Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The cloudflare thing I get when boards was down , and I had no place to put it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bad bastard gateway errors, I'm irritable enough thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I keep getting some else's flights details.

Happening with around a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The cough turned out to be the precursor to a bad cold that absolutely floored me for the last 2 days. Over the worst thankfully but I was a zombie for the past maybe 36 hours.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Log in as them. If you reset their password the link should arrive into your inbox, then you could remove your email account or change it to something like noemail@noemail.com.

• Advertisement

I know it shouldn't happen but has the person that they are meant for the same email or as me for their flight s?

Will they get locked out if I change?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Could the person have the same e-mail address as you except it should be with .com.au instead of just .com? (Are the flights always Australia-related?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

******* who put their bag of dog crap in your compost bin.

The realisation, after getting so many cards yesterday, that I'm going to have to break a lot of hearts! 🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Enquire about a specific item but the salesperson is trying to sell you a similar but different thing.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

The new wooden utensils. Handy, yet horrible.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The ones you got from your Mam and your Nan and your Aunties don't count, you know. Those from businesses don't either.

😁 :pac:

@blade1

Changing their email address would lock them out, they'd have to contact the airline to get themselves sorted. It's almost impossible for them to have the exact same email as you, e.g. gmail "reserves" similar addresses for the same person, e.g. namesurname, name.surname, name_surname, etc.

There was someone a while back that had signed up to FB using my mother's email account. Mam kept getting FB notifications. It went on for over a year. We ended up closing their FB account (they had little to no activity, anyway, and the noemail@noemail.com wasn't working because FB was asking for an account validation). If they opened a new one, they didn't use Mam's account any more.

Actually I did get one from my mother 🤣

Doubt she knew much about it unfortunately 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've had this a couple of times with people using my email address to sign up for online accounts. I've had notifications about deliveries and such so I know they have the same name as me but live in scotland. I have done what others have suggested which is to get the password reset so it locks them out. I then close the account. Not great for them but i dont want accounts out there linked to me via my email address.

Username checks out 😁.

It's an old eMail address that I use for nothing anymore and iirc I stop using it a good few years back because i was getting someone's MandM orders emailed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who can't say please or thank you without a ridiculous amount of effort as it would kill them to be nice to another human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

I've noticed a few people out walking their dog with that face harness thing. It restricts the dog from putting its head down. There is nothing a dog likes doing more than sniffing around outside. It's totally natural. These things are awful.

Facebook. I only use it for cousins abroad , but the feckers who keep sharing stupid promotions , you know the ones , like and share this and you’re in the draw for a free coffee !!!😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Or the ones that try to guilt you into sharing, you know the ones like "Let's see who my true friends are, if they share this message." Give me a break, that is not the measure of a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

How can a ‘99’ ice cream be advertised as a ‘99’ when it is priced 2:90??

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

An An Post delivery to my address from a government department.

however despite the address being mine, the name on the envelope is not mine or anyone here. The name is a Middle Eastern sounding name.

nobody of the name is in the immediate vicinity of where I live..

if it’s a scammer using my address, as is possible / probable , my mail box is very secure so I’m not sure how they figured they’d intercept the envelope…. Postmen worth their salt don’t hand over post to weirdo randomers claiming to live at X address on the street outside those properties….

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭danfrancisco83

Kourtney Kardashian is a great example of this. "Thaaaaaannk yoouuuuu"....but what she actually means is "this is beneath me, I shouldn't have to thank you for anything, but seeing as there is a camera here, I'm gonna make sure everybody hears how much effort it is for me".

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭danfrancisco83

Thing that annoys me, people tasting things.

Me when I'm tasting something : Put it in my mouth, and eat is as normal. The taste thing happens automatically, no need to do anything special.

Other people tasting something : Furrow brow, stare into the middle distance, slowly bring food item toward mouth. Put item in mouth, but don't close your mouth. Make as much noise as possible, smacking lips together, slosh the food around your mouth, still making a face like you're constipated. Then slowly look up, with furrowed brow and give a slow nodding approval.

And the ones who post prayers for people with cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Another thread tonight reminded me. My pet hate are people who refer to themselves or others by their generational name like boomer, gen z etc. People are way too influenced by Americanisms, social media, what their favourite celeb thinks about anything and mob rule.

Few people these days have an original thought or opinion or are too afraid of sharing it in case they get "cancelled" by a righteous mob of trolls/keyboard warriors pedalling what is becoming absurd ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

There's a lot to be annoyed with on facebook, those random spammer messages saying "I like your posts, please send me a friend request" are becoming pervasive, facebook is filled with trolls now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Public transport snobs

My teammate came to work moaning and complaining that he brought his car for a service and the garage would not give a free replacement car for a few hours. I do not know if that is usual or not as I don’t drive

Helpful me who gets buses every day said oh the garage is 2km ans I know at least 5 bus routes between our office and the garage. He could leave it for the service and return at lunchtime

I received such a look of disgust 😏 as if to say “get the bus??”

Well I must be a peasant so and I am happy with my public transport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Apart from his bus aversion (which is ridiculous), if it was only 2km from the garage to work, would he not just walk it? What would that take, about 20 minutes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement