Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Saturday December 30th and some gimp around here was using a piece of industrial equipment that sounded like an extremely large kango hammer at 9.45 am, consistently for about an hour and 15 minutes . It’s the holidays and if it ‘must’ be done which it obviously doesn’t, prick … you have all the afternoon to do it so people may be left to have a nice quiet, peaceful and relaxing post Christmas Saturday morning…..the world is full of dreadful fûckwits…..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

It’s attention-seeking. Trying to portray themselves as cool because knowing what day it is = boring in their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Accidentally listened to The Smiths...and enjoyed it..spit

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

3rd best band ever.

my TA…,out of double chocolate caramel Magnums, only got original.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

In Easons they have plenty of choice of mindful colouring but no adult join the dots. I've tried a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Folk who walk in the dark on public roads.

I was driving on a 100km main road earlier. Passed 2 people out dog walking in the hard shoulder. Both wearing all black, no torch, lights or hiviz vests. To add to it all, dog was an alsation too.

Could barely see them. Had anyone undertaken someone who was turning right, they'd have been wiped out.

It should be against the law to walk in the winter without hi viz at least.

I’m having an incredibly TA filled 24 hours…..in addition to the aforementioned noisy moron of a neighbour…and other shît I’ll spare you ( for now )….

the batteries are gone in my TV remote, they are AAA and I don’t have spares. I can use my remote for the satellite box for many but not every TV function… so no Netflix, YouTube or any apps which are all on my TV remote…… I did fancy watching a movie tonight and stuff but…. Anyways….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

It's not a public holiday in fairness and 9:45 is not unreasonable to start work. You don't know the urgency of the job. There will always be someone who moans whatever time he does it, and I suspect you would moan about it if you were at home, no matter the time or date, because yeah, noise is annoying.

It's just a figure of speech. Usually it's something grannies say but I have heard all age groups say it.

I doubt they're thinking 'okay time to bring out the big guns to impress the lads by telling them "I don't know what day it is"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I've tried the RSA site for hi vis vests every week for the last couple of months. Everything I look for is out of stock. Seems to be a common issue. So I have to restrict my walking but I am sure others are just taking chances. Is there anywhere else to get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who deflect, deploy whataboutery and play the "victim blaming" card when walkers and cyclists choose to make themselves next to invisible on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I swear to you if I can't find that blasted phone charger soon, I will go mad!

So, so annoying.

People complain when the council remove bins from an area largely because people have been drawing out their domestic rubbish and dumping it there because they're too tight to dispose of it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Any builders merchants will have them as they are necessary on building sites.

Wake me up when it's all over.

You can't trust anyone with a council bin :-( Someone I know has a small high street shop with a council litter bin outside. You can guess where all the shop rubbish ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You don't happen to live in Oranhill, Oranbay Apartments in Oranmore spookwoman, we have this problem here, no one breaking the cardboard up, the recycling bin sometimes is piled high and the waste collectors get fed up with it. Tried to dispose of some recycling stuff and there was no room so went fcuk it and dumped it in the general waste.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

To thank me for my custom and support in 2023 SuperValu giving me a special Christmas treat of €60 savings this January, that is €30 off €150 online shop in first 2 weeks and another €30 off €150 shop in second 2 weeks. I wouldn’t ever spend that in one shop, let alone again 2 weeks later, especially after Christmas and when booze doesn’t count towards the value.

They always say that store loyalty cards allows the company to know your spending habits so either they got it wrong are trying to get you to spend more in the shop or don't want you to redeem the voucher.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Join forces with a neighbour/friend/family member for a biiiig shop and mess up SV algorithms in the procress. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That “Anyone could be Santa” song from the Coke Christmas ad. Jesus H.Christ it’s painful to listen to!!

You’d have to wonder indeed about what sort of ‘urgency’ would require the use of a kango hammer at 9.45am on a Saturday morning at Christmas . A kango hammer… aka, ‘demolition drill’.

A kango hammer is a pneumatic tool that is designed for breaking… walls / concrete / paving etc…. So any possibility of an urgent aspect is pretty remote. The decibels created by those tools and that work is seriously high… we are not talking about someone cutting the grass or trimming hedges or doing any sort of basic urgent repair.

The likelihood it’s some fûckwit who said….” Ohhh isn’t it great, all this extra time, a bit bored, although I could get the kango out for the craic and …”

it wasn’t urgency, just someone with time, boredom to kill and a piece of loud machinery that they just fancied using and fûck anyone else. Completely unreasonable. 🤷‍♂️. Sooooo…Completely a TA…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Put an ISO message on any free cycle site and you will get one fairly quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Soccer clubs wearing away strips when there’s no clash of colours. I’m watching MOTD2 and arses v fulham . No clash of colours and arses wearing green or something

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Neighbours who decide to let off fireworks at midnight... our one-year old has woken up and our dog is ridiculously frightened

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

No, it seems to be normal behavour these days. There is a note above the brown bin asking people to not put plastic in it and one of the residents was giving out saying next they will want us to put the bins out ourselves. Jesus you would think they were asking the impossible, it's just a case of putting the waste in a black bin which is next to the brown bin. Even with the note people are still putting plastic in and bloody tea candle cases.

I recon they are also getting their relatives to drop up their rubbish judging by the amount that is going in. A lot of the places ares people on their own or with just one other.

Sooner they get the main buildings bins moved the better.

starting the year with a head cold. My Dad collected it at his sisters dropping in gifts…. Might have been savvy if she’d encouraged him to leave the visit off until after Christmas and everyone was better…. Might have been savvy by my Dad on seeing my Aunt and cousins under the weather….” Look you are not well, happy Christmas and I’ll be down in X days “ Instead he’s in there for an hour drinking tea and eating cake with them.

All adults on both sides so not as if anything is being waited on under the tree from Santa…. My sinuses are completely fûcking stuffed….

secondly, since 5.12 am some clown has been letting off fireworks about half a kilometre away… you can’t move for cûnts there days in this city / country. It’s pathetic.

Agree the sound is very much a trivial annoyance, but the story you made up in your own head about the guy's intention and reasoning is just giving yourself permission to be angry with the guy rather than the noise.

Hope you manage to work out a way to use the vouchers. Maybe buy your year's supply of canned goods, toiletries etc. Generally all those club card things are rubbish, but what really annoyed me when I was home last year was some places reducing prices only if you had their card.

The sad race to be the first to have a 241 number plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Drove 50km round trip to lodge money in an ATM only for machine to tell me "lodgement services not available".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement