Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hard luck @Sgt Hartman . I was like that the first time, and failed. And barely got it the second time , he could easily have failed me but I told him I needed it for work . I took the rigid afterwards and flew it so it is just nerves, best of luck next time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

It's so hard...being a nerd....pfft blows loose hair out of my face 😆😅😆

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Registered Users Posts: 30,485 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My father and his stupid umbrella.

Instead of stepping out of the car and walking about twenty steps he spends ages opening an umbrella and you get soaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I should have stayed in bed.

Went to Dunnes early, arrived as the shutters were opening. I didn't have a trolley as wanted to go upstairs first.

Walking in and the couple infront of me were walking slow, his legs were someway disabled , but we were keeping to the side so not blocking anyone. However still not going fast enough for the man behind me who decides to ram me with his trolley. Thankfully I was wearing proper trekking runners otherwise I would have a damaged ankle as he belted me.

Fine up I go to the clothes section, around now they often give a 5 off 25 voucher for groceries with a clothes shop they usually can be used on the same day....so that was the aim.... picking up socks,jocks and vests for the kids.....the machine eats the receipt....she starts to handwrite it , I'm like leave it .....I ask her is there a voucher promotion, she says no....I'm not convinced as I got a random one with the groceries.

Having a family dinner on Tuesday, so pick up a massive stuffed chicken....get home it has leaked in the bag so obviously opened somewhere....they looked freshly put out this morning so I'll use it for tonight's dinner....I did put it in a Ziploc bag but thinking about it don't think it's worth the risk striking everyone down with food poisoning....so now I need to figure out Tuesdays dinner again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,485 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was told to press a button to open a door by somebody.

I pushed it nothing happened and I kept on pressing it.

I then realised I was pushing a bell and somebody had to open the door.

I felt like such an inpatient twat.

Getting that lump in my throat. Stupid emotions.

Why is it, when everyone knows the boundaries, one person always insists on going further, for no reason other than to be "out there" and ruins it for everyone else!!

The muscle in my left ass cheek is killing me 😂😂🤕

• Advertisement

Doubt it, never heard it mentioned and they're very vocal about everything else that's wrong with them 😂😂😂 maybe undiagnosed but not convinced

It can go undiagnosed for a long time. They probably wouldn't know themselves.

It's sounds to me like adhd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Binging on "Northern Lights" on TG4, one of the characters was chatting with her mum in Belgian/Flemish, no subtitles for any of that dialogue but turns up much later on when the dialogue is in English.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Frank Murphy the rugby referee, having a mare in France but it’s the fact that the man cannot stfu for 3 seconds and that he is just providing his own running commentary for himself, colleagues and the players from first whistle to last…. Incessant non stop talking… most of which is pure waffle and not going to aid anyone on the field….

I watched the last 15 minutes with the game on mute…. a dose…. Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 16,912 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Laundry.

All sorted according to type and washing cycle. Well all except the single white garment that's now smirking at me as it languishes alone in the bottom of the laundry basket.

The really, really annoying thing is that I had realised it was past its best and was destined for a clothes bank so I could have washed it with another load.

I'd a pair of black trousers find their way into my white wash....I've no idea how.

Yeah empty laundry baskets are the dream. I'm settling for not overflowing laundry baskets these days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Forewords in books that give away part of the story and, more annoyingly, give away the end of a different book, in a similar genre.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

People who just repeat what other people say often. Like I know you look up to them but it's getting really tiring. Do you have your own opinion?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have an awful habit that absolutely wrecks my head.. Someone says an interesting fact about something and I directly go to search it.. I hate it yet I do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Having chocolate and a cup of tea after you've brushed your teeth before bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The password manager I used to use has recently changed to a paid model. Switched to a new password manager instead but it happened to coincide with me getting a new phone. So trying to remember passwords to everything means I've just forgotten them all. I'm so muddled up about it I can't even remember the master password for the new password manager. FFS.

State healthcare professionals supposed to call to my parents at 9.15 or 9.30 this morning to carry out an assessment.

the pair didn’t arrive until 11.15 am.

how does one arrive two hours late for an appointment on a Monday morning ?

maybe as a matter of courtesy once they knew they were behind ‘schedule’ a call might be made, subsequently no apology offered or even mention of their lateness…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm generally good at avoiding YouTube ads on my iPad (official app), by looking away and ripping off my headphones. There's one series of ads that has stuck with me for all the wrong reasons. Not only would I never buy this product, it's verging on a scam, in my opinion. It's ads for a little heater that is supposed to be much better than a conventional heater at warming up a room, while reducing energy costs to a fraction of what they were.

You don't have to have an Engineering degree to have a problem with the claims, but you do have to use common sense and that there is no free lunch. I do have an Engineering degree, and can assure everyone that the makers of this crap have not somehow bypassed the laws of thermodynamics. If I cared enough to research the product any further, I bet I would find no written documents that actually cite energy numbers. If they did, they would have so many exceptions and caveats as to make them worthless, I expect.

The target audience seems, to me, to be elderly people with cold feet and dementia. I'm off to Google "how to report a YouTube ad".

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

When 'features' are actually more annoying than helpful. Case in point, new (to me) car. Install the dash cam from previous car. Come to find out the 12v cigarette lighter/power supply is always on. Even when the engine is off. Guess who had to use the booster pack this morning?

The old car turned the camera off after the car shut off.

A decorative mirror purchased and when the box is opened it’s been packaged with the incorrect wall mounts AND wrong mounting instructions… mounting instructions for a different style mirror with different attachments… yet the wrong mounts still for this frame…and one attachment is missing…

the saying you can’t get the staff is pretty much true now… anywhere you go that involves dealing with humans, relying on them doing basic things that you are paying for, it’s an absolute lottery… are people getting less inclined to care ? Have IQs started to diminish ? Both maybe ? The packaging was 100% intact and that’s about the only thing right with the thing…so nothing fell out…just dipshîts not doing their jobs…and bigger dipshîts not managing them.…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Those incessant ads for royal match / kingdom. And when I hit it ,it says not available in your country .

Also Ballsort , an infuriating game 😡

TFI website…. Doing the taxi fare estimate thing for my parents for a journey they don’t regularly make so they can have close to the right money plus tip… the fare estimate I’m given is between €15.40 - €23.20

So over 50% difference between the lower estimate and the greater one. A difference of €7.80 despite ALL the relevant details being provided….origin / destination, time of journey, number of passengers, where and how the taxi is procured etc…

So in other words TFI just produced and got the taxpayers to pay for a function/app that’s about as accurate as someone throwing darts, at a dart board, blindfolded….. there are of course variables and it cannot be ‘accurate’, it is after all an ‘estimate’ but jeeez….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I spent an age...(actually about 15 mins..but seemed longer) on the phone to an insurance company about my motor renewal. I wanted to reduce the value and maybe/hopefully get a small reduction.

Had to go through all the details almost from scratch and after all that didn't reduce the premium by a cent 😀

And yes you can post me the cert, I don't have a colour printer and I'm not going begging or paying for the use of one after spending several hundred euros - thank you 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

More than trivial but I forgot to take my change at self checkout after paying, about 10 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This time of year really brings out the shopping idiots

The likes of stressed Karen's going round looking lost bumping into people and blocking doors/tills. 'Sorry sorry sorry'

People running out of doorways not looking left and right

Slow walkers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement