Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Things sold in unnecessary plastic, boxes of tea bags and bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Reading shíte about frenzied bidding on a house in rathmines that's gone from asking 650k to over a million. FFS what is wrong with people? Did we learn nothing from the Celtic tiger. TA we are planning to get our own place soon but over the last few months it just looks like we aren't going to be able to get anywhere :( Feel like emigrating to someplace sensible!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

totally with you on that.. saw a pack of kid sized apples in TS yday - 6 in the pack - 49c... in a cardboard tray wrapped in plastic!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

sporina wrote: »
    totally with you on that.. saw a pack of kid sized apples in TS yday - 6 in the pack - 49c... in a cardboard tray wrapped in plastic!!!! :mad:

Having worked in supermarkets and seeing what the public do, I wouldn't buy anything not in a wrapper tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

What's the only thing better than better than buying that cheap plastic toy your kid really wants?

Buying that cheap plastic toy which now, for some reason, is contained in a plastic egg, which is itself in a large clear plastic egg shaped carton and then glue to a piece of card.

Bonus points if you buy a carrier bag for it at the till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Archeron wrote: »
    What's the only thing better than better than buying that cheap plastic toy your kid really wants?

Buying that cheap plastic toy which now, for some reason, is contained in a plastic egg, which is itself in a large clear plastic egg shaped carton and then glue to a piece of card.

Bonus points if you buy a carrier bag for it at the till.

I thought Asians had a love affair with plastic, wrapping furniture in the stuff, presenting a plastic carrier bag for everything from a needle to an anchor but we are just as bad.

Having worked in supermarkets and seeing what the public do, I wouldn't buy anything not in a wrapper tbh!

eh, you can wash stuff, you know!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not bread... :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    Insurance renewal "reminders" from the AA. I told them last year that I didn't want to get any more correspondence about anything at all and to remove me from all their mailing lists immediately. Right. They must have understood that to mean, "Start sending messages a month and a half in advance. Make sure it's over €100 dearer than last year for no reason whatsoever. Oh, and send no less than 6 texts, 6 emails and make 2 phone calls for good measure". One more, and I'll be reporting them.

Well, guess what! Yep, another text message. I'm reporting them.

New Home wrote: »
    Not bread... :eek:

any shops/bakeries I know of with unpackaged bread is behind a counter really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Before Covid I saw a few places just leaving out bakery items mainly because a locally eco warrior kicked up a fuss on Facebook. Thankfully now things are wrapped again.

Before covid no, lidl, dunnes, Tesco all had their bread, croissants etc out on display with signs to use tongs provided.

Cream cakes etc that need chilling will be behind glass alright.

I'd wash fruit and veg anyway even after removing it from wrappers, but still wouldn't buy them without a wrapper.

Before covid no, lidl, dunnes, Tesco all had their bread, croissants etc out on display with signs to use tongs provided.

really? I only buy bread from the Bakery in the Market - and its behind a counter..

Cream cakes etc that need chilling will be behind glass alright.

I'd wash fruit and veg anyway even after removing it from wrappers, but still wouldn't buy them without a wrapper.

yeah me too - to wash off any dust, fly poop, chemicals etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Even bananas and citrus fruit? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Dial Hard wrote: »

The zest is the best part of a citrus fruit!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Oncoming drivers who magnanimously flash for you to take the turn first even though there's a clear road behind them.

Drivers who shoot out in front of you from a minor road, causing you to brake suddenly to avoid a collision, and then proceed to crawl at a snails pace. Like wtf did you bomb it out in front of me, the faster moving vehicle on the major road, if you are not going to drive like Speedy Gonzalez?

I think that all cars should be fitted with a forward facing tank inspired gun to blow these feckers off the road in such instances (and many more but I'd be here for the rest of the year listing them out).

Dial Hard wrote: »

I actually don't buy either , but no I have never washed a banana.

Anytime I've bought lemons/limes they are in the net so a rinse under the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Did the lotto in the app , only to realise I'd done it with the same numbers already:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A young woman of my acquaintance had a "meltdown"(the label given by the non medical "expert") during the first lockdown, was hospitalised and even after months and months there is still no release date.

The non medical "expert" mentioned above, who is the greatest drama queen I've ever met, has labelled this woman a.................Drama Queen!

More than a ta, more a wtf!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

TA'd that 'meme' is pronounced 'meem'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

People misspelling my name in e-mails or in forms even though they actually have the right spelling from my e-mail RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM or they literally have my picture ID IN THEIR HANDS that shows the correct spelling! It's my name, not something you can change as you wish!
    I know it's not a common name, but I make sure to spell other people's names correctly, so why can't they???

In a similar vein: People writing Brittany Spears instead of Britney Spears :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Space Dog wrote: »
    People misspelling my name in e-mails or in forms even though they actually have the right spelling from my e-mail RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM or they literally have my picture ID IN THEIR HANDS that shows the correct spelling! It's my name, not something you can change as you wish!
    I know it's not a common name, but I make sure to spell other people's names correctly, so why can't they???

In a similar vein: People writing Brittany Spears instead of Britney Spears :confused:

I have the same issue with my name. I even had a manager who did it all the time despite being corrected. The manager had the same name as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Space Dog wrote: »

I regularly have people misspell both my first and last names!
    Again, like you, often when they are copying it from my input!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I have a relatively common name but a different spelling. Drives me mad too when I have the correct spelling in my signature but people don't use it. Grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

On a somewhat similar note, when parents give their children first names that closely match their surname. Some examples:

Peter Peterson
    Michael Michaelson/Michaels
    John Johnston
    Steven Stevenson/Stevens
    Andy Anderson
    Robert Robertson/Roberts

I mean, come ON!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I bought new birdseed and there must be crack cocaine or something in it, it's like a scene from The Birds in my garden right now. I have pigeons, hooded crows, a magpie, sparrows, a chaffinch and about a million starlings all going mental out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,414 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

cj maxx wrote: »
    Did the lotto in the app , only to realise I'd done it with the same numbers already:(

You could be the first lotto winner to share the jackpot with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Drivers who shoot out in front of you from a minor road, causing you to brake suddenly to avoid a collision, and then proceed to crawl at a snails pace. Like wtf did you bomb it out in front of me, the faster moving vehicle on the major road, if you are not going to drive like Speedy Gonzalez?

I think that all cars should be fitted with a forward facing tank inspired gun to blow these feckers off the road in such instances (and many more but I'd be here for the rest of the year listing them out).

If I could thank this post a million times I would :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sitting at an outdoor launderette waiting for the selfish fcuk to come back and collect their finished wash so I can start mine.
    Thinking of tossing their stuff out on the ground...
    Someone dare me...

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sitting at an outdoor launderette waiting for the selfish fcuk to come back and collect their finished wash so I can start mine.
    Thinking of tossing their stuff out on the ground...
    Someone dare me...

I double dog dare you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement