Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That new animated film Luca, people are reading gay themes into it, in spite of the director saying there aren't any. And he should know right?

They're supposed to be Italian, Italian kids.

Italians, pre covid anyhow, cheek kiss in greeting, Italian kids frequently go arm in arm or hand in hand, Male-female, female-female or Male-male. I know its pride week, month or whatever it is but there doesn't have to be a gay subtext in every fecking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Watching a documentary on RTÉ, like, where the young athletes are, like, talking about their training and, like, adding like to, like, every few words, like.

I swear if I met someone who did that, I'd bring a bell so they'd realise how often they do it :pac:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

oneweb wrote: »
    Watching a documentary on RTÉ, like, where the young athletes are, like, talking about their training and, like, adding like to, like, every few words, like.

I swear if I met someone who did that, I'd bring a bell so they'd realise how often they do it :pac:

It's as annoying as when people use "was like" instead of "said". Recalling a conversation and all you hear is "I was like" and "she was like" and then "he was like". It's SAID! The word you're looking for is said!

That feels better :D

Ah Love Island night. TA already the Facebook posts have started, instructing us all to "be nice". The problem is I don't comment "would you ever fúck off" enough under such posts. Imagine how liberating that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Love Island is back!
    How long does it last?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My sister in law can't stand TV shows or films that are not realistic, thought that Game of Thrones was nonsense from beginning to end because dragons don't really exist (she isn't able to suspend her disbelief. She rolls her eyes at anything that's fiction), but ironically will tune into Love Island day one and binge it every year; inarguably the fakest show in the world full of the absolute worst type of humans imaginable; shallow, fake and disgusting to look at.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Antares35 wrote: »
    It's as annoying as when people use "was like" instead of "said". Recalling a conversation and all you hear is "I was like" and "she was like" and then "he was like". It's SAID! The word you're looking for is said!

That feels better :D

Bonus points if delivered in a would-be American accent. Aaaaaargh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I listen to gaming podcasts I hate it when someone says this is a good game But I can, t get 60 frames per second
    At 4k mode hdr
    I, d be happy to play every game on Xbox at 1080p HD 60fps
    I don't care about 4k visuals
    Just tell me is it a good game or not
    Most people still have 1080p tvs
    Are am i out of touch
    It's like someone saying I got a new BMW but it doesn't go at 200mph
    I know we are in a pandemic
    Most cafes are closed
    But I see blokes just pissing against a wall of buildings
    Eg they don't even bother going down a lane anymore

Ah Love Island night. TA already the Facebook posts have started, instructing us all to "be nice". The problem is I don't comment "would you ever fúck off" enough under such posts. Imagine how liberating that would be.

I could not give less fücks about LI manufactured hype and fakery.
    It really is a low point in the history of television.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Rosanna Davison's "intense household" and "parenting challenge".

Her kids are teething.

So the same issue that every parent and child has to deal with except that most also have to hold down fulltime jobs and do not have bundles of cash in the bank to pay for all the help that can be bought.

Rosanna, would you ever go and **** off you attention seeking narcissistic .........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Her kids are teething.

So the same issue that every parent and child has to deal with except that most also have to hold down fulltime jobs and do not have bundles of cash in the bank to pay for all the help that can be bought.

Rosanna, would you ever go and **** off you attention seeking narcissistic .........

Seconded ! I don't give a flying fig about you Rosie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Her kids are teething.

'Teetha' will save the day for her, judging by her Instagram. Took quick look!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

'Teetha' will save the day for her, judging by her Instagram. Took quick look!

Probably getting paid to post that.

Oh definitely! She's plugging them enough!

Teetha only works when the parent administering it also takes a heavy dose of Jagermeister at the same time.

I'm sick listening to her shíteing on about her challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Teetha only works when the parent administering it also takes a heavy dose of Jagermeister at the same time.

I'm sick listening to her shíteing on about her challenges.

feck the teetha, just drink the jagermeister until you can't hear the crying any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Sand is just as effective as Teetha. I say this as a parent of children who ate a lot of sand.

feck the teetha, just drink the jagermeister until you can't hear the crying any more.

Works a charm until you've a banging head and a screaming bald monkey wakes you at 5am.

Works a charm until you've a banging head and a screaming bald monkey wakes you at 5am.

And poor Rosanna has three! The poor thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

And poor Rosanna has three! The poor thing.

She hasn't ruled out a fourth but the ones she has are "so young and so close in age that our hands are full for now".

Poor girl

Didn't she use a surrogate?

Between her and Vogue Williams .........

• Advertisement

She hasn't ruled out a fourth but the ones she has are "so young and so close in age that our hands are full for now".

Poor girl

Didn't she use a surrogate?

Between her and Vogue Williams .........

Or her nannies' hands! And the charming Laura Whitmore! 3 peas in a pod..

Or her nannies' hands! And the charming Laura Whitmore! 3 peas in a pod..

Pippa O'Connor will be next.

We are turning into a vacuous nation of mouth breathers

Her kids are teething.

It's like those celebrities in huge houses, sleeping on big heaps of money and having cleaners and servants and telling us poories during lockdown that they're "finding it hard"

It's like those celebrities in huge houses, sleeping on big heaps of money and having cleaners and servants and telling us poories during lockdown that they're "finding it hard"

Footballers are another bug bear of mine. Whinging because someone said something nasty about them on twitter.
    The poor guys. Hopefully the wads and wads of cash will make them feel better.

Call me when you have a real problem

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you drink two bottles you can use the stoppers as earplugs.

Today's lifehack was brought to you by the ever-helpful NH.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA by Laura Whitmore.

honeyjo wrote: »
    TA by Laura Whitmore.

Where would you even start?!

Footballers are another bug bear of mine. Whinging because someone said something nasty about them on twitter.

And the stupid high drama they engage in on the pitch when they've been "injured". Rolling around in apparent agony hoping for a penalty. Until they realise the ref didn't see and they jump up, miraculously recovered from having been knocked over by a moth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

in fairness, some of it is a bit much to be upset about, but theres a hell of a lot of horrible **** slung at them from 'fans'. tends to be even worse if the player isnt white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I often wonder do some people milk being trolled.
    They could be a 2000 Tweets about them and 1998 might be positive and two might be negative and they’ve a little melt down over it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement