Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,919 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went to the shop to buy a topup for ESB . Of course I dropped the card on the road ,and under the car . The looks I was getting trying to retrieve it . ! I must have looked like I was full drunk and rolling on the footpath for fun 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"It's time to smash the inequality in sport".

It's not inequality, in fact so much is being done to promote women's sports, its just that most folk, especially women, couldn't be ar&ed to go and watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just need to look at tennis for any perceived inequality- women's Australian Open champion earned the same prize money as the men's despite playing FAR fewer sets.

If I don't watch soccer beyond Premier League/Champions League because the quality dips, I sure as heck ain't going to watch any women's sport.

My TA: my phone charger has got so delicate that I need to balance the phone in an particular way to charge it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Unable to get The Bill series 9 on DVD so forced to watch its 155 episodes on YouTube (3 per week). It only got a release in Australia so very expensive to import via Fedex (can’t risk An Post). Watched the first one on Friday on my semi smart TV & there were ads every 5 minutes. Can’t see myself putting up with this for the next 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,919 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When I go for s sit down on the toilet and when I’m all finished ( flushed, and hands washed ) there’s still a bit of pee to do . Every time 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 38,286 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hillbillys staff forgot to put the gravy in

Paid for it too grrr

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not ideal but - get an adblock for your phone/laptop that works on YT, connect the phone/laptop to your TV with a cable or "cast" it to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Thanks.

If I have an adblock for YouTube on my laptop will that work when I'm logged into YouTube on my TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Myself and the OH went to my favourite local cafe for coffee and a scone yesterday morning. There was only one person working there and she forgot our scones. She was on her own and looked insanely busy so I didn’t have the heart to tell her that she forgot our scones. The coffee tasted bitter also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm not sure. I guess the adblock would have to be installed on your TV and I doubt that'd be possible - that's why I suggested 'casting' or using a cable.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yes, if the adblocker is on the laptop, it will only block the ads when the images are coming from the laptop, as you said, from casting or the HDMI (or whatever) cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Even king of woke virtue signalling Shane Coleman admitted he probably wouldn't go only he has a connection to the game, training them or some such. Let's face it, it's of fringe appeal only and the place would be next to empty but for friends and family of players. You can't drum up interest in things people have marginal or no interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

RE: Ads. I used an adblocker for ages then found them less and less successful. Started using the Brave Browser which blocks ads on youtube perfectly.

Wake me up when it's all over.

My TA to start the day is I'm sat in front of the screen eating toast and got marmite one finger and then started typing ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Electric car debate.

You've people dead against them and can't see any advantage of them.

Then you've those

Who can't accept any negatives about them.

Feel bad for even mentioning this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Duran Duran vs. Spandau Ballet, Take That vs. Boyzone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The happy land is somewhere in between.

I know many folk who are dead against them, but theyll have no choice someday to try one.

And who knows, they might actually like them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When you have something in the oven for half an hour and then your realize you never turned up the temperature 🤬🤬

Why is it that when there is an obnoxious/overly loud fan watching soccer in a pub, they tend to support Liverpool?

Just witnessed one eff and blind at everything but then get up and leave as soon as Arsenal scored a calamitious second.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That’s probably down to there being very few irish Man United still supporting them, C.

Since they’ve gone rubbish their Irish fans have ditched them to either not “follow” soccer anymore or they’ve taken up supporting the League of Ireland, mostly Shamrock Rovers or Bohs.

It’s great for LoI to get the extra numbers in attendance but you’d have to worry that should United get back on top these fickle, fair-weather, ex-fans will “drop” them just as quickly as they dropped their original club.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

YT won't allow you to use adblockers now.....threaten to suspend your account until you get rid of them. It's almost unwatchable with double adverts before vids.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I can tell you, I don't know any United fans that have jumped ship. Coincidentally, I don't know any United fans that go spare at the telly when they are live either.

My TA: have had the sniffles for a while, and it had since moved to the chest. Damn phlemy coughs

• Registered Users Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yep, and adds smack in the middle of the longer videos, we have google to thank, like I said before it’s now verging an advertising platform with videos instead of a video platform with a few adds…. Way too many.. and whatever add algorithm they have for me… i don’t look at any videos on there or anywhere nor do I have an interest in / about… fishing, camping, home improvement, car repairs or car accessories…. So why the thundering tubfück do I want to see those advertisements…. ? The only car accessory I bought in my lifetime was a steering lock but now cars have immobilisers…so…. They are just trying to bug the fûck out of people to spunk money on premium by annoying them…they make either way, hell of a … TA

stfu and use the Brave Browser - it works honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

This advert is really starting to grate. Its on constantly.

Lidl have pumped some money into it buying all that airtime but I can't but help think that if they handed out that money to each of the LGFA county teams it would benefit them more.

The biggest barrier at the moment for equality in ladies gaelic games lies at the hands of the LGFA and Camogie Association. If they pulled the finger out and pushed for the amalgamation harder with the GAA it would be a major step forward, but I suspect neither tribe wants to hand over its territory.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement