Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The amount of social media scams, cons and fakery… instagram I still adore but it’s getting really bad… yet another…. “hello there dear…“ private message from some scammer gimp out in Africa, as opposed to the very pale good looking Nordic young wan who appears in their profile pic…..😅

the ‘hello dear’ being the absolute give away from the get go, just **** off and die, the lot of ya and let us all just enjoy our social media, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sandz066

My 2 housemates keep putting wet tea towels/ other items on or right beside the radiator in the utility room where 3 of us hang our washing on clothes horses. How can they not get that it blocks the hot air circulating to the rest of the room and drying the clothes 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Make sure you've a window open or you'll end up with a massive mould problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

On BBC news a story about Yodel being in financial trouble . I’ll have to get dressed and actually go to shops now !

What is the world coming to 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

deltd

• Advertisement

I think I’m becoming allergic to coffee. My morning coffee makes me nauseous , but if I skip it I’m a nervous wreck . I’m just gonna have to go cold turkey and start drinking tea .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Misleading packaging. No not claims about how a product will perform but packaging that looks like it will come off one way when it won't.

Just had a ready meal for lunch. Microwaved it and there is an obvious tab on the film for you to pull to remove the film. When you do the film all around the outside comes off leaving the film over the food still there and stuck down. You have to use a knife to cut the film all around the edge.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had occasion to do this today while buying trousers. very satisfying.

And I still don’t have it…. 30 minutes to end of business…..😵‍💫🤌🏻

christ, how difficult is it to put a box in a van & deliver to an address, mind bogglingly easy, or it should be.

they have the correct address and my home phone number should there be anything they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The video-footage-of-accident ghouls are really bad. Mostly from Indonesia. They really are such inferior people.

You see them on Facebook spamming newspaper reports on car crashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Was in Lidl earlier. Just pushing my trolley down the middle isle, minding my own business, this girl about 8 steps in front of my trolly and stares at me. She looks lost or something, so I ask her if she's OK.

"I'm sorry for laughing at you", she says, quite confidently. I've no idea what she's talking about. "I didn't see you laughing at me..." I say. "I'm really sorry!", she emphatically replies, and next thing her mother pats her on the head, smiles at me sympathetically, and they both walk off. I hear myself saying "Thanks!" for some reason, then it dawns on me that I've absolutely no idea why this child would have cause to laugh at me to such an extent that her mother felt that it was serious enough that an embarrassing apology was required. I can only imagine her saying "No, you can't laugh at that, he was born that way... go and say sorry right now!".

Scuttle off to the freezer isle to check myself. Nothing's amiss that I can see. Head home and ask my wife. "Well, it doesn't look like there's anything wrong with you today" is as reassuring as she can be.

I'm not leaving the house again.

• A fit and healthy well groomed female friend of mine, aged 64, in Florida, was out shopping & minding own business like yourself, next thing a man aged about 60 approached her and said “you really great to be so independent at your age, just like my 90 year old uncle, he goes to the shop himself too”.

I get that feeling constantly. People being overly friendly or extremely helpful to me , then I get paranoid and wonder do I look like I need help . Like a child or imbecile .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Last year I was going at a gig in Dublin so I decided to stay up there. When the gig was over, after the walk from the venue to my hotel, I was a bit tired, with my back hurting so I sat down on a bench outside my hotel for a minute, slightly out of breath.

This junkie comes up to me, asking if I'm alright, seemingly out of concern because he didn't ask for anything. I said I was grand and he said "Are you sure?" before continuing on his way. I was sitting there thinking "How bad do I look?!?".

I thought it was Thursday. I had planned on a takeaway on Friday .

the fact that I needed to send an email to the above business, a very polite one enquiring where my delivery might be as it’s well overdue…

the fact that I’m yet to receive a reply….yet there have been social media posts on Facebook and Twitter from them tonight post 8pm…. hours after my email…

So marketing looking for new business, trumps customer services and helping existing customers whose money they have who’d like nothing more than to just find out where their stuff is. Fukkkkking *******

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not that I'm defending them exactly but so many people and businesses schedule social media posts to pop up at popular night/weekend times that makes it look like they are constantly available which is your TA sorta extended

• Registered Users Posts: 38,282 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The 'is everything ok' when your deep into eating your grub can be frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having internet and phone line issues since before Christmas, as a person with access to the internet at work and capable of amusing myself without the internet I'm doing ok with the sit.

BUT

1. There was confusion over a healthcare appointment and when I told them to call the landline, they called the mobile I told them wasn't working.
    2. The person I told my mobile wasn't working and why responded with, is your number changing?
    3. Called to make a long overdue appointment (also healthcare) they said they would call back and I said just email me the available dates as the phones are unreliable here. The HCP rang the landline with has a reception which is akin to shouting to a deaf person in a blizzard.

All of these ppl have been told about the communications woe when they first happened. 😡

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Three telemarketers. I’ve told them to stop calling me but I get several weekly . Im not being xenophobic, but with their Indian accent I can’t understand what the hell they’re saying .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Still sick, went to doctor yesterday and apparently I've an acute respiratory virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I've had a really bad cold all week. No temperature, so not flu, tested for covid, not that. Delerious, couldn't sleep, couldn't taste anything, only now getting back to normal but still weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When your in a pub on a table with mates and some drunker person not within the circle takes the chance to fall into a seat when one becomes vacant and doesn't recognise that the person they end up talking to wants their world to swallow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just heard someone on the news being described as from the 1900's

Post edited by blade1 on

Finally, an email reply…

’Kahlid’ in their Paris head office, sends me the same courier link which is still blank… package ‘ not found ‘.

the lazy cûnt couldn’t be arsed clicking on the link himself to see what the problem was… just … “ yeah here, delivery, link, package, something, erm… “…..

So this progressed further.

An obtrusive, nosey hick that didn't know boundaries was annoying us all night, and eventually made my wife cry at the end of the night.

I wouldn't have a violent bone in my body, but I respectfully told him to eff off before I laid him out with a box.

The rugby set vociferously celebrating Ireland going 36-0 up in the pub in a one-sided game (with decorum of course) while an actual global sport is consigned to a postage stamp telly in the corner. Arsenal match was switched off at HT because it was over.

Almost as bad as the wannabee American's whose only personality trait is that they follow the NFL and this weekend is the Super Bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The roads are empty when a popular match is on. Everywhere is quiet and you can hear the birds singing. But as soon as the match is over, it's endless noisy stupid dumb traffic queues again, and people mindlessly driving everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭elgicko

Some inconsiderate idiot opening their door and denting my car door in a car park, despite having ample room to get in/out!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement