Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That clown Post Malone again… for some bizarre reason the untalented head the ball keeps coming up in my social media feeds …This despite me never having played a song of his, bought a cd of his or searched for him. the goon is playing a ‘live’ gig…Paying customers not a tv promo… yet he’s so obviously lip syncing, microphone in the air gesturing to the crowd yet the vocal still 100% audible. With that goofy dumb metal mouth four foot wide grin…. He doesn’t even give a shït that he can be seen not singing live….

is that how ‘live’ music is generally headed these days ? go to X theater, see an artist now and it’s 💶💶💶💶💶 yet no live vocals ?

just googled it and he’s been called out all over for miming at his shows, including falling on his arse on stage at a gig with unaffected vocals… He must be getting backed with a lot of dosh…. Talentless freak. ❌😳. Of course he has the whole social media thing going on, the whole be kind / mental health fakery. Folks are paying you good money, turn your mic on, quit grinning like a cûnt and.. sing !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Common enough in our local SuperValu the chat and then the 'oh I better pay. Now where's my purse'.

Give me strength😂

• Registered Users Posts: 30,483 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your in a shop/chemist and your trying to figure out which fragrances are for men and which are for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who want to have a perfect Christmas, but get annoyed when others don't have the time, energy or interest to supply or fake that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Dinner!!! It really is one of the worst parts of being an adult.... constantly having to think of and make dinner. (I don't overly enjoy cooking, plus the kitchen is always feckin Baltic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Sharon Shannon and her permanently smiley face - i've never seen her in a pic where she's not grinning from ear to ear.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,912 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A face that's begging to be slapped, the constant gurning has always annoyed me.

Post edited by Leg End Reject on

Traffic…. Tried to get from Clontarf to Swords at 4.20 pm and just gave up, got to Whitehall at about 4.50 and the state of traffic trying to get on to the swords road, free for all, people attempting ridiculous last minute lane changes / lane barges without indicating , just seeing a small gap and barging their way in… any wonder road deaths are increasing…. Too many people, too many cars…and here were are… not even rush hour and the abandonment of a shopping trip… I don’t have a spare two hours to sit in traffic today, or any other day…. 🤌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 30,483 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I decided to get a crepe in a shopping center Today. It was soggy, doughy, smelt of fake vanilla, leaked all over me and it cost €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

When you tell someone three times that you can't make a certain night but they keep on asking days later. Nothing seems to register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Resources that go into "worthy" but ultimately useless things.

One of those government type ads on FB, aimed at truck drivers, but completely in Irish. There was expected pushback in the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I bought €30 of sausages and bacon and discovered its all out of date now .

I don’t seem to have an appetite at all

Being charged €3.30 for one of those tiny 330ml mixer bottles of Coke Zero in the pub earlier. The carvery always has had in the fridge next to the Q full sized 500 ml bottles of everything… today, only water and juices…. One of the reasons I liked that pub was because you could get large bottles of soft drinks to enjoy with your lunch or dinner as opposed to being ripped off for those miniature mouthful bottles that a lot of bars serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Another one

'Any news ??' 10 mins later same question asked by same person 'Any news ??'

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think the mixer bottles are only 200ml.

I was woken this morning by belching acid into my throat and mouth. Rennie for breakfast it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People moaning about RTE throwing around money like confetti but also moaning when they axe an overpriced xmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

A 1.5 hour meeting scheduled for 12pm that over-runs by 30 minutes. You fcuking better believe I am taking my lunchbreak now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm a volunteer fire marshall at work. Today, we had a drill for which notice was given to as few people as possible.

Building alarm: "FIRE EMERGENCY! EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!"

My multi-lingual and highly educated colleagues: "Do we have to go outside?"

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

sorta getting to know a person and fûck me they are beginning to give me the absolute creeps l

only short of sending me a questionnaire to fill in about my current life, everything from work, health, living arrangements, clothing sizes, how often I get my haircut… last question was… “ where do you do your shopping ? “… why the fukkkk does that concern you ?

Is this a thing now ? I’ve known them for all of 5 minutes, maybe the essence of getting to know someone might be shelving the questionnaire and relaxing, focusing on humour, common interests and having a natural chilled conversation ? ….

i might start reciprocating… “ have you ever contemplated growing your own vegetables ? “. Or “ what do you use to descale your kettle ? “. “Does it seem to you that bars of soap might soon be history, what can be done ?”…. 😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

3plus giving feck all away for free this year in the run up to Christmas

• Advertisement

After my shopping trip was ninjad yesterday because of the nutsville traffic… if this weather doesn’t relent a bit my gym trip tonight is also getting canned. I’m not impressed, no sign of this easing…. Grrrrr….

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

the road works...again!!! yesterday going to work the usual,nice hole opened up,10-15 lads standing about either looking at maps/drawings or shovels on the boob...last night coming home...wow!not a hole or a bump,fresh tarmac laid,beeeeeuuuutiiiiful!!!! might be finished completely for the weekend,happy days!!!!

today....not one...not even two but THREE holes dug in the fresh tarmac...huge entourage around each hole,all scratching either heads or arse or bollix or, like one lad i observed while sitting for 40minutes in the traffic,scratching all three(think hes the foreman) come on to fcuk lads,less feckin scratching,the romans couldve done it better AND faster!!!! its only been about a year and a half for 2 miles of road!!!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Why can’t so many hotel kitchens poach an egg without putting vinegar in the water. At least dry it off to reduce the contamination. Got served an inedible but perfect looking poached egg this morning.

one notable exception is the Metropole in Cork. Superb perfectly poached eggs for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

They put vinegar in poached eggs ? I never knew that, and it’s the easiest way to cook eggs !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Helicopter in south dublin now, feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

The vinegar in the water is supposed to keep the egg white from spreading too much. Use fresh eggs and there’s no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta'ed at the assumption of the majority of drivers I have met, that ppl like me who don't drive or have a car are just waiting to pounce on them for a lift etc.

Just now I ran into a colleague from a localish branch that I took a course with last year, I have seen her around here so often that I know she must be local, but she actively hid that in I can only assume an attempt to avoid potentially awkward conversations around lift or refusal of same.

See, I am quite happy to take the bus/taxi/walk to where I want to go, it helps me decompress from a highly pressured lifestyle, why would I want to share a car with someone who doesn't want to share with me +/ live on my nerves as I can't see if they are a good or bad driver(not that I can judge, until the worst happens or doesn't)

Even if a traffic locked city like this one, as my latest youngster would say * "Yo, your car aint all that"

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Getting my first cold in nearly four years.

I'm at the sore throat stage for the last three days. Hurts when I sneeze.

4.40 pm my phone rings….

It’s a state physiotherapist…. Telling me they will be calling tomorrow morning after 9am…

to do a physical reassessment regarding a fitness issue first developed in 2016 but which has been rectified.

so I get about 17 hours notice to be told I have a healthcare appointment….

thats this fücking shîthole of a country now… and what regard some people working within it have for their paymasters….very much a case of…

”well years later since we’ve had interest in you maybe, but I now want to see you pretty much immediately !” Less than a day’s notice.

she wasn’t all that polite about it. Her tone suggested that I was being done a favour…whereby in reality I won’t be benefitting whatsoever it will be an assessment, a tick box job whereby they spend 20 minutes with me, probably 20 more minutes typing up a report and she presses send, someone else deleted.

It might be in her best interests to be more cordial, professional and courteous tomorrow as not having a need for her i really can’t promise to remain civil if she ends up being a cünt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Just a general reminder to please keep to the spirit of the thread ie TRIVIAL things that annoy you.

And also as per the AH charter, LIGHTHEARTED.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement