Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yes, the 20th this time. It's the 21st most years but not always.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

People that cut their hedges and just leave all the clippings on the pavement/road side.

Wake me up when it's all over.

People who remove excess cardboard from their groceries as they're loading them into their boot. They just dump the cardboard in the trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A work "social" event with teams from other areas/countries, after a few, one started on about her hatred of the Me Too movement. "It's disgusting just any young one can accuse my poor son of rape and just get away with it". Beyond the wide-ranging blaming of a certain age range, I feel the whole point has gone over her head.

#be kind on her bio no doubt.

Ta'ed I had to waste a pm listing to this crap from a doting mammy type.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

When the person hosting a Teams / Zoom call is the only one with their camera off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Phantom post here showing as unread, hope this cures it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Another bag of mandarins that are soul-destroying & difficult to peel.

Have to stand over a sink while peeling & eating or else change into old clothes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cut them horizontally and squeeze them with a lemon squeezer. Half the hassle, all the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Avoiding going home because there is too much **** to do there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got the bus to Dublin yesterday evening because I was going to a gig. At every stop, people would get off and on (as you'd expect) but as soon as you heard the doors close, the engine would cut out.

This was annoying and not inspiring confidence in the bus, and then just as we had nearly left the last major town, the engine wouldn't restart. After numerous valiant efforts by the driver, I resigned myself to standing on the side of the misty rainy road, not exactly the start you want to an evening out in Dublin.

It eventually got going (with me thinking "Don't even stop for a red light!"), and I got to the gig, although missing the support act who were were very good, according to the friend was also at the gig.

Buses, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A chap in our flat complex is running an extension cord from a shared socket in the hallways (that the cleaners use every two weeks for hoovering) and running waaaay out to the back of the buildings to do some welding beside his van. We all pay for that!

If someone wanted to put an electric bike in the hallway hey no issue for me, even an electric scooter. But welding is ridiculous. He is a resident.

Snitches get stitches but dammit we got a hefty 120 euro increase in standing charges and fees last December per month. I walked along the extension cord with a video and reported to the management.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Kingslayer

Look up videos on youtube of e bikes and scooters exploding in a fireball and you will never want to see one charging in your building again. The burning batteries give off highly toxic smoke too, scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And you can't put them out, they have to just burn themselves out.

There will be tragedies in the future with all the ebikes and scooters stored in apartment blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Kingslayer

Who or what is pichael.thompson? They keep showing up as the last post on a thread but there is never any post there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I don't have a washing machine at the moment, so headed for one of those public machines you see in garages and car parks everywhere now.

Washed the clothes, absolutely soaking, obvs no spin, then the machine said it was out of order, sucked it up & put it in the other one, wash again, cos you can't just spin. Same fecking thing happened. Had to drag 2 stone of wet washing home & try to wring it out by hand in the bath.

I have put it outside, I might put it in the bin😠

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Decided to try a new café for breakfast. Not open despite online enquiries re opening hours stated that they would be. This is basic stuff so won't be giving them a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,213 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

went to open a bag of dried pasta. The packaging is now so crap and thin it rips almost the length of the bag with only a nominal force used…thankfully only about 10-15 % of the contents is lost to the floor, but I just wanted to cook, plate, garnish and enjoy…. I had no desire at 10 pm to be sweeping up, cleaning up and what not….

• Registered Users Posts: 30,454 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm nearly 32 and I feel to old to be young and to young to be middle aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Double post

• Advertisement

RTE player adverts. 4 x 30 seconds each before the programme starts. If you flick to another window, the player pauses.

And if you just want to watch a certain part, you have to sit through a similar number of adverts as you fast forward / flick through each section. Example being The Sunday Game which is split into 4 parts. I wanted to see Wexford v Galway which was in part 4. So I had to sit through 3 more blocks of multiple adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Using kinesiology tape they strap your foot to minimise the movement, you can still walk, but it stops excessive movement to reduce pain and aid healing. Have a look at YouTube videos but see a physio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just the two suicides in my community/social circles this week. More than a TA I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,454 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I haven't done it in a while but if your using a laptop. Open anther window and minimise it a little it and the ads should play.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭PP Lee

The L2 button on my PS5 controller has decided to die, and now my washing machine is acting up also

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The annual irish (well mostly rte) obsession with the Eurovision.

It fills every radio show, and tv news, with its nonsense.

Well at least Ray D'Arcy will have content for his show for a few days this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,607 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Went for my first run in an age there and the wind somehow managed to be blowing directly in my face on both the way out and the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,184 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement