Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Reels and short videos in FB. How many times do I need to tell you I don’t want to watch them, there should be an Off button for ads and videos and BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A load of new releases came out on Friday. Didn't order as they'd probably arrive Saturday when there would be nobody here.

All of us unexpectedly stuck at home for weekend so ordered yesterday. Was hoping they'd come today but no, arriving tomorrow when I'm back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

speaking of crap supermarket experiences..^ bout three weeks ago bought a six pack of cheesy wotsits… just a nice novelty as it’s probably a decade or more since I enjoyed a pack. After my sandwich there I noticed one pack remained so I grabbed it…. Didn’t seem much wrong but just noticed the best before date as I binned the pack…

four days out of date… not impressed with ****** Stores selling multipacks of crisps with just two or so weeks remaining on the dates…. Will be looking a little more closely on the best before dates on everything from there going on from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It really pisses me off but WWF got rid of Lightning round . Apart from a few friends , it was the only reason I played it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

On that subject got a pack of extra cheesy wotsits and not a bit cheesy they tasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

For this kind of situation they should be on discount at or close to the checkout, separated from the newer packs. Not sure if they even display newer packs at the same time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My pigging mental health turning me inside out seemingly entirely randomly, just totally at its mercy.

ETA I'm putting it in this thread because trying to not give it more power so I'll refer to it as trivial

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I escaped Covid longer than all of my family and most people I know. I eventually succumbed to it after going to a gig (The Cure, hah!) but I really blame the Luas journey afterwards for my contamination.

Today's trivial annoyance is that I have the Super Mario music pinging around in my head. And all because I heard it in the other room when I visited my mother yesterday evening (on Dancing With The Stars).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When an important politician is giving a piece to camera, and 2 of their gimps have to stand either side of them and look around awkwardly, whilst nodding in agreement the odd time.

Do they not realise how stupid they look? Why are they needed? Why does the interviewee not say, "get out of picture lads, you look daft standing there".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

"You have been selected to get a free gift"

NO I HAVEN'T!

One of my email accounts has been getting emails telling me Screwfix have selected me to receive a free gift and now after deleting about ten of them Tesco have selected me.

Edit> ffs its Screwfix and Tesco again but this time they are joined by Morrisons and Boots.

Post edited by The Continental Op on

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Converting binary into decimal 😵 and then vice versa 😵😫

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Why do some businesses bother having an email address or a contact form when they apparently have no notion of replying to queries!

I really feel bad because I seem to try and top a previous posters TA but they often remind me of my own TA's

Anyway this week I was expecting a delivery and contacted the seller about when it would arrive. They gave me the phone number of the haulage company that had picked the coal up.

My TA is that the phone number despite also being on their website is not in use. Eventually they got back to me after a web inquiry with a mobile phone number to contact. Still waiting for coal its got 6mins to arrive if it comes within the time frame I was give :-0

Edit> Coal arrived nothing to be TAed about there :-)

Post edited by The Continental Op on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

We all have our own desks in this open plan office. Is a very bright and modern office.

The guy beside me keeps putting his laptop cable or headphone or pastry brown paper bag creeping over to my desk. Why?? There is lots and lots of room. My desk is not for his rubbish

I don’t think it’s done out of badness or that it’s mind games. He is just oblivious and leaves empty yoghurts and multiple empty teacups on his desk all day. Slobbish behaviour.

I’ve said it a few times and twice I got thick about it I’ve pushed stuff off my desk over to his side

Again today nothing has changed, le sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Those mad haircuts young fellas have the ones with both sides of head shaved really short (basically a 0 haircut) but leaving a big mop behind for the rest of their head.

I mean who thought that looks good? Who made it "fashionable"? It reminds me of those "Vikings" tv series. Was it that? Jayus....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

You obviously don't watch NCIS. Its like Gibbs's Marine Haircut. Whats on the side is the marine corps what goes in the beret is yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you spot a Nutella jar in the cupboard and you've just made toast and you go pick up the jar and it's very light because it's empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Was over at local butchers earlier. There was noone behind counter except one cutting up meat. She just dry wiped her hands, took my order and payment and went straight back to cutting meat. She should have washed her hands. Manky.

My other annoyance is after knocking down parts of two walls the source of two leaks can't be found.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm off to France for the rugby. At Gatwick, my phone decided that it's become suddenly allergic to the BA app so I've had to find a machine to print my boarding pass.

Also, all of the milk at Carrefour Express was not in the fridge. It's also UHT. I was under the impression that there's no demand for it because it's sh*te.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

The mini supermarket was out of my favourite muffins …. The milk chocolate one with white chocolate pieces…. 😋 First time ever they’ve been out, and I had a goo on me for one from before going to the gym.

ended up treating myself to a Galaxy bar which unless my hands are growing … shrinkflation time for those too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Where you went wrong I think was, it was the time when you chance something new - go wild.

It will be one of two things - not as good as muffins with white pieces - in which case you would have another Trivial Annoyance.

Or better/equal to your muffins - in which case you would have a Trivial thing that would make you happy.

--

As regards the shrinking of food, I enjoy me packet of Tayto but it has got to the stage where I wonder should I be eating a second normal size pack - 25grams does not seem right.

I have done a quick internet search to try and find how many grams a packet of Tayto used to be years ago. Nothing, stuff like that must only be hidden on the "dark web" - and that has annoyed me even more

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Agreed…

ohh and my research shows that indeed Galaxy chocolate since last Autumn are 10 grams lighter and often dearer… getting less, for more !

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66924100

Photobucket still sending me emails to say my account has been marked for deletion.

This is about the 50th email I have received from them over last couple of years. Sometimes they change the wording, to something like "if you don't want to lose your photos", or "you have one week to login".

I just keep ignoring the emails, and yet, despite A LOT of warnings, them seem to not want to delete my account.

Just delete it FFS

This new GAA 'star', who happened to take his girlfriend to Adare Manor to propose to her, yet he also appears to have taken a photographer with them as well, so we could all see the magic moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Open plan offices.

Bosses love them but they wouldn't be seen dead working in one themselves. Ooh I'm waaay too important for that!!

It's like being a peasant or a passenger in the steerage part of a ship to be in open plan.

Post edited by whisky_galore on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Gobshites who get their dreary weddings and saccharine backstory into the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Always find it funny that the managers, who talk glowingly of the office “culture”, water-cooler chats and the connections open plan offices provide, are the ones who pounce on anyone chatting across the desks or while getting a water/tea/coffee.

They are also the ones desperate to get people back into the office, regardless of any improved productivity from working from home.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The 25g packets of Tayto are from the multi-packs. The regular Tayto packet sold singularly are 37g. I just bought a packet in the work vending machine to confirm it. (The things I do...) 😄😉

But it is annoying that there are rarely photos to show the difference with various products between now and 'then' (whenever your 'then' was).

I thought I might have found an answer for Tayto in the link below...but no.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In early November I requested documents under GDPR. The person in charge of the request form (and it wasn't a temp or someone on work experience) asked me "What does GDPR mean?". I looked at her as if she had lived under a rock in a cave in the desert for the past 8 years (and then some) and then told her what it meant. After waiting over two months, last week I got about a third of what I had requested, with no explanation as to why I wasn't given the rest, but they insisted I signed to confirm receipt of everything. I refused and put in a disclaimer. "Now I'll have to go back and forth between the offices all over again.". "Not my problem, you knew what I had asked for and what you gave me. Please sort out the rest of my request." "You'll have to submit the form again". Like hell I will, you got the first form (which was officially registered and given a file number), you'll have to work with that. I know you're doing it to try and exasperate me and you're trying to hide something (that's why I asked for the stuff in the first place).

They got a written complaint (which will get a file number too) for their trouble. Now we'll see what happens. If they don't comply, I'll report them and it'll hit them like a ton of bricks. Turns out everyone in the place has access to the data (whether they should or not), including people in reception. Shower of bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement