Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Usually those people that go on hash tagging the fûck out of every utterance on social media and who bleat on endlessly about mental health are usually the biggest toe-rags going... one I can think of was every other month organizing a collection for this and that, sending a ‘mental health’ gif or meme or ‘thought’ for the day... but shafted a humongous number of colleagues in pursuit of his aspirations.... when I see that craic now it’s red flag central.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Strumms wrote: »
    Usually those people that go on hash tagging the fûck out of every utterance on social media and who bleat on endlessly about mental health are usually the biggest toe-rags going... one I can think of was every other month organizing a collection for this and that, sending a ‘mental health’ gif or meme or ‘thought’ for the day... but shafted a humongous number of colleagues in pursuit of his aspirations.... when I see that craic now it’s red flag central.

I remember at the start of the pandemic the abuse I got from some of them because I wore a mask before it was the thing. They claimed people didn't know how to wear them properly and it was selfish. The same people now bitch when people don't wear masks.
    #bekind my ar*e as long as you follow my rules.

Following on from the gut wrenching, heart breaking post earlier in this thread about the little triangle of kitchen towel that is left over when you try to remove a sheet, I had one such triangular straggler hanging loose from the roll this morning. I thought of this thread. However, I only needed a small bit because I just wanted to wipe the tiny tip of a mustard bottle.

Why these triangular pieces are perfect for little jobs like this, I thought to meself.

So I yanked at it, and it pulled off most the next sheet after it, leaving a fresh triangle of kitchen towel, larger than the first in its place.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

spookwoman wrote: »
    I remember at the start of the pandemic the abuse I got from some of them because I wore a mask before it was the thing. They claimed people didn't know how to wear them properly and it was selfish. The same people now bitch when people don't wear masks.
    #bekind my ar*e as long as you follow my rules.

Agendaite fûckwits basically.

Following on from the gut wrenching, heart breaking post earlier in this thread about the little triangle of kitchen towel that is left over when you try to remove a sheet, I had one such triangular straggler hanging loose from the roll this morning. I thought of this thread. However, I only needed a small bit because I just wanted to wipe the tiny tip of a mustard bottle.

Why these triangular pieces are perfect for little jobs like this, I thought to meself.

So I yanked at it, and it pulled off most the next sheet after it, leaving a fresh triangle of kitchen towel, larger than the first in its place.

If you ever talk to anyone in the army they will tell you what that triangle of paper is for when it's toilet paper :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Had an electrician in to fit 2 new light fittings in the hallway at the start of June. He spent quite a while huffing and puffing at them but eventually got them up and working. hurrah.

Today we discovered that the big light and spotlights in the living room is no longer working. Not a huge issue seeing as how we never use them (literally the first time we tried to turn them on was 22 days after the electrician left) but it's kinda annoying and I can't understand how him faffing with the hall lights has affected the living room lights. Gonna have to call him back now.

I've still not called the electrician back. But I've discovered what has gone wrong here. He's somehow connected the living room light switches to the hallway lights. So the lights in the living room will only come on once the hallway lights are on. I'm baffled at how he managed to do this at all. At least they do still work, but I'm still gonna have to call him just in case it's some safety issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've still not called the electrician back. But I've discovered what has gone wrong here. He's somehow connected the living room light switches to the hallway lights. So the lights in the living room will only come on once the hallway lights are on. I'm baffled at how he managed to do this at all. At least they do still work, but I'm still gonna have to call him just in case it's some safety issue.

he was too lazy to run a wire for the hallway lights so he hijacked the one for the main light. Giving this was in a hallway and the breaker box is probably in the hall it is extremely lazy. I'm not sure I would want him back to correct it. He would probably make it worse.

he was too lazy to run a wire for the hallway lights so he hijacked the one for the main light. Giving this was in a hallway and the breaker box is probably in the hall it is extremely lazy. I'm not sure I would want him back to correct it. He would probably make it worse.

He wasn't installing or changing anything to do with the wiring though, just replacing the 2 light fittings in the hallway. And the breaker box is in a storeroom off the kitchen so nowhere near the hallway. I actually think the builders that built the house just did the wiring off their arses.

Speaking of builders, I've another TA. There's an issue with our chimney (another reason why I think the guys who built this house were lazy fcukers) and NHBC are sending out a contractor to take down and rebuild the stack to replace the drip tray which is defective. Their nominated contractors were due out to us in June and we're still waiting on them despite tons of calls and emails. They haven't even called us back to agree on a date. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He wasn't installing or changing anything to do with the wiring though, just replacing the 2 light fittings in the hallway. And the breaker box is in a storeroom off the kitchen so nowhere near the hallway. I actually think the builders that built the house just did the wiring off their arses.

Speaking of builders, I've another TA. There's an issue with our chimney (another reason why I think the guys who built this house were lazy fcukers) and NHBC are sending out a contractor to take down and rebuild the stack to replace the drip tray which is defective. Their nominated contractors were due out to us in June and we're still waiting on them despite tons of calls and emails. They haven't even called us back to agree on a date. :mad:

if the light fittings were already there and connected to their own switch then I have no idea how he managed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA by my work pc. It's acting up.

• Advertisement

if the light fittings were already there and connected to their own switch then I have no idea how he managed that.

Yeah me neither. It's completely baffling. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

For some reason when I autofill my email address I get a wrong format message. I triple check it, no errors still i need to type it manually :(
    Also , pharmacies that are closed, switch off your green cross signs so I know you are closed.
    Oh , I have more , but thats probably due to not getting any lately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Pharmacies in Ireland to start vaccinations for 18-34 year olds today, yet my 38 year old asthmatic fiancé can't get an appointment via the HSE "system".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I put this notice on the company internal notice board yesterday.

Any Irish based colleague's know when the blue tape is due?, we are complete out and I cant find the purchase order on our system. Important, as you know we need this for every submission.

Reponses(not meant as a joke as the other branches have zero sense of humour), do you not have any at all? why don't you have any? maybe they will be there soon, did you check the po system?

Ta I don't know if ppl don't understand the english I have used or that they don't read, if they don't read, why type a response?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Antares35 wrote: »
    Pharmacies in Ireland to start vaccinations for 18-34 year olds today, yet my 38 year old asthmatic fiancé can't get an appointment via the HSE "system".

Over 35s can register on the HSE website now. https://vaccine.hse.ie/

Over 35s can register on the HSE website now. https://vaccine.hse.ie/

I know, he has but there's been radio silence since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I know, he has but there's been radio silence since :(

Not sure how quick the turnaround is now but in early to mid May it took me a week from registration to getting the text notification for my appointment and another four days to my first vaccination.

This is a TA from earlier. Bad drivers on the road. I'm sick to the teeth of them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

When you use bug spray on your exposed skin and wake up the next day with bites under your clothes.
    I sprayed my arms, legs and rubbed some on my neck and face. Mofos bit me through my socks. Ankles are tore up right now.

Must. Not. Skratch!

And that's difficult for a DJ like me. Damn.

It's for the 'gram with their new fashion accessory.
    Enjoy it while you can Fido, before you get dumped at the animal rescue door.

You jest......but you wouldn't believe how true that is. When we rescued Mandy, we were only supposed to be fostering her for a few weeks until she got her injections done. So, she couldn't be around other dogs until she'd been vaccinated and needed a foster home quick smart.

When we met her, my heart melted. No way was I going to be giving her back. I was explaining this to the people in Dogs Trust and said "I hope you haven't put her photo up on the site yet, because she'll be snapped up, I'd say".

The lady explained to me that black dogs don't fare well in rescue situations. There's a little bit of superstition involved, but mostly the reason is that they're not exactly photogenic. They don't show up well in photos because it can be hard to figure out which part is which due to the black hairs. So they're not exactly insta-friendly.

TA that she said they get more black dogs returned than nearly all the other colours combined and the most common reason is because they don't look good on social media posts :mad:

557675.jpg

How could you say she doesn't look good?

• Advertisement

Mandy looks Dandy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Yes, my son is caught up in that group too. He rang the HSE last week to check, having registered at the first opportunity. Was told to ring back in 10 days. Seems they are in no hurry to vaccinate 35 to 39 aged people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

He still won't be getting it any time soon. My nephew rang a load of pharmacies today. One place had a waiting list of 1,300 people. They'll be a long time getting through that with the 50 doses a week they're being given.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I just found out what a dilator set is for

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You jest......but you wouldn't believe how true that is. When we rescued Mandy, we were only supposed to be fostering her for a few weeks until she got her injections done. So, she couldn't be around other dogs until she'd been vaccinated and needed a foster home quick smart.

When we met her, my heart melted. No way was I going to be giving her back. I was explaining this to the people in Dogs Trust and said "I hope you haven't put her photo up on the site yet, because she'll be snapped up, I'd say".

The lady explained to me that black dogs don't fare well in rescue situations. There's a little bit of superstition involved, but mostly the reason is that they're not exactly photogenic. They don't show up well in photos because it can be hard to figure out which part is which due to the black hairs. So they're not exactly insta-friendly.

TA that she said they get more black dogs returned than nearly all the other colours combined and the most common reason is because they don't look good on social media posts :mad:

557675.jpg

How could you say she doesn't look good?

Ah shes a beaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I didn't jest because heaps will end up being discarded as the novelty wears off or it acts up when its left on it's own for hours on end as people get back to offices, but people so shallow they don't want a black dog, a new low I wasnt aware of.
    People are assholes.

As I said before TA people who post pictures of their dogs for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Don't tempt me :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

#whensimplethingsinifebecomecomplicated.. :mad: went to buy a simple veg peeler today and was shown a whole plethora of different types n styles.. gee... I didn't realise there wer so many.. ended up not buying one..

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    He still won't be getting it any time soon. My nephew rang a load of pharmacies today. One place had a waiting list of 1,300 people. They'll be a long time getting through that with the 50 doses a week they're being given.

He isn't in that age category so wouldn't have been getting it via a pharmacy anyway. That's insane. All the hype and they kept it quiet how few they are actually giving the pharmacies :(

Also TA I got a text today for my second dose appointment, and it's at exactly 37 weeks pregnant... The cutoff (for some reason) is 36+6. Wonder if I can send him instead :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement