Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

AxleAddict wrote: »
    On a somewhat similar note, when parents give their children first names that closely match their surname. Some examples:

Peter Peterson
    Michael Michaelson/Michaels
    John Johnston
    Steven Stevenson/Stevens
    Andy Anderson
    Robert Robertson/Roberts

I mean, come ON!!!!

Could be worse...

Neville Neville was a British league cricketer, football agent and director. His sons are the former professional association football players Gary Neville and Phil Neville and his daughter is the professional netball player and coach Tracey Neville

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

AxleAddict wrote: »
    On a somewhat similar note, when parents give their children first names that closely match their surname. Some examples:

Peter Peterson
    Michael Michaelson/Michaels
    John Johnston
    Steven Stevenson/Stevens
    Andy Anderson
    Robert Robertson/Roberts

I mean, come ON!!!!

Depends where the family originally originate from.

In Iceland they don't do surnames but add son/doitter to the parents first name .......soooooo a son of Robert will become x Robertson.....so if you name child after their dad it will be Robert Robertson etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I double dog dare you.

Lucky she came around the corner swiftly after...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sitting at an outdoor launderette waiting for the selfish fcuk to come back and collect their finished wash so I can start mine.
    Thinking of tossing their stuff out on the ground...
    Someone dare me...

You should have put all her stuff on you... she’d never have drifted off for any reason again. ;):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Strumms wrote: »
    You should have put all her stuff on you... she’d never have drifted off for any reason again. ;):eek:
    Scuse me.. if she saw me modelling her stuff, she'd think I was an Instagram model!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Drivers who shoot out in front of you from a minor road, causing you to brake suddenly to avoid a collision, and then proceed to crawl at a snails pace. Like wtf did you bomb it out in front of me, the faster moving vehicle on the major road, if you are not going to drive like Speedy Gonzalez?

I think that all cars should be fitted with a forward facing tank inspired gun to blow these feckers off the road in such instances (and many more but I'd be here for the rest of the year listing them out).

Yesterday evening I pulled into one of those lay-bys on a motorway to answer an important call about a vaccine appointment and take down info. All done, I re-entered the motorway with thankfully no cars in the left-hand lane. Gained speed before merging with no hassle.

Suddenly, this van appeared in the right hand lane, making dramatic braking motions, blowing his horn and clearly shouting obscenities at me through the window. Whats worse, he had his pre-teen son beside him making hand gestures and following his lead. Excellent parenting. It's amazing how not even one fellow road user in my vicinity noticed anything wrong with my driving.

I eventually caught up with him further down the motorway, and made sure to wave at him sarcastically when I overtook him. He had a face on him like a bulldog after licking piss off of a nettle.

Unnecessary road-rage is a massive TA. Your aforementioned tank would have come in handy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Went into local Iceland today for a couple of bits I couldn't be arsed going across town for. I rarely go in as there isn't a lot in there for me.
    Spotted the Greggs section and impulse bought these cheese and bacon pastries. Whacked them in the oven when I got home. Friday treat and all that.
    Fcuking ROTTEN. I've a mind to drink bleach to put the taste out of my mouth.

Note to self: Stick to the healthy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

People who have difficulty with service from a company such as repair/refund/services, or whatever and then throw in that theres medical issues or a death or the child was crying all night, hoping that this will make the company act any faster.
    If they've no sympathy with their level of service, then they ain't gonna show any sympathy when its something completely irrelevant.
    Always found this way of acting to be ridiculous and now very TA!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Those nose rings you see a lot of younger girls wearing.
    I can't even look at pics of them without grimacing

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    Well, guess what! Yep, another text message. I'm reporting them.
    And another text yesterday, and a phone call this morning. I swear, debt collectors wouldn't be pestering me as much. This makes (if I haven't lost count), 8 texts, 6 emails and three phone calls from the AA. I've renewed with the same company they were proposing, but for €290 cheaper. They must be mad if they think they'd convince me to renew with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Seems I can no longer visit the bathroom without both the dog and toddler coming in to claim me. There's a battle as they trample each other to get closest to me. Then OH comes in, "oh sorry I didn't know you were here, the door was open". So, officially the entire family goes to the bathroom together now. And I thought the neighbours were strange :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Antares35 wrote: »
    Seems I can no longer visit the bathroom without both the dog and toddler coming in to claim me. There's a battle as they trample each other to get closest to me. Then OH comes in, "oh sorry I didn't know you were here, the door was open". So, officially the entire family goes to the bathroom together now. And I thought the neighbours were strange :D

Yeah my daily poo was a family affair for a while too :pac: They are old enough now so I can lock the door but there was no such thing as privacy until the youngest turned 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My phone reception has gone wonky. I was trying to pay my car tax and the bank verification texts got mixed up so I had to ring the bank to get unblocked from paying. I was on hold for 20 mins then I had to try again, so basically waited for the text to come through but had to run outside the house to receive it then run back in before it expired. Finally managed it, what a fcking hassle.

Absolutely devastated. The underage team I am part of the management team of got beaten today by a penalty shoot-out which a rare occurrence in gaelic football.

My TA is that I was couldn't stop crying for a good hour after the match. Invested time and energy into those lads and they are great chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Wasted an hour of my life trying to get Android Auto to connect to my rental car. The phone was charging so I knew it wasn't a problem with the actual connection.

It turns out deep in the car settings is a setting to use Android Auto or Apple Carplay. That setting should be much more prominent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who constantly take pictures of their dogs while out on walks.
    I walked 5km today- picture of nice area with the dog running around. Why? Why post that you walked any distance and post a picture of your dog? Same with many dog owners, I was at some place with a beautiful sunset and fecking dog in the shot.
    The real bug bear is the nature lover - In some special area of conservation or place with rare flowers and a shot of the area with dog off the lead running around.

For the love of god just open a separate social media page for your bloody dog pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd much rather someone show me pictures of their dog than their children

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

PsychoPete wrote: »

Don't need family, pets etc just the scenery

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When your nose gets blocked while you are sleeping so you end up breathing through your mouth all night and you wake up with the pillow and half your face soaked in drool.

Form an orderly queue, ladies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

spookwoman wrote: »
    People who constantly take pictures of their dogs while out on walks.
    I walked 5km today- picture of nice area with the dog running around. Why? Why post that you walked any distance and post a picture of your dog? Same with many dog owners, I was at some place with a beautiful sunset and fecking dog in the shot.
    The real bug bear is the nature lover - In some special area of conservation or place with rare flowers and a shot of the area with dog off the lead running around.

For the love of god just open a separate social media page for your bloody dog pictures.

It's for the 'gram with their new fashion accessory.
    Enjoy it while you can Fido, before you get dumped at the animal rescue door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

PsychoPete wrote: »

The one that just annoyed me. Clicking on youtube. Clicked on one where a little pup followed someone home. Took care of the pup and all that, grand.

But it quickly started to annoy me as there were statement captions on the video such as 'dogs have souls like we do'.

Now I thought about this logically. Whether a person is religious or not. Isn't this anthropomorphism to extreme levels?

As this assumes that the animal believes in a higher power? Or is it dependant on the dogs personal choice as some dogs may be atheist? How would the human know? Was the dog caught praying with his paws together or what?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Whether a person is religious or not. Isn't this anthropomorphism to extreme levels?

As this assumes that the animal believes in a higher power? Or is it dependant on the dogs personal choice as some dogs may be atheist? How would the human know? Was the dog caught praying with his paws together or what?

These are the eternal questions. You may be comforted to know that dogs get a bit philosophical every now and then too.

what-if-i-never-find-out-whos-a-good-boy-49762807.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Not in the mood for the missus today.

She thinks because I'm a man, I fit the stereotype of being blind as a bat when something is right in front of me, when in actuality the thing she's asking me to look for is not there.

She rang me asking me to look for a gift bag in the press, and I went in to look for it and all I could see was a Christmas gift bag, that there were no other ones there. She said to me to keep looking, to which I cleared out the whole press full of bags and there was only two Christmas gift bags, with the rest of them being shopping bags.

She [now annoyed] told me to go on video call, to which I said no just take my word for it, there are none here.

She actually drove home, came in, noticed I was telling the truth, then said it doesn't matter..... Then, on her way back out the door, turned around and said to me "don't be leaving those bags on the floor - I want them cleared when I get home"

I love you so much my dear, but kindly **** off right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

There was a group of about 10 joggers in Phoenix Park today. They were crossing a T junction which they are obviously perfectly entitled to do and was doing so safely and without any problems.

A cyclist then approached them from the side road and instead of stopping for a few seconds until the group passed, he just continued right into the middle of the group effing and blinding at the joggers. He was just centimetres away from them.

What an absolute tool! The way he reacted you'd think the joggers were trespassing on his private land. He had absolutely no self-awareness that what he was doing was actually wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Have no headphones in the office when there is two lads on a Monday moanfest. It's like listening to the Joe Duffy show with added F word every sentence.

They have covered the crappy vaccine rollout :confused:, the housing crisis and their wives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

spookwoman wrote: »
    Don't need family, pets etc just the scenery

Don't even need the scenery. Who actually gives a fork about how far you walked/ran/wheeled? You're literally only providing a "like" button to someone who's blindly scrolling while they're bored on the bus/on the loo/having dinner with their partner.

How empty are ppl's lives that they need to feel validated by strangers?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Had an electrician in to fit 2 new light fittings in the hallway at the start of June. He spent quite a while huffing and puffing at them but eventually got them up and working. hurrah.

Today we discovered that the big light and spotlights in the living room is no longer working. Not a huge issue seeing as how we never use them (literally the first time we tried to turn them on was 22 days after the electrician left) but it's kinda annoying and I can't understand how him faffing with the hall lights has affected the living room lights. Gonna have to call him back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

oneweb wrote: »
    Don't even need the scenery. Who actually gives a fork about how far you walked/ran/wheeled? You're literally only providing a "like" button to someone who's blindly scrolling while they're bored on the bus/on the loo/having dinner with their partner.

How empty are ppl's lives that they need to feel validated by strangers?

If you run 10km did you even run 10km if nobody likes your post about it? : D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

The thought of flipping love Island starting tonight. Is it all I'm going to hear about it on the radio for the next couple of months? And not forgetting it's hosted by the unlikeable Laura. Painful!

• Advertisement

Was out in the outdoor terrace of a local hotel yesterday evening for some tapas and drinks with the missus. Couldn't fault the food as it was lovely and reasonably priced but their drinks service was deplorable. I timed that it took on average twenty minutes between ordering a pint and it arriving at the table. The GF ordered a cocktail and after the same period of time, the waiter came back to say they hadn't the ingredients for said cocktail- cue another lengthy wait as they prepared an alternative.I mean how long does it take to realise that?

Another time they came with the wrong order, and did so to another table too. It wasn't like they were swamped with people either- there were only two couples outside the entire terrace and plenty of service staff to cover any guests dining inside. They were lightening quick to come out with the bill and card machine of course. I'm usually care-free when it comes to things like that but it really annoyed me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement