Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

@mikemac2 post deleted, you know very well that's not what this thread is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Internet went down yesterday mid-morning. Estimated fix time: 7pm. So I have to drag myself into the office for an afternoon meeting that I can't miss. And of course it's Christmas so every single parking space in the city centre is filled. So I have to park in the expensive multi story. £15 for 3.5 hours parking. Jesus fcuking christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Out walking earlier. Saw a large dog unloading a significant amount of cargo onto a footpath in my estate. No sign of an owner.

When I was coming back later on after doing the circuit, noticed that someone had walked in the sh*t so it was spread all over the path. Had to step onto the road to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A colleague bought a postfone, and now it's showing as faulty, an post is saying to bring it to post offices for logging and here's the map.

Local POs are saying they don't do phones and try online, CS say they can't do anything as it's up to the individual POs to log it in for repairs.

Even po's who sell the phones are saying that they don't do that and go online.

Added ta all the po's are packed and don't answer the phone.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could you try and use your phone data as a hotspot? Tethering was my lifeline during the lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,483 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got an email asking me to confirm my driver number and everybody else's to my insurance company.

I asked my mother for a picture of her licence and now I'm fair sure she's thinks I'm changing the car.

I explained it to her.

However I'm fairly sure she'll be waiting by the window for me to arriving in something new/different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Would you like to upgrade to the new Microsoft teams experience now?

No.

How about now?

No.

Now???

NO!! LEAVE ME ALONE.

Well we upgraded you to the new teams experience anyway have fun.

And of course, Teams now no longer works properly. Feck off Microsoft and stop breaking things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It was eating up my data allowance which is deliberately left very low.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

8am job interview with less than 24 hours notice. I get to begin the day wrecked and have it go downhill from there.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Anytime a fatality or other accident is reported by newspaper Facebook page….

The comments are full of (presumably) bots with exotic names posting links that say “Check out the latest video footage for this accident”. If any responds to them, they never reply back. What is that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Lots of little kids asking for expensive skin care products after being influenced by child tik tok'ers. Kids dont need skincare but besides that, skin care products on such young skin can cause life long damage, sensitivities, skin rashes, rosacea, dehydration, dryness, acne, burns and can weaken the skin barrier. So of course parents are buying their little girls skin care instead of taking them off the likes of tiktok that is selling them products to fix problems with themselves that dont exist. Can you just imagine allowing your little girl to watch damaging adverts on social media, specifically aimed at little girls with the intention of creating insecurities in them to sell potentially harmful products then agreeing with the damaging social media influence and buying the potentially harmful, expensive products so your little girl can start obsessing over normal skin texture. Some parents are asking beauticians what products they should give their little girls and instead of doing the professional thing and tell the parents that no skin care designed for adult skin is suitable for a child, theyre making up expensive hampers of the likes of image skin care and dermalogica for kids as young as 8. Ive seen a beautician on facebook recommend a parents get her 8 year old child clear start products because the mother wanted to know what to get her child who has interest in skin care because of tik tok. First of all this beautician hasnt seen this childs skin so is no place to reccomending anything but besides that, clear start is a very harsh line of skincare for very oily, acne prone skin, it has harsh ingredients that would dry out normal adult skin and burn anyone with slight sensitivity. This is a full on rant but how stupid and irresponsible are not only the brain dead parents but the stupid idiot beauticians who some of which clearly havnt got 2 braincells to rub together!

Remember in the '90s when sunbeds for primary school children were all the rage, esp. for birthdays, First Holy Communions, etc? I do. Insanity in its purest form. It then switched to the slightly less dangerous fashion of plastering them in fake tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Seriously! Everyone should have to take an exam before theyre allowed to reproduce and if they fail they should be spayed and neutered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I appreciate the new hybrid buses in Dublin, for the environmental reasons, but I don’t think the drivers appreciate how powerful the brakes and electric motors are. If you’re standing, you have to hang on for dear life at all times. You can expect a harsh jerk in any direction at any time, sending you flying.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That my iPhone cable has gone wonky , only charging intermittently. Very annoying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

They've sent me a link for some "training". Turns out to be the "About me" section of the site presented as a course.

Anyway, 'tis done.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

An elderly aunt who is deaf.

she doesn’t use WhatsApp or any apps, email or any other communication apart from ringing people. Not tech savvy.

which is fûck all use as she cannot hear what is being said to her. She worked in the music business for years, a singer with a band(s) and orchestras and is completely mutt and jeff now as a result….

up to recently you needed to speak very loudly but had a conversation earlier and I was roaring down the phone as if I was trying to communicate over a starting Boeing 737.. and still every second sentence has to be repeated which you know, isn’t all that fun…

” you are breaking up, sorry ? “…… I’m not breaking up, your ears are broken !!! 😵‍💫

great lady but aghhhh 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I’ve been expecting an overdue delivery of contact lenses for a few days now.

My package never arrived this evening and when I tracked my delivery it said that the driver tried to ring but he got no answer.

The couriers have never needed to phone me before, probably because I never entered my number on the order form. The packaging itself is letterbox friendly so they have always just simply placed it in the letterbox.

The driver entered this at 5:58pm so my guess is the absolute d!ckhead just decided he’d done enough work for one day and went home before delivering my lenses.

Today is not my day.

Was looking forward to the new Three Musketeers and my local will only show it once because God forbid they show something that requires staying awake to enjoy. Anyway, the thing started with the subtitles 5 minutes ahead and had to be restarted and there was a slew of blue, dead pixels for the whole thing.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Free day tomorrow…. My bedroomneeds a good cleaning / reorganising… I’ve basically too much stuff. That’s going to be an hour job.

in the twilight earlier I caught glimpse of another glass shard on my treadmill, clumsy assed people, I just cleaned that last week…. Food, more glass and grass taken off it, I keep a sanitised pair of trainers by the machine that aren’t worn outside to avoid the thing getting contaminated with dirt and stuff like glass / grass and assorted crap that could fûck up the belt or working parts… these machines are notoriously expensive to get repaired. A call out charge and a quick look see and the addition of more lubricant can be €120-€150… you can add more to that bill if something needs replacing or fixing…if the belt itself needs replacing it’s €€€

Woke up suddenly from an unpleasant dream. Thought it was the middle of the night so lay back down in bed. Alarm went off a minute later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There should be special leave from work when that happens 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Same story but a different background with my sibling, last week he got a form he didn't understand in response to an application. He left a message for the local help the aged/bewildered group who rang yesterday when he was driving. I explained the issue to the person who called who they asked by Sib couldn't email/call! Proving he had not listened to a single word I had said to him up to that moment.

Then they came up with the smart idea that I could call the semi-state body(a week before Christmas) an explain the issue when I told them I work full time and literally didn't have all day to stay on the phone to solve the query(twice) did he say you have to talk to A, I can make an appointment if you wish in the tone which says that he feels that I (assume as a woman) should spend all day on the phone to get an issue for a family member sorted!

So many annoyances in that.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Why do dips**ts love standing in doorways? And are always surprised and offended when you ask them to move?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

My bugbear. People standing in shop doorways having conversations and don't move. I say excuse me loudly and the looks I get. Wrecks my head 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I am like the walking wounded.

Have two separate parts of my body stitched up after a mole removal yesterday and also on strong anti-inflammatories for a persistant shoulder injury, wearing a sling in the evening to rest it.

All the medical professionals who saw me told me not to over-exert myself in work for a couple of days, but it's virtually impossible not to lift/pull/drag something heavy at least once during the day. And because it's the pressure time of Christmas, it's even harder to call in sick (would need to be beheaded to get time off).

Could feel one of my stitch sites under pressure at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The Channel 4 app is making The Great British Bake-off almost unwatchable thanks to the insane amount of ad breaks. It took myself and the OH an hour and a half to watch a 55 minute show. Also, Paul Hollywood is not fooling anyone with that fake tan.

• Advertisement

Here's an example from earlier today. Dublin Live reporting on the Delgany shooting incident.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement