... the number is a link but it doesn't open...

Are people just that thick that they think some random number is going to help you track and receive your stuff ? Google suggests it might be dpd but nothing is coming up on their site.. grrr

‘Shipping reference: LKN 122456778 but fücking guess the courier’….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jaysis. I thought you meant they'd put filled sandwiches in the toaster or something. We'd a dope have our entire building evacuated doing that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The football team I support Manchester United loosing a 2 goal lead in no small part to a complete turd fûckfungus of a ref allowing the opponent to kick them off the pitch… hardly penalising Galatasaray, certainly not going to book them if and when he did… obviously he was intimidated. not unlike Turkish teams especially Galatasaray to provide very hostile and intimidating atmospheres for officials and opponents but if you cannot handle it, go bake a cake or talk to your dog.. on reading about him he’s no stranger to controversy / poor performances…to the extent he’s had his own dressing room stormed by Barcelona officials…. Annoyed watching that. Clown..

After watching PSG have two stonewall penalties not given before finally being given one against Newcastle and the same team being cheated against Man Utd in the past by daft refereeing, I'll never complain if English teams are on the other end of decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'm a hommonsexinal and even I really like Hannah Fry, she's smart, fabulously gorgeous and very very funny. May I suggest you watch or keep an eye out on BBC for her The Secret Genius of Modern Life series.

I know a few red-haired lads and more than one has said there's an ever-increasing love for their... species 😁

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

What in gawwwd's name is with the purple-effect LED lamp-posts that Fingal County Council have been putting in??!? At certain angles/points on the path they flick from white to purplish light. I don't currently drive but surely that's as bad a distraction for drivers as the weird headlight bulbs of a few years ago used to be.

Trying to report anything as banal but somewhat important as lamp-posts not working is such a fokkin' CHORRRRE, it's no wonder so many of them are out of action for so long 😩

It is what it's.

That my son doesn’t look like me . When he was younger he looked exactly like my father, which I suppose is reassuring, but the first born is supposed to look like their father. Its a genetic thing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It's apparently 'piss off your wife' week in this household. My husband was at peak chauvinist yesterday (he's not normally at all). I had my work christmas lunch so wasn't eating dinner. His mother was coming over for her usual Wednesday dinner with us. He asked me what time I was starting on making the food when we got in the door and couldn't understand why I didn't want to make a dinner when I wouldn't be eating it. "But its your job" he insisted.

I got the last laugh though - his mother agreed with me. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement