Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Bredabe wrote: »
    under my nose and that helped a lot.

Mum arrived at the top of the section and started calling to me about how ppl have to wear their masks properly if I didn't adjust mine she would call management, despite me still being a deep shade of red faced, she left the kids in the at the top of the section and walked over to me(still trying to figure out if I was going to pass out or vomit) TO POKE ME IN THE SHOULDER WITH HER FINGER, while still talking about management.

FFS if ppl are that worried about catching something from me, don't shout and poke me putting yourself in potential danger.
    Nice bit of social distancing! You should have said something about her assaulting you...and right where you just got your vaccination jab! ;)

My trivial annoyance was my own fault and deserved for poisoning myself: I was very thirsty and the only chilled drink available was a can of Monster Ultra Red. I gulped down a big mouthful and as I put the can down, a drop bounced back out of the can and hit me on the eyeball. :eek: ;)

Some posters that just love page after page of arguing with whoever will argue with them on a thread. On nearly every thread in current affairs I have a ganders at there's one poster in particular I always see at this and the reason they can keep going on and on is because they keep moving the goalposts to fit their argument. Seriously like, get a life. If you were half as clever as you think you are you'd be working in a job rather than spending all your time having bullsh!t arguments on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Some posters that just love page after page of arguing with whoever will argue with them on a thread. On nearly every thread in current affairs I have a ganders at there's one poster in particular I always see at this and the reason they can keep going on and on is because they keep moving the goalposts to fit their argument. Seriously like, get a life. If you were half as clever as you think you are you'd be working in a job rather than spending all your time having bullsh!t arguments on boards.

The one that gets triggered by even looking sideways at a cyclist and they're on it like a fly to ****e. They must keyword the entire forum on the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Bredabe wrote: »
    TO POKE ME IN THE SHOULDER WITH HER FINGER,.

To me that is physical assault and you would have been in your rights to hit her a slap, or scream assault at the top of your voice!!

When you walk by someone and their feet smell like they've sh!t themselves.....or maybe they have actually sh!t themselves.

• Advertisement

Also, a high percentage of middle aged women in supermarkets are so fookin ignorant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Also, a high percentage of middle aged women in supermarkets are so fookin ignorant.

The Karen Arrogance......the Karrogance has been taken to a whole new level with these lock diggidy downs.

I've seen them going from the unbudgable 2 a brest power walkers on footpaths, to 4 a brest walking down the middle of the road and blocking traffic.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Always the worst. Never worked in retail but I worked in hotels

Would sneer and look down on you as if you were a servant :(

Not all of course, only a percentage. New money types, feeling wealthy and love to kick down minimum wage workers while spending their husbands money on lunch with da girlz :mad:

The richest guy in our town owned a cement factory and was a gentleman and was kind and polite to everyone. Never felt the need to impress or put down others, super fellow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I hope they open up hospitality so that people don't completely lose their livelihoods and we can just get on with living but... I also wish the media, news, political parties and everyone else would just STFU about it. It's been three weeks now. I'm half expecting spoiler alerts to issue at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Always the worst. Never worked in retail but I worked in hotels

Would sneer and look down on you as if you were a servant :(

Not all of course, only a percentage. New money types, feeling wealthy and love to kick down minimum wage workers while spending their husbands money on lunch with da girlz :mad:

The richest guy in our town owned a cement factory and was a gentleman and was kind and polite to everyone. Never felt the need to impress or put down others, super fellow

Ah, but you see, he didn't need to get angry - he always knew he could get rid of the bodies without too much difficulty. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve a dental appointment tomorrow, only a look see and a clean but I’m seeing a new dentist as opposed to my regular dude who as all my treatments are finished including a couple of implants is passing me onto a regular younger dentist for checkups... hopefully she’s ok but I’ve noticed when I’ve been waiting that when she’s walking around she has a miserable face like a constipated walrus and was extremely rude and short once with a receptionist once knowing there were clients in earshot too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had two pint bottles of Macardles Ale yesterday eve. This morning as a result I have heartburn, explosive flatulence and a taste of rusty pennies in my mouth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I had two pint bottles of Macardles Ale yesterday eve. This morning as a result I have heartburn, explosive flatulence and a taste of rusty pennies in my mouth :(

I stopped drinking in December 2019 because of this. I rarely drank Macardles; it was usually Smithwicks. But just wasn’t worth it. No alcohol since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I haven't seen mcardles in years. It used to be a drink for old ladies when I was a lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Walking into work this morning and seeing a man walking his two dogs off the lead and not cleaning up after one of them. Said to him as he crossed the road " no bag then?"..response "mind your own fcuking business"....no wonder theres so much dog crap on the Rialto streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Child in the estate has discovered a love for basketball. And of course he doesn't practice his ball bouncing skills in his own back garden, oh no! He enjoys bouncing his ball up and down the street in front of my house. Every day. All day long. My music isn't loud enough to drown him out. I think I'm gonna have to resort to earphones, or a large knife to burst the ****ing ball.

Christ, it's gonna be one of those days isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Child in the estate has discovered a love for basketball. And of course he doesn't practice his ball bouncing skills in his own back garden, oh no! He enjoys bouncing his ball up and down the street in front of my house. Every day. All day long. My music isn't loud enough to drown him out. I think I'm gonna have to resort to earphones, or a large knife to burst the ****ing ball.

Christ, it's gonna be one of those days isn't it?

I know your pain all too well. Someone set up a hoop at the end of the street that borders our wall. We get the loud music, thump, thump, bang, shout, belch and probably fart for hours. We also have a number of balls now coming in over our wall into the garden. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Two ad's that seem to be running on various media constantly, have background music from a very emotional part of my life. This music is hugely evocative of those times, sights and emotions.

Ta there is no where to hide from it and its constantly catching me out and making me an emotional mess!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Confessed to a health care professional that I was concerned about the check up she was completing, she did the check and said that not so bad and starts a different(but included part) of the procedure which contradicted what she said at the start.

I hate that, downplaying a situation and they taking the implied complement away by what was said in the first place.

Its more of a TA when its done to children.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I haven't seen mcardles in years. It used to be a drink for old ladies when I was a lad.

I managed to get it in an Off Licence in Drogheda. It used to be brewed in Dundalk until Diageo bought it out and moved production to St James Gate. Dunnes in Balbriggan also sell it in cans but I think it's nicer out of the bottles :)

I managed to get it in an Off Licence in Drogheda. It used to be brewed in Dundalk until Diageo bought it out and moved production to St James Gate. Dunnes in Balbriggan also sell it in cans but I think it's nicer out of the bottles :)

I had it years ago in a craft beer pub. I think they sold it ironically. It was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There was a joke I heard decades ago.....

Reporter stops a lad in the street in Dundalk and says 'I've heard people around here are very anti-Semitic'

'Ah no' says your man 'We're not anti-Semitic, we just prefer the taste of Macardles':D

(sorry ot)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

the smell of urine in the city.. :mad: so gross

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So I've only recently copped that my housemate's hearing is *really* bad. I couldn't figure out why she kept jumping out of her skin every time I entered a room til I realised she doesn't hear me coming. Now I feel like I need to walk everywhere around the house like a marching band leader.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    So I've only recently copped that my housemate's hearing is *really* bad. I couldn't figure out why she kept jumping out of her skin every time I entered a room til I realised she doesn't hear me coming. Now I feel like I need to walk everywhere around the house like a marching band leader.

shall you be wearing the uniform and carrying those big batons?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

You could announce yourself into a room by playing a tune on a bugel?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bagpipes FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm getting the giant cymbals to clash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who repeat themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement