Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Antares35 wrote: »
    Yup.

We got one that played an even crueller trick..she went the night early on and at one point was doing 11 hours straight. Oh how we chuckled as we smugly skulled wine for two hours*, knowing we could still sleep for nine. So we weren't too bothered when we found out there was another on the way. Sure what could possibly go wrong. Teeth, that's what went wrong. Now we get three hours straight on a good night, and there's another en route who will, all things going well, also develop teeth! At least if the first had been a nightmare from day one, we'd have been a bit more careful about a second!

*This might be an exaggeration.

Also TA, one of my cats did a death stare pose this morning when I checked him.. literally sitting in bed completely still and unblinking. He didn't move until I poked him. Genuinely thought he had died sitting up. :D

Oh sorry to be the bearer of bad news,baby no.2 is always worse.Its the law🀣

This is a bit of a 'mean girls' post. There is a wan on Instagram who I don't follow but pops up because I follow similar to her. Anyways. She is all about curly hair and making the most of your curls. I don't know why she evokes such madness in me! I had a look and there she was again shìting on about how amazing it is to finally blaa blaa and aren't I great and oh so confident and secure in my skin.

It is fantastic to be those things I know. Me too sometimes. It's just how she comes across, a bit like that dreadful Whitmore woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

This is a bit of a 'mean girls' post. There is a wan on Instagram who I don't follow but pops up because I follow similar to her. Anyways. She is all about curly hair and making the most of your curls. I don't know why she evokes such madness in me! I had a look and there she was again shìting on about how amazing it is to finally blaa blaa and aren't I great and oh so confident and secure in my skin.

It is fantastic to be those things I know. Me too sometimes. It's just how she comes across, a bit like that dreadful Whitmore woman.

There's also the point that generally when someone goes on about being confident etc., the likelihood is that they are far from it. Empty vessels and all that. :)

There's also the point that generally when someone goes on about being confident etc., the likelihood is that they are far from it. Empty vessels and all that. :)

This is it. Instagram is full of them and even though I don't follow the gobshìtes they keep popping up. The 'celebrity' parents of the poor baby in the UK who died a few months ago are also there as well. I clicked in to their profile months ago and now I'm plagued.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

In a room of about ten people I yawned loudly and instead of saying “I’m wrecked” I said “I’m riddled”

:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

people who try to give you advice (lecture you) on stuff they know NOTHING about :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Plus you will never ,ever ,sleep properly again. ...for the rest of your life ..:pac:

How do you know? Any kids yerself? ;)

My main trivial annoyance at the moment is my lack of concentration. Give me one thing to do and I'll find five things to distract myself... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

"New and Improved"

The biggest lie ever told by a company. The newest victim is snack a jacks, my favourite little treat. Super salty and a small enough bag to allow myself to pretend they were healthier than other crisps with only 99 calories per bag! But also big enough to hit the junk food spot. Only 4 in a multipack which was a bit of a pain in the arse but I never felt too hard done by.

Now it seems they've decided to act like they're being all helpful and thoughtful by making a 5 pack multipack! Hurrah! Just means less per bag (down to 19g from 22g) and less saltyness. It's now a low low 79 calories per bag. FFS WHY CAN'T THEY LEAVE ANYTHING ALONE! I'd rather those extra 20 ****ing calories for my 3 extra grams of crisp.

Eating my sandwich for lunch and discovering halfway through the bread is fookin mouldy. Rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Housemate stinking the entire house out by leaving a bacon-greasy grill tray (that she also used last) in the oven while she baked vol au vents. The whole place reeks of grease now :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

models/ former models going on about loving yourself no matter what you look like etc - easy to say when you were literally a professional ride for a good number of years. this matched with the 'natural' photos which are very clearly staged make them (and by them i mean......roz purcell basically) seem ridiculously disingenuous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ice cream headache trying to devour a 99.
    Even the old tongue up to roof of mouth trick had little effect.

I'm having to log off from work early coz I'm so annoyed at my new boss and have a splitting headache beacuse of her. She waffled on for so long in an alleged team meeting that I'm 100% sure no one was listening to her anymore. She's given me a headache with her ****e talk. And she knows we're all up the walls busy and even referenced that in the meeting. But loves the sound of her own voice so much that she just ate up an entire afternoon with her bull****.

People over washing their hands in the toilets in work. Like how long and vigorously do you need to work the soap into your hands man? It sounds like you're having a **** there :pac:

I'd rather wait til they're finished and left before I exit the cubicle as it's Russian roulette as to who you'll get stuck talking sh!te to at the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,414 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People over washing their hands in the toilets in work. Like how long and vigorously do you need to work the soap into your hands man? It sounds like you're having a **** there :pac:

I'd rather wait til they're finished and left before I exit the cubicle as it's Russian roulette as to who you'll get stuck talking sh!te to at the sink.

Yep..The ones that annoy me more are those dickheads who leave dirty water all over the taps themselves and in the sink after them,,,it takes pretty much minimal if any effort to ensure the area is left clean, the fûcking water and paper towels are right there....use them, scumbags. I’ve no wish to touch your filth.

I worked in a place where there was a warehouse in the facility and I can only say PIGS inhabited that department... kitchen was left in a shocking state most days, got to the stage where the contract cleaners were making complaints as they were barely able to finish the cleaning on time in the evening to made it to their next job...

Same morons used to use our empty office at the weekend to relax and look at stuff on the internet, rubbish, left everywhere.. their excuses...” bins were full “...like it would be a chore to ask for a bag in the shop and bin everything.... we in the end on Friday used to lock the computer mice in the drawers, it wasn’t until a brand new locker worth about 120 euros was forced open and broken by one of them looking for a mouse that managers sat up and took a stand...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Impossible Kinder egg toys. Precariously balancing two monkeys on tiny platforms, my arse!

And that useless disc throwing thing can lump it as well.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Cat hair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Indicators on cars that come on in a string fashion. Ridiculous looking

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Insurance renewal "reminders" from the AA. I told them last year that I didn't want to get any more correspondence about anything at all and to remove me from all their mailing lists immediately. Right. They must have understood that to mean, "Start sending messages a month and a half in advance. Make sure it's over €100 dearer than last year for no reason whatsoever. Oh, and send no less than 6 texts, 6 emails and make 2 phone calls for good measure". One more, and I'll be reporting them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Vogue f****n William's

She is in an ad for Persil which YouTube never allows to be skipped

• Advertisement

One my cats had to get a very small operation, you'd think she'd leave the bandage on her leg, no a hope. I've put on four bandages in two days just sitting here on stand by until she takes this one off

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

PsychoPete wrote: »
    One my cats had to get a very small operation, you'd think she'd leave the bandage on her leg, no a hope. I've put on four bandages in two days just sitting here on stand by until she takes this one off

did she not get a cone of shame?

did she not get a cone of shame?

She will be today anyway! She wiggles her leg out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Indicators on cars that come on in a string fashion. Ridiculous looking
    Or indicators that don't come on until halfway through the turn. Yeah, thanks for letting me know you were turning...eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Or indicators that don't come on until halfway through the turn. Yeah, thanks for letting me know you were turning...eventually.

Drivers who take ages to execute a turn/ insist on coming to a complete stop before turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Notmything

Drivers who take ages to execute a turn/ insist on coming to a complete stop before turning.

Drivers who pull out onto a main road and come to a near stop before v slowly moving on.

Oncoming drivers who magnanimously flash for you to take the turn first even though there's a clear road behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Vogue f****n William's

just the fact that shes still famous is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got a new dishwasher today so now have to figure out the optimal loading pattern.

Also, the gardener turning up unannounced to spray my jungle of a garden just after I'd put a load of birdseed down.

Also also, the fact that the garden had to be sprayed at all. I HATE using weedkiller, but it was gone beyond anything other than professional chemical intervention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Being nice to people who don't care about you. I should have learned by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement